The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I DONT REALLY WATCH THIS ANYMORE BUT WHEN I WAS A KID I USED TO BEAST FOR THIS STUFF.. DBZ, RANMA 1/2, GUYVER, AKIRA, AND SO MANY OTHERS I CANT REMEMBER

Death Note fans, get ready for Warner Bros. to white wash that story

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...-death-note-casts-paper-towns-star-nat-wolff/
giphy.gif

[emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128545[/emoji]
Don't anybody try to come in here and slander the Japanese Adaptation[emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji]

They going straight to a movie adaptation. Not even gonna try an American version of the cartoon or tv show.

We already have 2 death note movies 3 if you count that L spinoff I don't really wanna see Liam hemsworth as Lawrence "light" Andrews the qauterback/ valedictorian / sociopath & Emma stone as misa and **** man I'm sick lol

Last edited:
I sort of dont understad the problem....
Deathnote has had 3 live action adaptations.
Anime and manga has been long done.

What would the reason ve for being upset. Just dont watch it.

Cough dbz evolution

For me I wouldn't say i'm upset just worried. I would be really happy if this turns out to be good but I have to have my doubts and time will tell.

Last edited:
I sort of dont understad the problem....
Deathnote has had 3 live action adaptations.
Anime and manga has been long done.

What would the reason ve for being upset. Just dont watch it.

Cough dbz evolution
Let them do a One Piece live action and I bet your tone would change[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]
Some mangas/anime/comic books don't need live action movies. Saw AOT this weekend(my bootleg plug[emoji]128518[/emoji]) and that ish was disappointing as hell.
Like the homie said, when you really enjoy something and especially with American Movie companies and their track record of completely disregarding and destroying source material for some melodrama, crappy consumption movie, you will feel some type of way.
Put it this way if they ever made a Samurai Champloo movie
drinking-vodka.gif

But in the end, it's about the money grab.[emoji]128532[/emoji]

I'm in favor of live adaptions, even if it's a cash grab.

If it create more fans of anime, I'll let em cook.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
He never fails to deliver. :pimp:

Its funny bc i always get excited for when the fight scenes come up. Really excited to see how hungry ippo is in his next fight. But takamuras ability to foght in so many different ways is crazy. Really great manga my favorite at the moment

I'm in favor of live adaptions, even if it's a cash grab.

If it create more fans of anime, I'll let em cook.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You're right the only worry I have is that it turns people off from the source material.

For example the Avatar the Last Airbender movie. I think its general consensus that the movie was garbage, but the TV show was great and well worth a watch. Unfortunately i've known people that saw the movie first and did not want to check out the source material after because they where like "if the movie is like this why would I watch the show".

When people told me that it made me go 

But thats my only worry, i hope it does get people interested in the source material either way like you said.

my thoughts on it are that Death note as a concept is universal in the sense that it can easily be adapted to different cultures. It doesn't have to be in Japan. You can easily change small details and have the protag/antag be whoever you want.

where as something Like Code geass, Japan is central to the plot ( western empire takes over japan, rebels etc)

Also the live action japanese versions have all been garbage so Im all for somebody else trying

Last edited:
my thoughts on it are that Death note as a concept is universal in the sense that it can easily be adapted to different cultures.
Also the live action japanese versions have all been garbage so Im all for somebody else trying

^this...
its not like there are many live action Japanese adaptations of animes that are actually good anyway.

those Mortal Kombat and street fighter youtube videos are awesome though.

sucks they stopped after 2 seasons

has the tools to be a great manga honestly

ill stop cosigning on all ippo comments lol

anyone know when they took akame gill off netflix?

sucks they stopped after 2 seasons

has the tools to be a great manga honestly

ill stop cosigning on all ippo comments lol

anyone know when they took akame gill off netflix?
There's 3 seasons.

season 1: 76 eps

season 2: 26 eps

season 3: 26 eps I think

Hajime no Ippo is a great manga.

There's like 1,000 chapters.

I'm on 653.

Back
Top Bottom