*****The Official "Anything About Money" Thread***

Quote:
what's the difference between a CD account and a savings account? I looked up the CD stuff on ING and it looks like it's timed or something but i dunno what any of that stuff means
*** Spread MTA Love Its The Brooklyn Way ***
Nostrand Ave-President St-Winthrop St-Church Ave-Beverly Rd-Newkirk Ave-Prospect Pk-Parkside Ave-Ave H-Ave J-Ave M-Kings Highway-Eastern Pkwy-Park Place-Utica Ave-Sutter Ave-Saratoga Ave-Rockaway Ave-Junius St-Hoyt St-Nevins St-Lafayette Ave-Prospect Pk-Fort Hamilton-Bergen St-Franklin Ave-Fulton St-Ralph Ave-Broadway Junction-Atlantic Ave-Flushing Ave-Bedford Ave-Marcy Ave-Chauncey St-Lorimer St-Hewes St​

I heard visa wont be doing Mastercard numbers because everyone expects it too be that good and it'll be a flop. What brokerages does anyone use and what IRA does anyone have???
Pimpin aint easy but it aint hard neitha
TEAM STRONG ISLANDFROM NASSAU TO SUFFOLK WE STYLIN ON YOU
AIM=JCASHDAKID

I don't know how to give it to you "economically".....but Ill try.

Basically its a "Certificate of Deposit", in other worse, a restricted savings account.

The bank needs money to fund their reserves, give loans, etc. This is a way of them doing so by not borrowing from the Fed because that would effect the circulation of money and interest rates a whole.

Therefore, the bank will offer you (example- 4.5%) 4.5% to keep your money (usually $1,000 mins) for X amount of time.
You may withdrawal early, but you will be hit with a penalty.

You can set one up online and then you'll mail a check and sign some papers.
I forget the website now (of course!) but I found one of the higher offered rates through it and it was Millennium Bank in VA.

ICE Blue X's on ebay RIGHT now!

anything about money... :rolleyes
eyes.gif

oh here, when girls ask me for money these days, i now tell them a heartwrenching story that i'm saving to buy a new left lung because the right one is beginning to give out... works like a charm. :pimp:
pimp.gif
He's not me, he's the person they made me.​

:smh:
smh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif

not funny
I like you. You remind me of myself when I was young and stupid.
Want a guaranteed 20% on your money? PM me -1k minimum-
Money is like a second language to me​

i need some tips for school... i want to go to collage, and i want to do something that has to do with money... Business, Finance? and make good money..... and tips for me?

If you get into a good B-school and major in finance you can get a job at an investment bank making 100k your first year there and a few million 5-7 years in. That is of course at a huge Ibank like Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, etc., you'd make less at a regional or boutique investment bank.

I went to my bank today and i have a meeting with the finincial officer guy on june 4th. I dont know i plan on doing either stocks or mutual funds. I am kind of looking for long term investment but not to long. Any idea on what i should do

does anyone here practice and try stuff out on simulated exchanges? what do you guys use? currently, i'm looking at the futures market and i do simulated trades through a program created by my old professor. i'm still poor and i'm in no way capable of handling other people's money. but i think in about 5-6 years, if i can consistently meet the returns i want and figure out my own investment philosophy, i should be opening my own partnership/hedge fund. so i'll let you guys know when that happens. lol.

Great post...thanks to the Mods for looking out on this one..I went thru page one to 5..a lot of good stuff.
I juss opened ING account and I feel really good...got that 401K to going already so nothing to worry abt...
Juss to add to all the good stuff...

If you have a job and your company offers 401K...pls take advantage of it and open one.
Most companies do match by some percentage but mine matches 100% with a requirement. You don't have anything to loose.
T E A M 8 1 8
TEAM FOUNDER​
ebay : highseller07

Quote:
If you get into a good B-school and major in finance you can get a job at an investment bank making 100k your first year there and a few million 5-7 years in. That is of course at a huge Ibank like Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, etc., you'd make less at a regional or boutique investment bank.
...TEAM RAPTORS !
Dread the RED!!!

This might be a stupid question but- Can someone tell me what major do you take in college if you're looking to become ''head'' of a company?

Quote:
bohrdom

IMHO forex is crap, but thats just my opinion.

Quote:
ya....BUT....the lifestyle of an IB is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS

for the first 6-8 years you're working 12-15 hours a day

After that its all a piece of cake, since you should be in the position to hand off all your work since you have seniority ......

Quote:
This might be a stupid question but- Can someone tell me what major do you take in college if you're looking to become ''head'' of a company?
:lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
ing your own company.

If you want to be the "head" head, meaning the Chairman and CEO you'll be lucky to achieve that before you turn 50 or 60.....

I would break down to you how vigorous the requirements are to become someone in that position climbing the corp ladder but theres really no point....

Awesome therad. My question

I was in a pretty bad car crash about a year ago, anyway my mother is sueing the guy that was driving for what he did, and it looks like I should have at least 18 grand to my name when I turn 18 which is awesome. I know 18K is not a whole lot, but I'm really thinking taking a portion of it and investing, I'm just really not super understanding of the stock market, I know how it works, shares, etc. but I'm really looking for a way to multiple a large sum of possible 10k into a profit of some sort, any advice??
kidwithnikes.blog.com

I have a question. By the end of the summer I'm gonna have about 3.5K but I'm 17. Can I buy stock at 17?
and that's real.

How could hip-hop be dead if Wu-Tang is forever? - RZA

after reading this thread.. i decided to pay my credit off in full. it was $1200~, my savings had $2000.

i just feel great.

now time to save.......again. :wow:
embarassed.gif
:wow:
embarassed.gif
i don't even know what a signature looks like.​

Okay, I have a question for those who were talking about majoring in finance. I got a full scholarship to attend the University of Rhode Island next year, and was planning on majoring in Civil Engineering, but since I discovered that I hate Calculus since it isn't real math in my opinion, I decided to dp something along the lines of accoutning or finance, since i'm good at math and enjoy doing it. My question is, between accounting and finance, what has the more potential in making money, and what are my chances of getting a job at a really good investment bank coming out of URI if I work hard?

~HOLDEN~​

If you work hard you can work wherever you want to. But keep in mind if you want to work at one of the top IB's, there are thousands of other people working hard at more well renowned schools. You have to seperate yourself from the pact. Whether that be extra-curicular activities, hawking them for an internship, make sure you're working not only harder but smarter.
Anyone that says money didn't change them, just hasn't made enough.
Team AM FAM
www.jumpmansneakers.com

Back
Top Bottom