The Official Fantasy Football Thread

how do you guys feel about having both Hakeem nicks and Mario manningham? I ended up with both in my 10 man league. My other wr's Reggie wayne/Kenny britt/lee Evans/Julio jones

you think it would feasible to play them both at the same time? (I have 2 wr slots and 2 flex spots elgible for wr)

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

how do you guys feel about having both Hakeem nicks and Mario manningham? I ended up with both in my 10 man league. My other wr's Reggie wayne/Kenny britt/lee Evans/Julio jones

you think it would feasible to play them both at the same time? (I have 2 wr slots and 2 flex spots elgible for wr)

Just knowing my luck i would either trade one or play both because the one u dont play is gonna have a big game and then when you switch it will be the other lol

I had both Nicks and Manningham last year, worked out fine for me. Just keep an eye out on Manningham, his production is very streaky/annoyingly inconsistent. Also, remember to consider bye weeks for your other receivers. 

Here's my other 14-team league roster (I had 12th pick.....again lol):

QB - Josh Freeman
WR - Roddy White
WR - Calvin Johnson
RB - Matt Forte
RB - Cedric Benson (just got him today from a trade w/Brandon Marshall; I was hurting at RB)
TE - Jason Witten
W/R - Jahvid Best
D/ST - New England Patriots
K - Garrett Hartley

BN - Danny Woodhead
BN - Robert Meachem
BN - Colt McCoy
BN - Greg Little
BN - Davone Bess
BN - Earl Bennett (picked him off waivers a few days ago)

Thoughts? PPR league btw

Should I trade McNabb for Kolb. I also need to boost my rb. Only got sproles, t.Jones (kc) Arian foster.

Originally Posted by AG 47

14 teams, had the #14th pick. Got to the draft late, got autopicked for the first two choices. I think it's clear who the comp drafted.

QB - Fitzpatrick
RB - F. Jones
RB - K. Moreno
WR - Megatron
WR - Andre Johnson
TE - Aaron Hernandez
R/WR/TE - Cedric Benson
K - Nick Folk
D- The RAIDERS

Bench
Dez Bryant
Nate Burleson (SMH @ drafting the Lions starting WR's...maybe it'll become a strategy play if I face Stafford)
James Starks
James Jones
Jay Cutler
Jermaine Gresham

Thoughts? I'm pretty weak at TE and below average at RB. I've proposed a trade of Dez/Hernandez for Jimmy Graham. I'm thinking I should cancel and pick up Ed Dickson for Gresham.

ohwell.gif

After sleeping on it. I'm not as upset about this team I thought previously. I think this squad is a contender, but some guys will have to come through big, i.e. Felix Jones/Ryan Fitzpatrick

i got #1 pick in 14 team ppr league this weekend
not sure who to take leaning towards rice.
anyone have a reason to choose some1 else?

Peyton Hillis, Matt Forte, and Mark Ingram at flex. How is that Running Back Lineup? Basically will Peyton Hillis preform?

Originally Posted by michael0360

i got #1 pick in 14 team ppr league this weekend
not sure who to take leaning towards rice.
anyone have a reason to choose some1 else?
1) Rice
2) Foster

3) AP

Foster has minor injury concerns and Rice should get more goal line touches with McGahee gone. AP doesn't get the 60+ receptions the other two RBs do.

In a 14 team league you obviously need to hit big on your first overall pick and passing on Foster's potential despite the hamstring concerns could come back to haunt you if he drops to #2 or #3. 

Originally Posted by StreetZDreaM

Peyton Hillis, Matt Forte, and Mark Ingram at flex. How is that Running Back Lineup? Basically will Peyton Hillis preform?
Peyton is still the #1 RB in Cleveland.  Not a bad RB line up

Originally Posted by djkaos23

Should I trade McNabb for Kolb. I also need to boost my rb. Only got sproles, t.Jones (kc) Arian foster.

McNabb will produce, but Kolb easily has the most upside. Who is your other Q?

Hester and Felix Jones for Greg Jennings. I get hester and jones. Good trade?

Yahoo seems to think Hester is going to produce more than Jennings but most of that is return yardage. And I dont know how much teams are going to want to kick to him like that anymore.

I never understood the aversion to having 2 WR's from the same team. If it's a pass-happy offense, it can work really well. It's more of a long term strategy, because you need to stick with it every week, but it's actually a safer gamble.
I played Collie/Garcon before Collie went down last year and I killed with it. All you're doing is increasing your odds of getting the WR that goes off in that pass-happy scheme.

The Saints spread it around a little too much, but the Packers/Colts/Cowboys/Giants/Chargers all have good WR tandems that could work well this year.
V-Jax/Gates could be a sick strategy. Basically a guaranteed 2000+ yds, 15+ TD's and 150+ receptions. Dez/Austin and Nicks/Manningham are both really nice as well.

^ Bye weeks. Also, a lot of success for WR's is contingent upon the Quarterback and the game plan. If you're going through a game where the QB is off then it hurts two of your starters instead of just one. If a teams gameplan is geared towards the run or a certain receiver or TE then you still have that other guy on the same team who won't see as many looks.

I'm more willing to go with a WR/TE combo from the same team than WR/WR. They complement each other more in terms of fantasy.

16 team league 9th pick, loaded up on RB since the format is QB, RB, RB/WR, Flex, WR, TE, K, DEF, overall i'm contempt. I never have put too much stock in the QB position and I find Kolb's upside to be pretty high. If anything, I'll try trading later on. Was heated that M. Austin went before Colston and Welker went right before Lynch.

TEAM LE
9Ray Rice, Bal RB
24Darren McFadden, Oak RB
41Marques Colston, NO WR
56Jermichael Finley, GB TE
73Marshawn Lynch, Sea RB
88Kevin Kolb, Ari QB
105Plaxico Burress, NYJ WR
120Ricky Williams, Bal RB
137Rashad Jennings, Jac RB
152Lions D/ST D/ST
169Jason Campbell, Oak QB
184Steve Breaston, KC WR
201Kendall Hunter, SF RB
216Earl Bennett, Chi WR
233Robbie Gould, Chi K

QBKevin Kolb, Ari QB
Car
Sun 4:15--------
RBRay Rice, Bal RB
Pit
Sun 1:00--------
RB/WRDarren McFadden, Oak RB P
@Den
Mon 10:15--------
FLEXMarshawn Lynch, Sea RB P
@SF
WRMarques Colston, NO WR P
@GB
Thu 8:30--------
TEJermichael Finley, GB TE P
NO
Thu 8:30--------
D/STLions D/ST D/ST
@TB
KRobbie Gould, Chi K
Atl
BENCHWK 1PRESEASON PLAYER RANKINGS
SLOTPLAYER, TEAM POSACTIONOPPSTATUS ETHARRISBERRYKARABELLAVERAGE
BenchPlaxico Burress, NYJ WR
Dal
Sun 8:20--------
BenchRicky Williams, Bal RB
Pit
BenchRashad Jennings, Jac RB Q
Ten
BenchJason Campbell, Oak QB
@Den
Mon 10:15--------
BenchSteve Breaston, KC WR
Buf
BenchKendall Hunter, SF RB
Sea
BenchEarl Bennett, Chi WR
Atl
IR

Originally Posted by ljlukelj

I have 2nd pick, who should I take?

What kind of league is it?
If it's standard then that is a very tough one. I'm not so sure about Ray Rice this year, I don't think he's going to do that great. I suggest going a different route and taking Jamaal Charles. Dude is about to put in work. 

1st draft last night. 10 man 2qb ppr league

Had the 4th pick overall.. was left between rice and charles, took rice. Everyone was scared to gamble on cj and I got him with my 2nd round (honestly shocked). Went big ben next, REALLY wanted Ryan but dude ahead of me took him. I hate drafting early in a 2qb league.

Some questionable picks I had (ocho and benson), but we'll see how they play out. And no, I'm not worried about peyton preforming.

^ Appreciate the feedback, man. That's what I ended up with in a 10-team league. Everyone went QB early so Mendenhall slipped to me 9th overall, then I picked up CJ despite the risk second-round at 12th overall. 
Yura, I wouldn't be surprised if Lance Moore has a breakout season and takes over the starting W/R position over Benson. Especially given Ced's trouble with the law. 

Back
Top Bottom