The Official COD:MW2 Thread vol. X-hours left!

Originally Posted by LALAKERFAN213

Originally Posted by Battousai701

is there a list of which gamestop are doing the midnight release?

i pre-ordered at GS

bestbuy around my way is mos def doing a midnight release so that would be my next choice
http://www.gamestop.com/g.../MW2MidnightOpenings.pdf
thanks

im good to go!
pimp.gif

Got my copy finally in queens.Dudes lined up at a mom and pop store like it's midnight launch. Now the question is if I should put the game in my 360 andplay. I know people been playing online but I heard IW is planning to RIP the consoles of people playing early retail copies

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

RustyShackleford wrote:

air max 87 wrote:

console > PC gamin..... thats why....

and no im not tryin to start a debate, just my opinion...... im sure they make $$$$$$$ of consoles rather than PC.....

the only PC games i play are the PC exclusive ones, Warcraft
pimp.gif
so it makes sense for IW not to care
laugh.gif
IW will make more money of off each copy of the PC version of MW2 sold rather than each copy sold on a console. IW is straight ripping off the PC gamers, plain and simple. In fact if no one of the PC boycotts the game the PC might be the second most portable platform behind the Xbox 360.

You think 360 will sell more than PC (if there is no boycott, like you said)? I always thought PC was waaay ahead of consoles when it came to moving software.

This isn't the 90s. Hell, this is barely the 00s. Consoles have been running things throughout the game industry for a while. A couple of weeks ago someone posted the sales charts (pre-orders) of MW2 from amazon. MW2 sales were about 60% for the 360, 30% for the PS3 and 10% for the PC. And I don't even know if they counted the hardened and prestige editions in this, which the PC version won't have.
Amazon number prove nothing, they don't include Steam which will most likely be the source of most PC sales.

You mad?

indifferent.gif
For what? You quoted a whole exchange that did notinclude you, and did not even involve people arguing, just to post "you mad"
smh.gif
. Next time just log off

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

Got my copy finally in queens.Dudes lined up at a mom and pop store like it's midnight launch. Now the question is if I should put the game in my 360 and play. I know people been playing online but I heard IW is planning to RIP the consoles of people playing early retail copies

you heard wrong. That would be the dumbest move ever

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Originally Posted by Wooly Willy

has anyone been to the gamestop midnight releases? how do they work? dude at GS told me that they're gonna start giving sale receipts at 7pm so would i have to wait 3 hours if i get there at 7?
nerd.gif

my first time getting a game at midnight
grin.gif
not sure if its for every GS, but what i remember is they have a line, when midnight hits ....they have two table setup (table #1) for paid customer to pick up the game (table #2) for people who didnt pay for the game yet ...
thanks for the info. i guess i'll be making my appearance around 10:30 - 11 then. i don't wanna be waiting for 5 hours talking aboutshooters with nerds
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

I watch the videos and try to learn the maps. i know im not the only one doing that
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

i already know rust and high rise like the back of my hand just from watching videos
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

heads up NYC people, just picked up my copy from downtown BK, im pretty sure it was the spot gully was talkin about
its near fulton mall, right across from the mcdonalds on Nevins St

Question:

If I preorder it now, but don't buy it at the midnight release, I'm still covered to buy the game the next day right? I'm going to get it Tuesday,not Monday night because I have sleeping to do, and spending Wednesday to play the game (Veteran's Day).

Also, do these games normally sell out for the entire week if I don't preorder? Like when GoW 2 and CoD 5 came out, I never got it that same day, but thistime I'm getting it a day after release, so I have no idea how hard these games go.

I wasn't sure about the queens spot so I just hit up a sure fire spot. Video Games Newyork on east 6th street. had it

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Question:

If I preorder it now, but don't buy it at the midnight release, I'm still covered to buy the game the next day right? I'm going to get it Tuesday, not Monday night because I have sleeping to do, and spending Wednesday to play the game (Veteran's Day).

Also, do these games normally sell out for the entire week if I don't preorder? Like when GoW 2 and CoD 5 came out, I never got it that same day, but this time I'm getting it a day after release, so I have no idea how hard these games go.
I also want to know. I want to take advantage of the trade in 2 get it for 20 bucks deal but lately I can't even stay up until 12
laugh.gif
. Waking up at 5am has me drained by like 8-9pm.

Back
Top Bottom