The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

i'm going to cosign this. dragon look like the type of dude who can drop any character with that stank eye haki....without oda drawing him in the manga nyumsayin?

sabo has to be on par with yonkous...dude is #2 to dragon and probably trained by him. thats almost better than what luffy had from the dark king.

going down the list...aside form the yonkous, i can see a few admirals being a problem. luffy is admiral level tho at best.

honestly, mugiwaras not there yet. yonkous would body luffy and his crew easy imo. luffy's strongest attacks are red hawk (which sabo can do just by farting) or gatling gun with armament haki activated. shanks got one arm n **** and id bet MAD BERRI that luffy can't see shanks with hands...i mean hand. red hair would haki luffy's crew and smack luffy around like

juSdIU.gif

GIMME MY HAT BACK

all while wearin those gucci slippers.

its also still not clear how strong zoro and sanji are. and are they about that haki life.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

also giving robin benefit of the doubt because she trained with the revolutionary army and rolled with sabo and dragon prolly. unclear yet. everyone else kind of meh
grin.gif

just because u unlocked an iphone, doesn't make u an app developer. luffy has a long way to go. but my opinion may change depending on this flamingo fight.
None of the Straw hats have gone all out yet since the start of the New World so it's not really possible to accurately power scale them, but it's obvious they're not ready to go against any Yonkou straight up hence the need for all the alliances and the round about ways of weakening the yonkous before they confront them.

Both Zoro and Sanji have armament and observation haki as well. Oda has 10 years of One Piece planned left if not more so there's not reason they need to be ready now, on the 2nd island into the New World. When Jinbe joins that'll be a nice addition and power boost to the crew as well. Ussop also just got observation haki, so we'll probably be seeing the rest of the crew slowly unlock haki during the rest of the arcs. 

There's no rush to this, the new world literally is just beginning. 

Also Sabo isn't Yonkou level. He admitted Fujitora wasn't going all out against him and was still giving him trouble. Once he masters his new devil fruit he'll probably be on par with the admirals or Yonkou, but right now he's probably just below that level.

i'm going to cosign this. dragon look like the type of dude who can drop any character with that stank eye haki....without oda drawing him in the manga nyumsayin?

sabo has to be on par with yonkous...dude is #2 to dragon and probably trained by him. thats almost better than what luffy had from the dark king.

going down the list...aside form the yonkous, i can see a few admirals being a problem. luffy is admiral level tho at best.

honestly, mugiwaras not there yet. yonkous would body luffy and his crew easy imo. luffy's strongest attacks are red hawk (which sabo can do just by farting) or gatling gun with armament haki activated. shanks got one arm n **** and id bet MAD BERRI that luffy can't see shanks with hands...i mean hand. red hair would haki luffy's crew and smack luffy around like

juSdIU.gif

GIMME MY HAT BACK

all while wearin those gucci slippers.

its also still not clear how strong zoro and sanji are. and are they about that haki life. :nerd: :nerd:

also giving robin benefit of the doubt because she trained with the revolutionary army and rolled with sabo and dragon prolly. unclear yet. everyone else kind of meh >D

just because u unlocked an iphone, doesn't make u an app developer. luffy has a long way to go. but my opinion may change depending on this flamingo fight.
None of the Straw hats have gone all out yet since the start of the New World so it's not really possible to accurately power scale them, but it's obvious they're not ready to go against any Yonkou straight up hence the need for all the alliances and the round about ways of weakening the yonkous before they confront them.

Both Zoro and Sanji have armament and observation haki as well. Oda has 10 years of One Piece planned left if not more so there's not reason they need to be ready now, on the 2nd island into the New World. When Jinbe joins that'll be a nice addition and power boost to the crew as well. Ussop also just got observation haki, so we'll probably be seeing the rest of the crew slowly unlock haki during the rest of the arcs. 

Also Sabo isn't Yonkou level. He admitted Fujitora wasn't going all out against him and was still giving him trouble. Once he masters his new devil fruit he'll probably be on par with the admirals or Yonkou, but right now he's probably just below that level.

fair points. i can't wait till jinbei joins...when did usopp get observation haki?

also is it just me, or is one piece a manga that plays out like an RPG? like zelda or...chrono trigger/cross?

fair points. i can't wait till jinbei joins...when did usopp get observation haki?

also is it just me, or is one piece a manga that plays out like an RPG? like zelda or...chrono trigger/cross?
He unlocked it in chapter 758, when he sniped Sugar thru the wall from the plateau and could see see Luffy, Law, and Sugar's aura. 
It does play out like an RPG at times. There's probably parts inspired by RPG, I know the original warlords were inspired by RPG characters. Oda is inspired by lots of stuff and incorporates it into the manga. The only major problem is that he has to give Luffy major detours every arc, since like in video games the final boss has to fight the MC last.

I gotta be the only one not feeling jinbei in the crew. Dude has no personality at all. Will be just another body in the crew...however he would be hella useful

I gotta be the only one not feeling jinbei in the crew. Dude has no personality at all. Will be just another body in the crew...however he would be hella useful
Idk I like Jinbe, he showed his personality more in fishman island and this cover arc. He's also a veteran and lets be honest they need a real voice of reason and seriousness at times. Nami, Ussop, and Chopper try to be voices of reason, but Luffy doesn't give a damn about what they have to say cause they're always crying. Robin's serious but she rolls with whatever Luffy wants to do. Zoro is serious and will get on Luffy, but it's always after the fact. Jinbe would only be the one with the personality and the experience to give Luffy good preemptive advice.He adds another dynamic.  Plus it seems like all the top crews are getting fishmen in them and jinbe is the strongest fishman around. Plus he fills the role of helmsmen. Oda also mentioned we're getting 2 crew members in the New World so they gotta be useful and strong or it's pointless

imo right now Sabo is about here

Yonkou > Admiral > Sabo > Shichibukai > Luffy

Idk I like Jinbe, he showed his personality more in fishman island and this cover arc. He's also a veteran and lets be honest they need a real voice of reason and seriousness at times. Nami, Ussop, and Chopper try to be voices of reason, but Luffy doesn't give a damn about what they have to say cause they're always crying. Robin's serious but she rolls with whatever Luffy wants to do. Zoro is serious and will get on Luffy, but it's always after the fact. Jinbe would only be the one with the personality and the experience to give Luffy good preemptive advice.He adds another dynamic.  Plus it seems like all the top crews are getting fishmen in them and jinbe is the strongest fishman around. Plus he fills the role of helmsmen. Oda also mentioned we're getting 2 crew members in the New World so they gotta be useful and strong or it's pointless

Jinbei count as one of the two? He technically agreed to join before the New World.

i mean lowkey some admirals and yonkou adn shichibukai can be on par with each other or really close.

btw, your avy :smokin

one of the coldest anime movies ive ever seen, hella feels :x

Shichibukai power levels vary too much tho. They range from Mihawk to Buggy. 
Jinbei count as one of the two? He technically agreed to join before the New World.
Idk all he said is 2 will be joining and it will be successive. I'd assume they end up with 12 people including Luffy, so that Oda can break them up into groups of 3 or 4. Unless he does 11 including Luffy. Who knows though it might be easier to let Luffy run wild on islands rather than be guided by the crew.

Shichibukai power levels vary too much tho. They range from Mihawk to Buggy. 

Idk all he said is 2 will be joining and it will be successive. I'd assume they end up with 12 people including Luffy, so that Oda can break them up into groups of 3 or 4. Unless he does 11 including Luffy. Who knows though it might be easier to let Luffy run wild on islands rather than be guided by the crew.

Buggy is an outlier lmao, if you dont count him the current group is pretty even.

I think I found One Piece at the right time. I read 500+ chapters in a month. I was freshly unemployed and just said "Let's do this!" When I caught up, it was the greatest feeling...

Watching all of op anime before I read the manga. On thriller bark atm, Is anything going to get interesting soon after this arc? Cuz this arc is boring lol even though their gonna fight a shichibukai

Watching all of op anime before I read the manga. On thriller bark atm, Is anything going to get interesting soon after this arc? Cuz this arc is boring lol even though their gonna fight a shichibukai
The end of that arc has one of the best moments in the entire series and the 3 major arcs after that are considered the best in the series are all fast paced and intense. Thriller back is just a stand alone comedy arc to showcase moriah, add some comedic relief before the roller coaster ahead, and to do some world building for the future. But yes the following arcs are much bigger and interesting. The next arc, saboady,  in particular happens to be my favorite even tho it's short. 

Also Thriller bark is where the pacing of the anime really slows down as well, which is why people often find it less enjoyable. 

Last edited:
The end of thriller bark is what got my boy to finally start watching One Piece.

He caught a glimpse of it asked me about it and I told him it gets even better.

No joke when I say the end of thriller bark is the best part of the arc.

It makes all that crap you had to suffer through worth it just to see that one badass moment.

Im one of the minority that Loved thriller bark. I think zoro had his best fight to date in that arc...
And my man brook was there!

As far as power levels of the shicukai. I think theyre up there plus with admirals (excluding buggy) plus we dont know what they can really do post 2 year time skip. I would think a lot of them boosted their powers significantly

Im one of the minority that Loved thriller bark. I think zoro had his best fight to date in that arc...
And my man brook was there!

As far as power levels of the shicukai. I think theyre up there plus with admirals (excluding buggy) plus we dont know what they can really do post 2 year time skip. I would think a lot of them boosted their powers significantly
As a whole? or Individually you have them with the admirals?

The only one individual should be Mihawk and maybe the unrevealed 7th one. Also about them getting stronger over 2 years I don't think it happened. They're all seasoned veteran pirates who benefit from gov't status meaning half the threat to them is gone, plus the point of their reputation is to drive away other pirates so they're not battling that much.

Plus Mihawks was training Zoro for  2 year, the power gap between them is such that doing so probably would not make him stronger.

Kuma lost his conscious, the only way he gets stronger is through Vegapunk installed upgrades and I feel losing his conscious was detrimental to his overall power.
Doffy, we're seeing everything he has currently and he's been chilling on an island for the past 10 year besides minor skirmishes. Look at his crew most of them are no longer in top shape due to the lax life they lead. The most intense combat they do is coliseum fights and anything doffy does on his own.

Hancock may have improved due to the fact she regularly goes on expeditions for supplies with her crew, but she wasn't throwing down regularly.

Buggy dude is mad lazy, he could have improved tho just because his fruit has plenty of potential and there is room for improvement, but most likely he got a slight bump cause he may have run into some fights while he was treasure hunting.

Law  obviously got stronger over 2 years, the difference with him though is he's the youngest pirate out of them, with the most motivation and room for improvement. Being in the new world for him it was get stronger or die. Plus Warlord for him was just a pit stop. 

IF you include the old ones who lost their spot then you have Crocodile who was strong, but his mindset was holding him back. He could have improved as his mental scars seem to be gone and he's returned to the New World. Moriah is a bum, but it looks like he's returned to the New World, although I honestly don't think he improved much. Jinbe seems to be around his pretimeskip level still, but that was high as it was since he's the strongest fishman in the series. 

Tl:dr- The only warlord who probably improved significantly over the timeskip was Law and Kuma may have gotten upgrades from Vegapunk, everyone else is probably around the same level as before. 
Brook
mean.gif

Still think he's trash
At least they cut down on his skull jokes and he's better than chopper

Chill b chopper got the hands + he's a doctor..he's actually useful. Brook is just garbage..he sings songs :x

Chill b chopper got the hands + he's a doctor..he's actually useful. Brook is just garbage..he sings songs
sick.gif
Chopper spends too much of his time crying like doesn't know what the deal is at this point and he's mad naive even tho his whole experience says he shouldn't easily trust whatever people tell him. And when's the last time he did any real doctoring? Sanji's rehab consisted of showing sanji pictures but what cured sanji was just seeing a girl who was badder than what he had seen before. Plus he didn't ration the blood properly so when Luffy needed some he didn't have any. Punk Hazard it was Law who operated on this kids. Currently dude has done 0 on the boat. His doctoring amounts to wrapping people up with bandages and he's always running around in monster point now which means he can't move afterward. Can't save anyone if you can't even move yourself. Dude is a glorified mascot. Hopefully he gets some development during Kaido's arc. I could see Kaido wanting him for his rumble balls.

At least Brook can do recon now in his soul form, and he brings entertainment with his music, and Brook was the one who beat Jora saving Nami, Chopper, and Momo. He also saved Luffy, Zoro, Robin, and Ussop when they were in the lake at PH. Post time skip Brook is winning the usefulness battle. Honestly tho Idc for brook much, but Chopper doesn't do much at all.

I think chopper will show some guts when we find out what's good with Sanji and them in the next few chapters, cuz they gonna need all the help that can get

Back
Top Bottom