The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Wasn't even aware of this but the Yu Yu Hakusho live action adaption is premiering next month.

Theirs also another live action adaption film for Saint Seiya that premiered on Netflix yesterday i think. Looks extremely weird, wonder what's next

There was never supposed to be a happy ending for AoT. That's what made it good IMO. The people that were upset wanted the trio to live happily ever after at the end, which wasn't possible with all the things Eren did. If I remember correctly, the author stated early on that the series was not going to have a happy ending. I'm glad they stuck with it.
It not being a happy ending was not the problem. The reaction I saw was it was not a good ending overall.

It not being a happy ending was not the problem. The reaction I saw was it was not a good ending overall.
Reading online about the discourse, and being reminded of some facts and musing on some of the facts from yesterday. Anime can be nihilistic and depressing.

One of the most depressing I saw was Technolyze. This was 3X worse than that.

Although he was an idiot who felt like he had no choice, picking the nuclear option always felt like an overreaction to me. :lol:
It's been a while since I read the manga but as I remember it, he honestly could have let up at several points during his plan.

It's been a while since I read the manga but as I remember it, he honestly could have let up at several points during his plan.
He for sure could've but he stated pretty clearly in the finale fate or not this is what he wanted as well. He wanted to trample the world he wanted to lash out and destroy everything. When he says there was no other choice he didn't mean no other choice to save his friends he meant no other choice to save his friends AND destroy the outside world which he really wanted to do so badly he was willing to jeopardize saving his friends :lol:

I had already read the manga but went to a watch party for the finale last night and one of my homies a super Eren defender was going through it last night :lol:

Started the finale going "don't worry guys its all Ymir's fault he being controlled by her"

dialogue about Ymir chose to side with Erin not the other way around

"he's really doing it to save the island he didn't want to kill all these people there's no other way"

Eren later admits he kinda did it for himself and did want to kill all these people

Whole night was just some of us going
IMG_4811.gif

And my one homie and a couple other still trying to shoot him bail like
IMG_7994.gif

Imma miss attack on titan 10 years what a journey the ride was worth it.

That story makes no sense lol.

To quote Darknight

Eren went out sad.

Japanese people love these insufferable character endings (Neon Genesis Evangelion, AoT, etc).

That story makes no sense lol.

To quote Darknight

Eren went out sad.

Japanese people love these insufferable character endings (Neon Genesis Evangelion, AoT, etc).

I felt that NGE wrapped up pretty well with the last movie. Shinji got a happy ending at least.

Unless you go the happy ending route it's extremely difficult to wrap things up in a satisfying way.

And let's be honest... people are probably more upset that the story has come to an end rather then how it concluded :lol:

Unless you go the happy ending route it's extremely difficult to wrap things up in a satisfying way.

And let's be honest... people are probably more upset that the story has come to an end rather then how it concluded :lol:
Yeah I don’t think that’s true.

You could still have a sad ending or w/e you want to call it and still end things in a satisfying way. This was just the lazy way imo. I don’t know about it being extremely difficult to do either.

And I never rated AoT highly so I know I wasn’t upset that it ended. If anything that’s one thing I’ve noticed with the new anime/manga fans overhype and overrate when they claim it’s the best. They don’t have super long runs and end cuz the creator is ready to move on.

Yeah I don’t think that’s true.

You could still have a sad ending or w/e you want to call it and still end things in a satisfying way. This was just the lazy way imo. I don’t know about it being extremely difficult to do either.

And I never rated AoT highly so I know I wasn’t upset that it ended. If anything that’s one thing I’ve noticed with the new anime/manga fans overhype and overrate when they claim it’s the best. They don’t have super long runs and end cuz the creator is ready to move on.

It's all subjective at the end of the day. That's what makes it difficult. What you deem to be satisfying might suck to the next man and vice versa.

And the length of the run should be dictated by the story. I'd rather a the anime be concise opposed to having to skip through tons of weak *** filler.

The story got 10x more complex when it introduced ymir, the paths and being to access the past/present/future.

He for sure could've but he stated pretty clearly in the finale fate or not this is what he wanted as well. He wanted to trample the world he wanted to lash out and destroy everything. When he says there was no other choice he didn't mean no other choice to save his friends he meant no other choice to save his friends AND destroy the outside world which he really wanted to do so badly he was willing to jeopardize saving his friends :lol:

I had already read the manga but went to a watch party for the finale last night and one of my homies a super Eren defender was going through it last night :lol:

Started the finale going "don't worry guys its all Ymir's fault he being controlled by her"

dialogue about Ymir chose to side with Erin not the other way around

"he's really doing it to save the island he didn't want to kill all these people there's no other way"

Eren later admits he kinda did it for himself and did want to kill all these people

Whole night was just some of us going
IMG_4811.gif

And my one homie and a couple other still trying to shoot him bail like
IMG_7994.gif

Imma miss attack on titan 10 years what a journey the ride was worth it.

Wow 10 years, **** put stuff in perspective, they took their time lol AOT still to 3 for me, ending and all.

ill catch that aot final season part 4 act 7 **** sometime this week

They milked it out too long imo. Ended up reading the manga like 3 years ago

Gotta catch up on JJK, Spy Family and Dr Stone. Think im like 3 weeks behind again smh

Back
Top Bottom