THE OFFICIAL CURREN$Y THREAD!!! Vol. The Jet Lounge

Wish he would've put some hard copies in store. He gave us so much free **** but 100 is a lot to drop at one time. $50 and I would've supported. I'll probably just try to catch him in concert again if he's doing anything.

Wish he would've put some hard copies in store. He gave us so much free **** but 100 is a lot to drop at one time. $50 and I would've supported. I'll probably just try to catch him in concert again if he's doing anything.
and for me.. i still dont know if its coming with WAV's or FLAC's or Apple Lossless versions in the Thumb Drive

He's on tour now. I'm going to the Chicago show on Wednesday

Word. I was ready to cop on iTunes to be real but it's cool. Catching him live at his LA stop so it's all good :nthat:

To each their own. Can't understand why anybody would mess with that culture vulture.

Can't really be a culture vulture if the majority of the music you make is directly influenced by where you were born and raised. A culture vulture would be someone who seemingly has a passing interest in rap/hip hop yet takes full advantage of the success it brings. You could classify Iggy as a culture vulture, since she is carefully crafted for the radio, complete with T.I., Young Dro, Kuntry Kang, B.o.B., Trae, and Mac Boney all writing her rhymes. Culture vulture is also the "swag"/"fleek"/"turnup" of 2015.

Loved the production on the first two Pilot Talk albums, really looking forward to getting this album to listen to it. I hope he used Ski Beatz again 

Just downloaded Covert Coup, Scottie Pippens 
sick.gif

Last edited:
Went to the show last night. Saw two girls get dragged out completely passed out :lol:. TY, LE$, P, and Roddy opened up and they all killed it. Spitta did his thing but he didn't do any songs off PT3. He ran through a bunch of mixtape stuff. DJ did play the intro in the middle of his set and Froze at the end.

Album is cool but PT2 still holds the top spot for me.

Album is cool but PT2 still holds the top spot for me.

Came to terms with this today. Sidewalk show is my **** and riding on the highway to Alert high AF at night is magical...

But the album didn't necessarily live up to the legend.

Opening Credits
Long Lord Says
Cargo Plane sequence is gold.

But Search Party is my favorite song off the album. That beat :smokin

Have you ever heard the OG version of Skybourne with a different beat? If not...
mannnn this is my ****...I found it randomly on my ipod and rocked out for like a week straight

Recently ive been rockin out to bales especially this track

Last edited:
yeah i dont get the criticism of opening credits. i love  those type of beats....

. feeling it..... stuck on froze and opening credits. and sidewalk show....  .

that harry fraud beats goes ...........
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Does he use those two beats he used for intros on Saturday night car tunes and more Saturday night car tunes?

Can't really be a culture vulture if the majority of the music you make is directly influenced by where you were born and raised. A culture vulture would be someone who seemingly has a passing interest in rap/hip hop yet takes full advantage of the success it brings. You could classify Iggy as a culture vulture, since she is carefully crafted for the radio, complete with T.I., Young Dro, Kuntry Kang, B.o.B., Trae, and Mac Boney all writing her rhymes. Culture vulture is also the "swag"/"fleek"/"turnup" of 2015.
Brah I don't know if you know what your talking about. Nobody in H town has bleach blonde cornrows wears neon colored stocking caps and does silly ish for attention. Homie is an actor who puts out pathetic music. His fans have never listened to dope hip hop if they think that ish the Wave. Hate to break it to you little homie that isn't hip hop.

Last edited:
Oh, the old "that's not hip-hop" argument? Oy vey.

When will people realize that not feeling something doesn't equate to it not being hip-hop? I don't understand why that's so hard for some people to grasp.

Just say you don't like it. Because writing something off as not being something it clearly is makes you look dumb.

Acting out an alter ego for fame isn't hip hop it's called theater.

Hes prolly a hilarous and cool dude to hang out with and all that but that music that I've heard from him is just some odd Gimmick you ask me.

And as a huge fan of the almighty Spitta I'm a little let down he would let this dude on a track with him and I actually love the "froze" chorus.

Last edited:
My only problem is there's no real stand out tracks. PT1 had AD2, Roasted, King Kong. PT2 had Airborne Aquarium, Famous, Michael Knight. I mess with every track on PT3 but I feel this could've easily been another mixtape.
you on point!!!!!!!!!

Acting out an alter ego for fame isn't hip hop it's called theater.

Hes prolly a hilarous and cool dude to hang out with and all that but that music that I've heard from him is just some odd Gimmick you ask me.

And as a huge fan of the almighty Spitta I'm a little let down he would let this dude on a track with him and I actually love the "froze" chorus.

Like I said, just say you don't like it. There's no shame in that.

But because you're not feeling it doesn't mean that it isn't hip-hop. And btw, hip-hop IS theater these days (and has been for a long *** time now). I'd wager that a majority of rappers don't live the life they rap about, or at least not to the extent that they portray.

Riff Raff is cool in my book. I'm not big on him and he does come off as "satire" to the culture but spitta put him on the track and he doesn't mess with everybody so that's that.

I feel like PT3 is an amalgamation of different eras of curren$y like he's been workin on the album since '10 but pick and chose songs that didn't make the cut on previous albums and mixtapes and put them on this album. There was a song with Freddie Gibbs I heard him recording that was suppose to be on PT3 but it isn't on here. I mean it's no surprise that curren$y has tons of unreleased music but the songs that made the cut on this album (minus Alert, Sidewalk show and cargo planes as well as a few others) are rather underwhelming considering that this album has been anticipated for 5 years....

Been listening to PT3 for the past few hours and I have to say I'm liking it. Not as good as the first two to me but its still dope :pimp:

Love the live band feel to the Pilot Talk series

My favorite song

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom