THE OFFICIAL CURRY FLOW 9 THREAD. MSRP $160.00.

I’m thinking a new colorway of the 10’s but hard to tell. Quick screenshot from the video:

8719E9B6-257E-4F18-9143-9FE21CE51310.png

JS”
Idk the back looks like the 9 to me. The X is a bit slimmer?

Edit: Could be the X off of the ability to have a patterned upper alone…

I think he’s staying because they’re backing him with “Curry Brand” ie Nike/Jordan brand. I’m sure if they didn’t do that he’d be out already. The x’s look like 9.5s too me. UA really dropped the ball on the 8s and 9s tbh. They didn’t have the supply until it was too late. He’s has MVP seasons the last two seasons and they didn’t capitalize on it. He broke the 3pt records last season and they didn’t capitalize. He won a chip and got his first finals mvp and they didn’t capitalize. Maybe they couldn’t make that many shoes so fast with all the things going on in the world. But you’re telling me they couldn’t crank out some t-shirts that celebrated these achievements?!

preach. I thought they actually did well with the 1s and 2s in terms of promotion and colorways. 7s were garbage with that takedown model vibe. i don't blame them for 8s because warriors didn't make the playoffs. but for 9s they 100% shoulda made some finals colorways. and just like how 1s had the gold banner CW and 2s had gold rings, where is the finals mvp or celebration CW for the 9s? where's our championship pack?

and they kinda ruined the 9s by having him switch to flotro 4s in the finals. this was the chance for the 9s legacy to really be cemented, why would you switch to a retro. i don't really get that. it's like if kobe switched back to kobe 1s, instead of the kobe 5s for the 2010 finals. basically admitting your current product is inferior to your product from 5 years ago.

also kobe and lebron always got commercials broadcasted right after winning the chip, why didn't Steph?

it's really nike's fault for f* up everything. if they had just proofread their presentation, it would have been a W for nike, for Steph, for all of us.

preach. I thought they actually did well with the 1s and 2s in terms of promotion and colorways. 7s were garbage with that takedown model vibe. i don't blame them for 8s because warriors didn't make the playoffs. but for 9s they 100% shoulda made some finals colorways. and just like how 1s had the gold banner CW and 2s had gold rings, where is the finals mvp or celebration CW for the 9s? where's our championship pack?

and they kinda ruined the 9s by having him switch to flotro 4s in the finals. this was the chance for the 9s legacy to really be cemented, why would you switch to a retro. i don't really get that. it's like if kobe switched back to kobe 1s, instead of the kobe 5s for the 2010 finals. basically admitting your current product is inferior to your product from 5 years ago.

also kobe and lebron always got commercials broadcasted right after winning the chip, why didn't Steph?

it's really nike's fault for f* up everything. if they had just proofread their presentation, it would have been a W for nike, for Steph, for all of us.
truth. I really don’t mind curry on UA or any other brand. Keeps Nike and others competitive price wise and keeps them pushing the envelope as far as tech goes.

Steph prob loved the 4s so much that he had them make the flowtros. Honestly such a dope shoe. Wearing them for the first time to ball in tonight in an indoor court. Glad I didn't wait around for the lilacs just to be disappointed with a cancellation.

The glow on these tho… 😍😍

Attachments

• 2E2A863C-4C64-47AB-81E3-87501F359763.jpeg
    2E2A863C-4C64-47AB-81E3-87501F359763.jpeg
    263.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 7963A945-07EF-4E0D-B3C9-9C93EBED1058.jpeg
    7963A945-07EF-4E0D-B3C9-9C93EBED1058.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 8E75BB28-F700-4917-B580-41BEA55F9701.jpeg
    8E75BB28-F700-4917-B580-41BEA55F9701.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 23
Might cop more 9's if some these release... but the paint and insole issue is pretty bad. Insoles get stuck, even when DS and I heat them up. Simply cheapest insole any company can get, a hint of glue is too strong. The paint comes off the midsole from play... I might get top coat so I could have protection from abrasion but I am not sure why the paint falls off. If the paint just does not adhere onto the midsole, applying top coat would be a waste.

1660185486130.png
1660185530858.png
1660185546076.png
1660185579673.png

Examples of UA quality
1660185626554.png
1660185639600.png
1660185663555.png
1660185677178.png

Yup my cookie monsters were chipping bad, then I laid waste to them outside. I've seen plenty of people wearing the 9's with same chipping. I have a bunch of 9's including 2 other light blue cw, so I am just waiting to finish the collection and decide if I want to play in them.

I have Flotro's, thinking of top coating those midsoles too. If they rip, at least I can sew them... and they were cheaper.
1660187136164.png

Last edited:
Gotta break in the flowtro 4s a little more. First two games felt great but then at the end of the gym run I felt it on the lateral side of the mid foot where the leather piece is and had to stop after the third game. Cushion def felt good tho my knees weren't hurting after. The original 4s were def lacking in cushion these are a way better upgrade.

It’s weird he switches shoe models during the finals but that is the precedent they set a while ago. Not sure the reasoning behind that choice, if Steph wins in the prior model fans are still going to be interested in the next shoe model. Maybe it’s another way they cheap out on commercials/promotion? Having him wear the next model on the biggest stage is ‘FREE’, ad time and filming isn’t (even though it’s not like he doesn’t have commercials, but they rarely air imo).

Gotta break in the flowtro 4s a little more. First two games felt great but then at the end of the gym run I felt it on the lateral side of the mid foot where the leather piece is and had to stop after the third game. Cushion def felt good tho my knees weren't hurting after. The original 4s were def lacking in cushion these are a way better upgrade.
Is that where the tear is happening for most people. ——“lateral side of the mid foot where the leather piece is”

From a business standpoint, sure UA “dropped the ball” by not releasing special cws for the Steph’s and the Warrior’s achievements this year. They didn’t capitalize during the win streak towards the end of 2021 or Steph’s historic 3PM record breaking run due to the industry-wide supply/delay issues. HOWEVER, let’s not discount that UA released great products with the Curry 9 and Flotro 4s this year. The design, colorways, wearability of these models have earned and secured them both a spot in my favorite sneakers of 2022.

Although, as a business, Under Armour left A LOT of money on the table with lack of promotion of their premier athlete and arguably the face of the NBA, who had an UNFORGETABLE season, they STILL took A LOT of MY money this year with the Curry 9, Flotro 4s and Retro 1s. Of all the releases in 2022, UA has tallied the most purchases of ANY brand. I was able to purchase all the cws that I wanted. As a fan of Steph’s, his sneaker line and a fan of the Warriors, the Curry 9 and Flotro 4 have certainly earned a big WIN in my book.

In my experience, I’ve noticed when I select Shop Runner as the shipping option, the packages are DOUBLE BOXED. When I forgot to use it the last time, the package was placed in a plastic bag.

On that note, I received the Wolf Flotro 4s double boxed. After the secondary Grey laces are swapped in…

F04E161A-EBEF-4F84-A790-E62C40A6AB05.gif

Of all the released Flotro 4 cws, the Wolves are my favorite…. Until that Pink/Black/Lilac or Lilac/Black cw launches…

870B71C8-E8BA-4523-8C09-6A2AE29C2C35.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom