The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

now looking back.. who do yall think was actually the strongest character during Marineford in OP?

@danger style :nerd:

my vote goes to Mihawk
I'm gonna say Shanks. He stopped an emperor from showing up, then showed up himself, told everyone to stop and go home (which they did), then proceeded to walk off with the bodies of WB and Ace to give them a proper burial. Aint nobody do it like he do it. I feel like if it was anybody else in his position, the incident would have been a greater tragedy for all involved.

I'm gonna say Shanks. He stopped an emperor from showing up, then showed up himself, told everyone to stop and go home (which they did), then proceeded to walk off with the bodies of WB and Ace to give them a proper burial. Aint nobody do it like he do it. I feel like if it was anybody else in his position, the incident would have been a greater tragedy for all involved.

this is only bc mihawk allowed shanks, the rat king, to do all dat

Shanks lame for not letting Kaido show up.

**** would've been WILD. Way more than 2 deaths for that war

Finally sat and finished all 148 episodes of Hunter X hunter

probably wasn’t for me

but once the king/meruem showed up is when it got good.. more specifically he started playing gungi with komugi
You didn’t like Phantom Troupe?

October 2023:
16bit Sensation - Another Layer
Dr. Stone New World Part 2
Firefighter Daigo: Rescuer in Orange
Frieren: Beyond Journey's End
Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown
Goblin Slayer II
MF Ghost
Overtake!
Shangri-La Frontier
Shy
Spy x Family S02
Tokyo Revengers S03
Undead Unluck
Under NInja

Good Night World is cool/just okay but pretty depressing when you get in to the themes.

It’s like SAO without a lot of action and duality with the real world element. It’s really just about a ****ed up family, shut-in NEET gamers, and ppl who have given up on normal life/society.

You didn’t like Phantom Troupe?

think this was like the 3rd solid time I tried watching straight threw and I’d always get to the start of the chimera arc or somewhere in the greed island arc

but there were moments throughout, moreso when you got to the phantom troupe arc

I dunnio trying to think about it, the election arc probably was my favorite of them all because you don’t have certain character types overly involved

the election arc made me wish the initial arc(s) were told more from killua and his family’s perspective and not gon being the main protagonist

like the chimera arc was excellent to me when more focused on the king himself and not pouf, especially later on pouf

This is out now.
8 episodes.
Gonna start it tonight

MV5BMjRhNmNjMDktZTc2Yy00ZmQzLTgxYWQtZjgyZjRlMGNiYjZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEzMTI1Mjk3._V1_.jpg

think this was like the 3rd solid time I tried watching straight threw and I’d always get to the start of the chimera arc or somewhere in the greed island arc

but there were moments throughout, moreso when you got to the phantom troupe arc

I dunnio trying to think about it, the election arc probably was my favorite of them all because you don’t have certain character types overly involved

the election arc made me wish the initial arc(s) were told more from killua and his family’s perspective and not gon being the main protagonist

like the chimera arc was excellent to me when more focused on the king himself and not pouf, especially later on pouf
The one with pouf was cringy. The great ones were scene netero/king fight and Gon/pitou fight. The one with Gon was amazing especially the build up and the soundtrack made it awesome.

why is the animation for the new OP episode so bad :rofl:

and they do it when shanks is finally back on screen. Toei must have known he the rat king

The one with pouf was cringy. The great ones were scene netero/king fight and Gon/pitou fight. The one with Gon was amazing especially the build up and the soundtrack made it awesome.

it did certain things extremely well but was too cringy with other stuff

like the stuff with meruem and the girl was great.. or everything with killua’s family

as I said, I wish it was told from killua’s perspective and gon was the side character.. you don’t lose much but gain so much more diving into that world and those characters

it did certain things extremely well but was too cringy with other stuff

like the stuff with meruem and the girl was great.. or everything with killua’s family

as I said, I wish it was told from killua’s perspective and gon was the side character.. you don’t lose much but gain so much more diving into that world and those characters
The only complaint I have is that they could have expanded and told more about Kite's character rather than have some of those chimera ant side characters and fillers. Hell even the phantom troupe who had no business at all being in the chimera arc had more screentime than Kite"s.

The only complaint I have is that they could have expanded and told more about Kite's character rather than have some of those chimera ant side characters and fillers. Hell even the phantom troupe who had no business at all being in the chimera arc had more screentime than Kite"s.

yea they needed more of the backstory given the price gon ended up paying

but gon or ging weren’t that interesting to me

most interesting thing about gon to me was impact he had on killua

yea they needed more of the backstory given the price gon ended up paying

but gon or ging weren’t that interesting to me

most interesting thing about gon to me was impact he had on killua
Inspite of Gon's character and story not being as cool as Killua's , I begin to think that was the point. The protagonist being this happy kid in a world of hunters. I know spreading the love kinda thing may seem corny but for some reason, it worked. I'm saying though atleast they made Gon badass even for a short while is enough to invest on the character.

Inspite of Gon's character and story not being as cool as Killua's , I begin to think that was the point. The protagonist being this happy kid in a world of hunters. I know spreading the love kinda thing may seem corny but for some reason, it worked. I'm saying though atleast they made Gon badass even for a short while is enough to invest on the character.

I liked the contrast between killua and gon.. but I still wish killua was the main story and then we still get everything from gon’s story but more focus on killua and his family

Also wish there was a lot more focus on kurapika and the spiders in the phantom troupe arc

Back
Top Bottom