The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

My new haul.
1BBA653B-EFE8-4C84-9B69-6AA2CA5DAE4F.jpeg

74DF2E7C-CF19-4E7B-8629-D87059FA341A.jpeg

This current arc is just so much better than the rest of the series.
It's clear a lot of thought is going into the story and the fights right now.

Storywise it's average to me but I do like the characters. The animation, art style and sound design take it to a whole new level. Watching the new episode every week was like watching a beautiful painting unfold every time. I've read ahead a bit in the manga and it definitely strongly improves.
Yeah I actually found the opposite - the story isn't necessarily generic, but I didn't find it very compelling later on. We still know so little about these characters and the wider world. Everything kinda feels a bit hollow. Plus the pacing accelerates pretty rapidly in a way that comes to a "satisfying" end, but not one that I've ever thought about after I finished the read. Overall, it ended up as a mid-tier manga for me - something I don't regret reading, but wouldn't read again.

Jujutsu Kaisen has been so good lately it feels like I'm reading hiatus x hiatus
These are big words, my friend. I'm really vibing with the anime though, more so than I thought I would. I actually want to start reading the manga, but figured I'll start after S1 of the anime finishes up. From what I've seen so far (and heard from manga readers), JJK seems to take the best of what shounen has to offer and package it into a compelling story, so I'm excited to watch/read more.

That said, right now nothing in WSJ is touching Chainsaw Man to me. Tatsuki Fujimoto is really operating on a different level of storytelling in this medium. I think there's a compelling argument for this being one of the first real post-modern shounen stories.

EDIT: For those of yall not in the know on Chainsaw Man, here's a trailer for the 9th volume (but really works as a trailer for the whole series)

Last edited:
The Endeavor son/Dabi thing seems totally out of nowhere in the middle of this fight with Shigaraki and the giant against the heroes.

There was no buildup to this man.

Seems like a total distraction :lol: Especially after what they were just building on with Shigaraki dealing with All for One in his head and Deku surpassing limits again and dealing with Shigi's grandma in his head.

Last edited:
The Endeavor son/Dabi thing seems totally out of nowhere in the middle of this fight with Shigaraki and the giant against the heroes.

There was no buildup to this man.

Seems like a total distraction :lol: Especially after what they were just building on with Shigaraki dealing with All for One in his head and Deku surpassing limits again and dealing with Shigi's grandma in his head.
It's one of those things that was said in the fandom that I didn't want to happen and its happening...

It's one of those things that was said in the fandom that I didn't want to happen and its happening...
I don't mind it much cuz I never cared about it. I think I assumed the eldest brother was dead.

I also didn't care even more cuz Endeavor is a terrible father and person. Probably should have more children turned villain. A talk about wanting to change and even meaning it doesn't change what he's done.

My main thing is this is an ill advised time to reveal this. In the middle of the final fight where this guy his a henchmen supporter and the person he is targetting is basically support as well. I thought I missed an entire chap when this one opened with Dabi on tv :lol:

Last edited:
I don't mind it much cuz I never cared about it. I think I assumed the eldest brother was dead.

I also didn't care 3ven more cuz Endeavor is a terrible father and person. Probably should have more children turned villain. A talk about wanting to change and even meaning doesn't change what he's done.

My main thing is this is an ill advised time to reveal this. In the middle of the final fight where this guy his a henchmen supporter and the person he is targetting is basically support as well. I thought I missed an entire chap when this one opened with Dabi on tv :lol:

Honestly reminds me of the Tobi = Obito reveal - super foreshadowed and not surprising in the least. Agree the timing is super weird though.

I feel like a lot of people are sleeping on Akudama Drive, which is currently airing. 6th episode just came out.

Highly recommend giving it a try.

Definitely a dope anime so far, been watching it since it came out on Hulu.
Good to see another following Adudama Drive here.
Did you also notice how the eyes of those 2 ‘kids’ the akudamas found in the vault happen to look virtually identical to Swindler’s eyes? Could be nothing, maybe it’s just the artstyle but I think there’s something more to it.

Good to see another following Adudama Drive here.
Did you also notice how the eyes of those 2 ‘kids’ the akudamas found in the vault happen to look virtually identical to Swindler’s eyes? Could be nothing, maybe it’s just the artstyle but I think there’s something more to it.

hmm i didnt look into it that deep, figured it was just the art style.

Back
Top Bottom