The Official College Thread Vol. Best College Thread Ever!!!!!

UC Berkeley 2015
pimp.gif
LEGO!!!!

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

Originally Posted by HighHeat05

I attend Ohio State on a full-academic scholarship.
-Whatever classes you take, do not feel intimidated. Here, a majority chemistry classes are made out to be more difficult than they need to be so most students will become flustered and switch majors. If you receive a bad grade, just sit back and realize it's not the end of the world.
-Some say do what you love, but the truth is doing what "I" love would not put food on the table and pay bills. I'm a biology major with aspirations of attending medical school, yet the possiblity of nurse anesthesia is growing more and more likely.
-You will meet plenty of girls your freshman year if you are down-to-earth and generally fun to be around. Get a few older hookups that will provide you with admission/invites to parties, your heard of freshman girls will follow you to each and every one. During this year, I decided to join a fraternity and the major upside along with community service, networking, and friendship has to be sorority girls. There is just nothing like a tan and rich trust fund baby.
-Get on a solid routine. Meet a cat who knows a lot about fitness/nutrition, go to the gym with him and take notes on what he has to say. Looking good and feeling better will pay off.
-I'm a firm believer in the work hard/play hard mentality. During the day it's all about drilling in the library, office hours, gym, and getting solid meals in, but having fun at night relieves a ton of stress and helps me stay relaxed throughout the week.
-Don't be the kid who gets wrapped up in playing too many video games throughout the course of your day. The potential of college being the time of your life is in your hands, so spend your time wisely. Try to stay away from getting a girlfriend if you are an underclassman unless you know she's the one. Believe me, dimes are abundant at any large school (especially down south), and you never know when different opporunities may arise.
-Try to be kind to everyone. That insanely smart yet weird kid down the hall can come in handy during finals time. That's all I have for now. I've been reading NT for awhile now but have yet to post. Most of advice was gathered through trial and error. Have fun.
1) Any teachers you had a bad experience with that I should avoid scheduling? I will be a biology major @ OSU too.
2) How's that RPAC? Went on a tour like two years ago, but haven't bothered checking it out since.
3) Do you like being in a fraternity? Any benefits besides access to more women? Heard Greek life wasn't that great at OSU. Wasn't planning on joining but was interested on your insight.
4) Cheapest food to eat near North Campus? Gonna be living in a Scholars dorm there.
RPAC is 
pimp.gif
, and if you're living on campus, I'm sure you won't have to worry about prices because you'll have swipes. Burritos Noches ftw. There's some places to eat near there such as Buffalo Wild Wings and Jimmy Johns etc.

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

Originally Posted by HighHeat05

I attend Ohio State on a full-academic scholarship.
-Whatever classes you take, do not feel intimidated. Here, a majority chemistry classes are made out to be more difficult than they need to be so most students will become flustered and switch majors. If you receive a bad grade, just sit back and realize it's not the end of the world.
-Some say do what you love, but the truth is doing what "I" love would not put food on the table and pay bills. I'm a biology major with aspirations of attending medical school, yet the possiblity of nurse anesthesia is growing more and more likely.
-You will meet plenty of girls your freshman year if you are down-to-earth and generally fun to be around. Get a few older hookups that will provide you with admission/invites to parties, your heard of freshman girls will follow you to each and every one. During this year, I decided to join a fraternity and the major upside along with community service, networking, and friendship has to be sorority girls. There is just nothing like a tan and rich trust fund baby.
-Get on a solid routine. Meet a cat who knows a lot about fitness/nutrition, go to the gym with him and take notes on what he has to say. Looking good and feeling better will pay off.
-I'm a firm believer in the work hard/play hard mentality. During the day it's all about drilling in the library, office hours, gym, and getting solid meals in, but having fun at night relieves a ton of stress and helps me stay relaxed throughout the week.
-Don't be the kid who gets wrapped up in playing too many video games throughout the course of your day. The potential of college being the time of your life is in your hands, so spend your time wisely. Try to stay away from getting a girlfriend if you are an underclassman unless you know she's the one. Believe me, dimes are abundant at any large school (especially down south), and you never know when different opporunities may arise.
-Try to be kind to everyone. That insanely smart yet weird kid down the hall can come in handy during finals time. That's all I have for now. I've been reading NT for awhile now but have yet to post. Most of advice was gathered through trial and error. Have fun.
1) Any teachers you had a bad experience with that I should avoid scheduling? I will be a biology major @ OSU too.
2) How's that RPAC? Went on a tour like two years ago, but haven't bothered checking it out since.
3) Do you like being in a fraternity? Any benefits besides access to more women? Heard Greek life wasn't that great at OSU. Wasn't planning on joining but was interested on your insight.
4) Cheapest food to eat near North Campus? Gonna be living in a Scholars dorm there.
RPAC is 
pimp.gif
, and if you're living on campus, I'm sure you won't have to worry about prices because you'll have swipes. Burritos Noches ftw. There's some places to eat near there such as Buffalo Wild Wings and Jimmy Johns etc.

If you have the money and your school has decent greek life, rush a well-respected fraternity. Some say you are "paying for your friends", but in realization you'll fall into brotherhood with extensive networking opportunities. I by no means came from old money, but rubbing shoulders with prominent alumni has landed me the internship of my life at a Fortune 500 company with job offers upon graduation, and not tomention sorority girls are the baddest on campus. Use every bit of your time to better yourself and don't be part of the dorm group who stays in every weekend to kill half-racks of Natty Ice and play Madden. You are at a great place and really starting to explore yourself. Don't be afraid to take risks as you're young and can still recover from your mistakes, just be sensible.

If you have the money and your school has decent greek life, rush a well-respected fraternity. Some say you are "paying for your friends", but in realization you'll fall into brotherhood with extensive networking opportunities. I by no means came from old money, but rubbing shoulders with prominent alumni has landed me the internship of my life at a Fortune 500 company with job offers upon graduation, and not tomention sorority girls are the baddest on campus. Use every bit of your time to better yourself and don't be part of the dorm group who stays in every weekend to kill half-racks of Natty Ice and play Madden. You are at a great place and really starting to explore yourself. Don't be afraid to take risks as you're young and can still recover from your mistakes, just be sensible.

got my BA in my first 3 years...now I'm going to spend my 4th year getting involved around campus...I need more experience for my resume.
pimp.gif

got my BA in my first 3 years...now I'm going to spend my 4th year getting involved around campus...I need more experience for my resume.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Billionaire Swag

I'll be a junior in HS this year so I look forward to this thread.

I can't wait for college but I also need be prepared in every aspect.

Educationally, financially, mentally, physically....
laugh.gif

But seriously, I just can't wait.

Also, I don't see myself staying in state.

Hopefully I can get into UCLA or USC.
Just finished my junior year....depending on what classes you take it'll be the most stressful year of your life thus far
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Billionaire Swag

I'll be a junior in HS this year so I look forward to this thread.

I can't wait for college but I also need be prepared in every aspect.

Educationally, financially, mentally, physically....
laugh.gif

But seriously, I just can't wait.

Also, I don't see myself staying in state.

Hopefully I can get into UCLA or USC.
Just finished my junior year....depending on what classes you take it'll be the most stressful year of your life thus far
laugh.gif

FSU c/o 2013 checkin in. Going up next week. Didn't know there were more tally heads on here..wats good!
Party scene is definitely different to miami, still a lot of fun though. Going out is a lot more affordable and slacker to get in at most places. Like someone else said be sociable, meet people. You never know when you'll bump into someone or get hooked up. 

Don't forget why you're up there though. If cant get by in school because you keep going out it will catch up to you. Just make sure you have your priorities down because I've seen so many people have to go back home because they just couldn't keep their grades straight.

FSU c/o 2013 checkin in. Going up next week. Didn't know there were more tally heads on here..wats good!
Party scene is definitely different to miami, still a lot of fun though. Going out is a lot more affordable and slacker to get in at most places. Like someone else said be sociable, meet people. You never know when you'll bump into someone or get hooked up. 

Don't forget why you're up there though. If cant get by in school because you keep going out it will catch up to you. Just make sure you have your priorities down because I've seen so many people have to go back home because they just couldn't keep their grades straight.

I got his last year from the other college thread.

College List

Spoiler [+]
Okay. Here is my Master List for College. Please leave comments if you want to see things added, like explanations or whatever.

So a bunch of you are now going off to college in the fall. What will you pack? How will you survive your first semester? The following is general stuff that I hope you will find helpful. There are two sections: What to Bring and College Advice.

What to Bring

(In this section: Clothing, For the Bathroom//Hygiene, Cleaning Supplies, Electronics, For Your Desk//School Supplies, Storage, First Aid Kit, Toolbox, Food Items and Such, Craft Items, Miscellaneous, Items to Pick up in the Campus Vicinity, Items NOT to Bring)

Clothing
We’re all from New England, we all know how to deal with the weather (for those of you who don’t: layer). However, there are some clothing issues you might not be aware of:

1. Underwear. Bring enough to last you for at least two weeks.
2. Ditto with socks; if you’re going to a cold climate, bring a few pairs of wool socks.
3. Slippers, even if you don’t wear them at home, are really nice to have at college.
4. Umbrella.
5. Bathrobe, for those 4am fire alarms. (Note, though, that actually getting dressed is a better idea, and that the bathrobe serves other purposes.)
6. Long-sleeved t-shirts are great and useful in layering.
7. Clothes to work out in, because you might go to the gym.
8. Figure out what you need to bring clothes-wise, for pants, shirts, sweaters, sweatshirts, bras, button-down shirts, ties, belts, shoes (snow boots, hiking boots, sneakers, nice shoes, rain boots, etc.), purses, blazers/sports jackets, shirts to wear to parties, coats and jackets, mittens, scarves, hats, etc.
9. Hangers.
10. Laundry detergent, dryer sheets. (Tip: wash your items on a regular basis. Follow the care instructions. And it’s okay to change your bedding, too! It feels really nice.) Also recommended is two rolls of quarters, in case the card machine in the laundry room gets busted before you go home. Of course, this all depends on how laundry at your school works. You should find out before you arrive on campus.
11. Have at least one nice thing to wear. “You never know if you’re going to end up at a little semi or a Greek event.

Back
Top Bottom