The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

So Feng shen ji is coming out with anime?
Just saw this trailer on YouTube

I have been waiting on this day forever

Jinbei slander will not be tolerated
My man got a plan for everything. He's practically the Kakashi. Strong and smart. And being able to use water can't wait

There's also heavy evidence to suggest he will get clipped like Pedro through. Only a matter of time :pimp:

He's joining the crew, fam. He just ranked 6th in the popularity poll and Oda did a cover for it of all non-straw hats except Luffy and Jinbe wasn't on the cover cause he's in the crew already. Hopefully with Jinbe on the crew we can see more battles at sea.

Finished my Kingdom re-read. Probably should have used the time to read something new, but Kingdom is excellent, so whatever. If you like historical fiction or are just looking for a series with lots of action and politics mixed in, I definitely recommend it. It's at chapter 529 and has a long way to go to the end I'd say, but definitely worth it.

Oh my god...sanji backstory is HORRIBLE got damn :smh:

The anime nailed. I'm sorry oda but that cake **** is not gonna cut it. I need sanji to take out some aggression this arc. Ich ni and yon need the beats

I never finished hxh anime lol

When the king chimera ant came to be that whole darn arc was putting me to bed :lol:

Tower of God

Can't believe the translators don't know that Yu Hansung is a man. Having Endrossi and Baam calling him a girl. Seems like he was already a coffee addict even as a regular and his strength was already crazy then.

Hockney cracks me up. Really hope he stays part of the crew. That part with Goliath was funny too.

Rak's ego creating a monster he can't beat is perfect. I wonder if Koon's enemy will be his father or Maria, maybe himself? I do want him to meet his father's data though.

I like the Baam's enemy is Viole. That should be interesting. It's interesting that he's afraid of himself.

Definitely want to see what happens with Rachel and her enemy, which will probably be herself.

I hope to see lots of character development and world building in this arc.

SIU's blog:

This week... we're having more exposition about the floor's setting. For a while it's going to be a Baam and Koon focused narrative. There's a lot to explain, and I also need to progress the plot. There's multiple stories ready to go in the Floor of Death. To divide it into stages it's like a game I guess.

This particular arc... It's based on a popular trope of "living inside a video game" found in many LN and manhwa that swept across Korea and also recently across the sea (TR: Japan). However, I'm focusing less on game-like aspects but more on the virtual REALITY. So the characters from this arc are less game characters but more of a virtual organism, a human composed of data... that's the idea at least. So I'm skipping the usually used concepts such as items, skills, status effects and the like for this arc for added realism. If you are asking me what game this arc is based on... You may find points of homage to classics "Hero Legend Series" or "Ustonicia Story" (TN: I have no idea what these are.) They're my first RPG games so I guess I got influenced by them I would think (except for their recent releases). The influence only points towards my understanding of the genre, not necessarily their plot points or specific lore. Although I said this is loosly based on the "video game is reality" genre, the plot and theme will be much more Cyberpunk in nature. In addition, there will be a few stories about some characters' pasts or the Ten Families or the Tower itself. I also think this Nemesis system, while serving a narrative role of "balancing this world", can also tell a great number of stories. With Viole as a Nemesis confirmed, I hope you look forward to other characters and their Nemesis. ^^

Re: Creators

okay. Now that was a plot twist I was not expecting, but even that wasn't enough to stop Altair. She's so busted that it's starting to annoy me. :lol:
The ending to the episode was the real twist though. :wow:

Anyone here read Usogui? Do you know if any scanlators plan on picking it up again or if it has official volume releases to get?

I finished HxH and went ahead to see where the manga was at , discovered that sadly Togashi doesn't dedicate too much time to it, due to various reasons, really sad because the story is so rich ... but he goes in hiatus for the longest , just to say something Naruto started way after HxH and finished back in 2014 with a hard number of volumes published, so I decided not to start reading the manga because it'll be starving for more once I reach where is at this moment.

Sad

My Hero Academia
Dear God :wow:
Poor Mirio...

017.png

Back
Top Bottom