The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Whelp.. all I know is if some shh happens to by dude bojji

i don’t know where we going.. but we going

kage too

1645345917962.gif
Bojji that dude

Feel like Edens zero just started. Also didn't know Boruto was halfway finished, wonder what happens next he going to have a kid too?

I think Jump in general is realizing that shorter, faster paced series are catching the younger audiences attention, allows them to buy full sets of volumes once a series ends, and allows for animes and mangas that are more accessible to casual fans. Also gives new creators and existing creators more at bats to create hits.

One Piece has been "struggling" (still performing well, but not as well as it has historically) in the New World arcs because fans feel it's too long and inaccessible and so the anime has been trying to include more reminders of plotlines and catch up for young audiences and casual fans which annoys the hardcore fans. Lotta balancing and things go into these long series that make it unwieldy. The pacing sucks, but filler arcs lose viewers and break means they lose their coveted time slot. These longer series are just harder for Shueisha to manage and the consumption habits of younger audiences I'm sure has changed.

I think Jump in general is realizing that shorter, faster paced series are catching the younger audiences attention, allows them to buy full sets of volumes once a series ends, and allows for animes and mangas that are more accessible to casual fans. Also gives new creators and existing creators more at bats to create hits.

One Piece has been "struggling" (still performing well, but not as well as it has historically) in the New World arcs because fans feel it's too long and inaccessible and so the anime has been trying to include more reminders of plotlines and catch up for young audiences and casual fans which annoys the hardcore fans. Lotta balancing and things go into these long series that make it unwieldy. The pacing sucks, but filler arcs lose viewers and break means they lose their coveted time slot. These longer series are just harder for Shueisha to manage and the consumption habits of younger audiences I'm sure has changed.
I agree with all this. I’ve actually been struggling with OP recently because I’m jus waiting for it to end so we can move onto the next arc.

Don’t get me wrong Wano has been great but we like 4 yrs into this arc it’s bout time to reach the climax and move onto the next.

Yeah Wano is longer than Dressrosa, but still more interesting and better paced in my opinion. Yet still in almost every new world arc outside of Zou, I'm just like I wish Oda's editors would reign him in more and edit the story more to streamline it. But also I get it's hard when he is who he is and being a weekly series with a weekly deadline, it's not a luxury they may have. But definitely a real issue of the series for a long time now.

I like these new shorter stories, cause while you can see potential for more at times and they may benefit from some added length and depth, but usually are much more focused and probably get outlined fully in advance. I also used to wait for a series to hit 50 chapters before even checking for it. Now I don't have. to do that either.

Yeah Wano is longer than Dressrosa, but still more interesting and better paced in my opinion. Yet still in almost every new world arc outside of Zou, I'm just like I wish Oda's editors would reign him in more and edit the story more to streamline it. But also I get it's hard when he is who he is and being a weekly series with a weekly deadline, it's not a luxury they may have. But definitely a real issue of the series for a long time now.

I like these new shorter stories, cause while you can see potential for more at times and they may benefit from some added length and depth, but usually are much more focused and probably get outlined fully in advance. I also used to wait for a series to hit 50 chapters before even checking for it. Now I don't have. to do that either.
I hear ya, I’m jus a sucker for the many mysteries surrounding OP. Like the Void Century, The Will of D, What has Blackbeard been up to, what is he, what has Shanks been up to, The Gorosei, devil fruits, and jus what the heck is the One Piece.

I jus feel like there is still so much story that needs be addressed and answered. Don’t get me wrong I like the ride but I jus get impatient and I’m not gettin any younger. I don’t want to be 50 and OP is still goin lol

Feel like Edens zero just started. Also didn't know Boruto was halfway finished, wonder what happens next he going to have a kid too?
Hope not.

Off jump, as far as spinoffs Kishi should've focused on the samurai. Instead he did that completely unrelated samurai manga.

Not too mention, they could put more effort into each anime episode which results in better animation.

Back
Top Bottom