The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Ah Black Lagoon, I had caught up to the manga over a decade ago and gave it a break in order to binge again but then switched back to catching up on American comics and never came back.

Great manga. Didnt know it had an anime now.

I might be a minority, but I just couldn't get into OP's animation/art style. The variety in regards to personalities and powers seem great, but I didn't get far with the show. Maybe I'll give it another chance.

Dude, I was the same exact way. I couldn't justify the art/animation and the story just seemed kiddish. At the time I was already into Naruto so I always thought that you had to just be into at least one of the big 3. Naruto was my favorite and made me get into anime.

But when I finally gave OP the chance it deserved starting fro episode 1 when everyone was already 900+ boy did I make the turn. This show is not for kids whatsoever. The themes, the story, the plot are all for adults. The concept of hero would be confusing since the main character is a pirate. Is he a good guy or is he a bad guy. The loyalty of Zoro is something I still can't fathom.

It was a slow start, I was really stuck at thriller bark for a long time. But after I got passed it, the story just keeps getting better and better. I just know I want to be there when the journey finally ends. I want to know what happens. It's like oda reverse engineered the whole show like how something from episode 12 will tie into episode 434 like how did he think so far ahead.

Only three people know the true ending. Oda, his editor, and a child who had a make a wish foundation and was told the ending before he died.

Ennis Lobby and the CP9 fight is where things really got to a lit point of no return IF you weren't already hooked by the Skypeia arc imo but really its hard not to be down for the journey right around the Baratie arc.

Dude, I was the same exact way. I couldn't justify the art/animation and the story just seemed kiddish. At the time I was already into Naruto so I always thought that you had to just be into at least one of the big 3. Naruto was my favorite and made me get into anime.

But when I finally gave OP the chance it deserved starting fro episode 1 when everyone was already 900+ boy did I make the turn. This show is not for kids whatsoever. The themes, the story, the plot are all for adults. The concept of hero would be confusing since the main character is a pirate. Is he a good guy or is he a bad guy. The loyalty of Zoro is something I still can't fathom.

It was a slow start, I was really stuck at thriller bark for a long time. But after I got passed it, the story just keeps getting better and better. I just know I want to be there when the journey finally ends. I want to know what happens. It's like oda reverse engineered the whole show like how something from episode 12 will tie into episode 434 like how did he think so far ahead.

Only three people know the true ending. Oda, his editor, and a child who had a make a wish foundation and was told the ending before he died.

I don't think the make a wish kid was real, but Oda does tell all his editors the ending. The editors rotate so he's had a few, lately he's been getting a lot of the younger less experienced editors. When they start he has a meeting with them to take them through the world, rules, and the ending.

If Baratie or Arlong park don't hook people it's probably not for me I'd say, but by then it should be clear it's not a standard kids show, he claims he writes from the perspective of what he thinks would be cool if he was a kid, but I think the series has grown with it's audience over time. I like the moral gray area it works in.

I think from Saoboady thru Marineford is a perfect or near perfect run. Fishmen island had a great theme, but suffered from being overhyped due to all the in story talk. Oda seems to be finding his groove in the new world the past few arcs. Hoping he has another near perfect run in him as he sprints toward the end.

I can understand Oda saying he writes what he would like as a kid.

Roughly from 8 to 12 I was reading and watching certain things with subject matter geared to an older audience.

Jujutsu taisen was a weak 1st episode. Aside from that it really does feel like Bleach mixed with ushio & Tora

Did not think food wars would be for me, but this shh pretty entertaining
again........... They all come around lol

Ennis Lobby and the CP9 fight is where things really got to a lit point of no return IF you weren't already hooked by the Skypeia arc imo but really its hard not to be down for the journey right around the Baratie arc.
This,
as Leb said Arlong Park is where its like "ok I'll stick with the show/manga" this could be good.
By Skypeia is where its like Im hooked can't do no wrong.
by Water 7 / Enies Lobbie "oh ODA the goat"

Marineford "Greatest story ever told"

DBC4E92E-D5F3-434B-BD49-0E79BE20CE8B.png

Kingdom :pimp:

Anyone watch the 1st episode of Noblesse? if so how was it? I've been re-reading the series. The first season the manwha is long so I feel it will get the same complaints as ToG and GoH of feeling rushed. This one is even harder because the main character barely talks.

Back
Top Bottom