The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

One chapter a month really sucks for AOT, I have to literally try to remember wtf is going on for like the first 10 pages every time I read a new chapter.

That new ruroni kenshin chapter was fire :smokin
So they redoing the manga or what?

Finally, Knights of Sidonia S2 starts today. :pimp:

Also, does anyone know when the new Lupin III is supposed to air? I've been waiting all week for the new series to start but so far nothing... :lol: :nerd:

This week's episode of F/SN... :wow: :wow: :pimp:
*cue sweet jesus pic* :lol:

My boy Gil is Back. It's gonna be one hell of a fight next episode. :pimp: :nthat: :pimp:

Caught up on AoT, ****'s progressing nicely. Glad to see that Eren snapped out of his funk finally.

Some of the spring shows I've been watching had some pretty solid eps this week

Baby Steps 2- more of the same but still great

Plastic memories- gonna be a depressing show. Interesting though

Food wars- not much happened compared to last week. Bit of a letdown

Fate/stay- much better showing than last week.

Gunslinger stratos- this show has almost lost me

Teen romantic comedy- more of the same. Great show

Is it wrong to pickup girls in dungeons- much better than last week. The plot is starting to form and is possibly interesting

Just started reading Fairy Tail again, forgot how much I liked it 
nthat.gif
 around what arc did you guys stop liking it 
nerd.gif

Just started reading Fairy Tail again, forgot how much I liked it :nthat:  around what arc did you guys stop liking it :nerd:

It wasn't that I stopped liking it..
just very predictable. to a point it was cool to watch the fights but the end of the arc pissed me off.

Girls of the Wilds
Cat fight!! :lol: :pimp:

Feng Shen Ji
RIP Zhong Heng. Dude went out in a blaze of glory. :pimp:
I cant wait to see what that mad king can do. :lol:

Grisaia no Meikyuu
Jesus, that was ******* dark. :lol:
Why is the name Oslo so familiar?... :nerd:

Last edited:
^ This reminds me of 2 things...
1. the ridiculousness Naruto went through during the ending..

2. how much I miss Naruto

Short excerpts of an interview between Kishimoto and Horikoshi. They talk about the stress of having a weekly series in Jump, One Piece, competition between authors. 
http://onepiecepodcast.com/2015/04/...ce-in-interview-with-my-hero-academia-author/

In the May issue of the Japanese magazine “Da Vinci,” the author of the manga series Naruto, Masashi Kishimoto, sat down for an interview with My Hero Academia  author Kôhei Horikoshi to talk about their respective series and their work as manga artists.

During the interview, both authors discuss the series One Piece  and its author Eiichiro Oda on a few occasions while talking about the stress and fatigue that comes with drawing manga while doing a series in Weekly Shonen Jump.
KISHIMOTO: If I’m being honest, every manga author is mentally on edge while they’re serialized. I was talking about this the other day with Eiichiro Oda, the author of One Piece, as well and… well, everyone’s always on pins and needles, I mean, they’re always scared. They’re afraid of not being able to draw anything good, which means they won’t gain any popularity, and the series may be dropped. I believe everyone’s working to the point of breaking mentally, including me. During my serialization I was breaking out in cold sweats to the point that if I’d wring my T-shirt out there’d be sweat pouring out. I probably shouldn’t be talking about this too much.
Horikoshi was relieved to hear that he wasn’t the only for whom his serialization was mentally taking a toll, but that it’s more of a general thing for all Jumpauthors alike.

They went on to talk about the character Naruto, their editors at Jump,  and the influence of people around them, such as Kishimoto’s first editor of 9 years and the current Editor-In-Chief of Jump Square: Kôsuke Yahagi. The interview finally ended with the mindset needed to be able to sustain a serialization in Jump. Horikoshi mentioned that his goal was to get himself published, and this time to be able to stand his ground against One Piece  or Naruto, to which Kishimoto agreed, commenting that:
KISHIMOTO: Definitely, that feeling is really important. I believe it’s not thinking “I want to draw a manga like One Piece” or ” I want to draw a manga like Naruto,” but thinking “I want to beat them” that’s important. And even more than just draw manga, you have to draw while trying to clear the wall that is One Piece, which is a pretty big wall to clear. I was also drawing along while thinking that, but the size of that wall… it was quite something (laughs). When I think about how you’ll be challenging that wall yourself from now on, I get excited. Next time I meet Oda, I’ll tell him that “I want you to continue on, trying to defeat Horikoshi!”
HORIKOSHI: Scary!
You can read the rest of the interview, as well as an conversation between Naruto’s three manga editors and an interview with Naruto Voice Actress Junko Takeuchi and more in the May issue of Da Vinci  (Japanese only).

Be sure to check out our upcoming translation of the Kishimoto x Oda interview, to be released in the upcoming Naruto Exhibition official Guidebook.

Boku no Hero Academia
Izuku still used all for one with a broken finger!!! Todoroki is starting to catch frostbite so he has to use his fire side now

So I heard Lupin is getting aired in Italy before japan and they still haven't said when they plan to air it

Last weeks throwback was FLCL, I always felt like that series could have a continuation with naota being a young adult 20-22 and meeting haruko again

this weeks throwback is Cowboy Bebop and i'm watching the movie to top it off

Back
Top Bottom