The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Real talk, has Coby had faster growth in the series than Luffy? Just thinking back - Luffy was already a monster when he met Coby's ***** *** on Alvida's ship. Obviously Luffy kept evolving from that point, but he had a solid base of abilities already from his childhood. Coby started from scratch and has now reached a pretty high level (for those who are reading the manga). If there IS a time-skip, I could see him being top-tier Vice Admiral level (i.e. still under Admiral and Yonko level, but really really strong).
Yes Coby has grown faster than Luffy had. I think Oda is trying to send us after a red herring on who will be Luffy's Garp, so he is strengthing Coby. I think Smoker's rise in rank is slow because he is already so high up, plus he is kind of a head strong. He continuously goes against the WG, where as Coby went against Akainu when he knows he was wrong. I think Smoker will get some advancements from VP and rise in power. Luffy has outpaced Smoker so fast that he was like you can't beat me how you are. The disrespect to say that.

Coby's haki has to bloom it is just him and Helmeppo out on the seas. His crew is a bunch of weak marines compared to Luffy's ship.

One piece could literally do 20 gaudens I'd be interested in.

I feel like smokers devil fruit has too many limitations in terms of getting much more powerful .

Unless he can make smoke clones like dude from HxH. I dont see hin getting too many more upgrades

That is a very solid top 5 IMO.

I really want to see the translation for whats on the full top 100 list.

Smokey almost got washed by Doflamingo post-time skip - no way he was offered an Admiral spot.

It is crazy how fast Coby was promoted though. I can definitely see him being the "Garp" to Luffy's "Roger" when they ultimately fight against Teach's "Rocks" crew near the end of the story. I wish we had more context for Coby's strength though - hopefully Oda goes back and touches more on some of his feats and struggles that have led to this immense growth. As Rayleigh said, it's difficult to teach Haki beyond the basics - haki truly blooms through real life or death experiences. Would be great to see Coby's progression in a Gaiden or something.
The next Marine conflict just straight up dedicate some chapters to a fight with Coby and some bastard pirate.

I wish BB had attacked the reverie just so the marines would defend the royals.

One piece could literally do 20 gaudens I'd be interested in.

I feel like smokers devil fruit has too many limitations in terms of getting much more powerful .

Unless he can make smoke clones like dude from HxH. I dont see hin getting too many more upgrades
Don't sleep on the genius that is VegaPunk, no telling what he (Oda) could think up. Possibly some how enhance him with some abilities to make him the next evolution of the pacifistas. Curious what his DF would look like awakened. I think his should be similiar to Katakuri in the sense smoke malleable like mochi is. He should be able to control the pressure as well possibly affect the atmosphere with his smoke. However that would be dangerously close to Fujitora's gravity ability.

Been gone for awhile
Beastars
No Guns Life

I'm rocking with these
Bem was just boring for me

Waiting for Re Zero life season 2 to drop

Make our Tactics
When the **** did that conflict happen? Did I miss something or were you just speaking in general rank among the crew

1:06

when you see it :rofl:

also I miss naruto. they had some of the best intro/outro. music and animation

Cant belive I didn't notice it. I even missed it in the screen shot and had to press play, I was a huge fan of the outro where Naruto was sparring with Neji and Lee

surprised to see beastars mentioned in here :lol: after years of rumors the author was recently revealed to be the daughter of keisuke itagaki (grappler baki).

so3ZXsr.jpg

another good OP chapter this week.
i forgot how to manually do spoiler tags, but can't wait til next week. should get the history of why wano borders been closed maybe even an oden face reveal

Not sure it was the translation I read, but “hide ya kids. Hide ya wife” threw me off lol
Don't forget the hide your livestock part. Oden's freaky yo. :lol:

another good OP chapter this week.
i forgot how to manually do spoiler tags, but can't wait til next week. should get the history of why wano borders been closed maybe even an oden face reveal
Oden's silhouette seems familiar. Maybe we've already met him?

Oh, and Zoro's reaction to Sanji's bounty. :lol:

There are absolutely no punches being pulled in Kimetsu no Yaiba this chapter
We lost Tokito and Genya in order to defeat Upper Moon 1. Damn. RIP to some real ones yo...
I guess there is no plot armor for being bisected, both vertical and horizontal in their cases. :lol:

Since no one else will admit this... I will
Shokugeki no soma is a better watch than MHA. Going season by season. (Excluding manga)
Fight me

So Beastars hitting pretty good

Now if I’m a fan of this series would people associate me as a fan of Furries or two completely different realms?

Oh boy. I hope your opinion is the same at the end of this season. :lol:
I'm pretty much current with the manga. I know what is about to ensue. And I'll know they'll make an epic animation out of it. Still doesn't change my mind on the show as a whole. Not just those "wow moments "

I'm pretty much current with the manga. I know what is about to ensue. And I'll know they'll make an epic animation out of it. Still doesn't change my mind on the show as a whole. Not just those "wow moments "
Don't get me wrong. I love SnS as much as you do, but no amount of animation is gonna redeem the Noir chefs and the BLUE arc's inherent story problems. It doesnt matter how much you polish it. I'm still gonna watch and enjoy this final season though.

As for what you said earlier about it going toe to toe with MHA, this season will definitively be in MHA's favor. The overhaul arc is that good.

Back
Top Bottom