The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

5C84D6B0-FB43-4558-8ABB-D4B9F163327A.jpeg

my demon slayer tee I picked up from Uniqlo

I have reached episode 715 of OP. I feel as if in the next 100 episodes I am going to officially make the turn in ranking OP over Naruto. Law’s backstory is top 5 no debate.
Chapter 715 OP is way better than Naruto, I binge read from 1 - 400. I started the manga during the 4 week break of the time skip. Luckily it was 2 weeks in and only had to wait 2 more weeks.

OP chapter delayed two weeks due to Odas health :frown:
Starting to wonder does dude have influenza or something or whatever Doc Holiday had in Tombstone. He seems to have some of the worst health.

Currently reading God of Highschool on chapter 176 the international tournament is coming soon. Does the manga get any better, I was excited reading it but starting to get repetitive with the fights and gods. I don't know if Oda spoiled me or even Naruto but quality of writing is certainly a step down. It does have it's bright parts like the moo woman, and the 3 main characters. However the powering up of the main character then nerfing him with the clone seems like author realized how pointless the manga would be with such an OP MC.
God-of-highschool-anime-review.jpg

I thought Naruto was decent up to Pain arc, but I dropped it in the middle of the War arc and just skipped to the last fight :lol:

Don’t think it’s fair to compare any shonen to OP. The plotting and world building is unmatched

I meant episodes I’m not reading the manga. I probably will once I catch up. But man what a ride I was one of those who was always against OP without ever giving it a real chance. But this journey was worth it.

That post made me just now read Boichi's Zoro vs. Mihawk fight and it made me think Oda shouldnt have had Mihawk be the guy to train Zoro during that 2 year time skip.

He should've just created some old shonen style swordmaster sensei for Kuma to send him too.

That fight brought back Zoro's past and how much his dream meant and how strong his ambition is to me and also what a cold but honorable badass Mihawk was/is.

I don't think then having Zoro grow all throughout the grand line and actually not lose since for him to then go and train under the guy he plans to one day beat.

Last edited:
I might be a minority, but I just couldn't get into OP's animation/art style. The variety in regards to personalities and powers seem great, but I didn't get far with the show. Maybe I'll give it another chance.

I actually prefer OP for its variety in style. It's has a wide range while remaining identifiable as Oda.

Then again I start with manga more times than the anime and by the time I start the anime I'm usually already hooked or a fan due to the manga.

That post made me just now read Boichi's Zoro vs. Mihawk fight and it made me think Oda shouldnt have had Mihawk be the guy to train Zoro during that 2 year time skip.

He should've just created some old shonen style swordmaster sensei for Kuma to send him too.

That fight brought back Zoro's past and how much his dream meant and how strong his ambition is to me and also what a cold but honorable badass Mihawk was/is.

I don't think then having Zoro grow all throughout the grand line and actually not lose since for him to then go and train under the guy he plans to one day beat.
If Oda wants to kill off Mihawk before Zoro gets to him, I would be taken aback but not too surprised.

I might be a minority, but I just couldn't get into OP's animation/art style. The variety in regards to personalities and powers seem great, but I didn't get far with the show. Maybe I'll give it another chance.

That was one thing that made me take a while to get into along with remembering the 4kids dub. But once I sat and actually got into it, the art style actually adds to the series and how the series and world and powers work. It's a really nice pairing. Oda also went with that art style because he didn't want a typical art style that other series were using, he went with something weird to stand out.

If Oda wants to kill off Mihawk before Zoro gets to him, I would be taken aback but not too surprised.

I feel like the most popular theory is he gets killed by Shiryu. But it'll be interesting to see what happens now that Mihawks is on the move again since his warlord status is gone.

That would suck but I wouldn't be surprised either.

My thinking though is that Shiryu from BB's crew would have to do it since that's most likely who Zoro is going to fight in that final battle with the Blackbeard pirates.

Yeah you in the minority, the story run is so long the animation style has changed at LEAST twice, early One Piece the animation style is not my favorite. However it is still better than early 70's - 80's anime. GOD I hated that style.

I will admit I am WAY behind on the anime, but it is because I know how many episodes I have ahead. I think I might be in Thriller Bark for the anime, however, current on the manga.
I think the only way you can kill off Mihawk is if Shiryu does it dishonorably. That would make sense since BB is more than likely going to be looking for Shanks to finish him off. Perhaps BB uses perfect timing and catches The Red Hair pirates as they are fighting the Marines. Otherwise I don't see them losing in a straight up fight.

My thoughts on how things go, Luffy and Shanks meet up and talk. Possibly have a Dave Jones fight, they part. Luffy doesn't hear anything about Shanks and finds Raftel. While on Raftel Shanks and BB clash and they lose. Also they hear the new Marine weapon is no joke and encounter one on there way to find BB. Defeat him then the WG is coming for them so they go head on at the WG with the SH alliance.

Last edited:
why no one tell me the chick from black lagoon doing her emglish impression was the perfect amount of Lulz

Back
Top Bottom