The Official Fantasy Football Thread

Vick
Miles Austin
Gore
Moreno

My big $$$ team is decimated
30t6p3b.gif
if Vick really misses 3 games, my season is over.

McFadden and Megatron have me dominating my work league, at least.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

Vick
Miles Austin
Gore
Moreno

My big $$$ team is decimated
30t6p3b.gif
if Vick really misses 3 games, my season is over.

McFadden and Megatron have me dominating my work league, at least.
ohwell.gif
frown.gif

I'm with you man

My team just died this week, Britt, Gore, Maclin, and still Romo, Arian Foster

3-0
pimp.gif

Still wish I chose Fred Jackson when i had the chance. Ended up going with Sam Bradford smh. Atleast Rodgers is my starter tho.

I seriously hate fantasy football lol.

every week its something else....1-2 so far....i have MJD, Hightower and Calvin and Gates (fail) in a 16 team PPR.....

Last week i play brady (35.22pts) and vincent jackson (33.47)

This week it was Aaron Rodgers, Ahmad Bradshaw and ravens D (24 points)

Originally Posted by Nickthestick91

Trade:
Chris Johnson for Stevie Johnson (Buf)

Should I pull the trigger or no?
DO IT. You should be put in jail for this highway robbery. The dude giving up CJ should be stoned to death for even considering this trade
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Trade:

DO IT. You should be put in jail for this highway robbery. The dude giving up CJ should be stoned to death for even considering this trade
laugh.gif

I wonder if he's the one giving Chris Johnson though...

i traded Steve Johnson for mendenhall this last week. I really hope this works out. so far he's gotten the better end of the deal :/

Ryan Grant and Mark Ingram available in my 10 team league... Thinking of dropping Deangelo worthless Williams for one of em... Any thoughts NT?

^ I would say Bradshaw or Matthews. Giants have always been a power-running team under Coughlin and I'm inclined to believe both Bradshaw and Jacobs will get more carries with all the injuries they have at the receiver position. I'm personally surprised by Matthews' growth, I always felt the kid didn't work hard enough in the off-season especially with conditioning. That's the reason I stocked up on Tolbert in a bunch of my leagues, but the past few weeks Matthews' role in San Diego's offense has increased significantly even in goal-line situations. Bottom line, I would go Bradshaw in a standard league and Matthews in a PPR.

Doobie, I suggest Ingram long-term. Grant splits time with Starks and he doesn't get very many looks at the goal-line.

I assumed Nick was trading CJ to get Stevie, which in that case I would recommend to hold off on that deal despite Johnson's very slow and frustrating start.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

^ I would say Bradshaw or Matthews. Giants have always been a power-running team under Coughlin and I'm inclined to believe both Bradshaw and Jacobs will get more carries with all the injuries they have at the receiver position. I'm personally surprised by Matthews' growth, I always felt the kid didn't work hard enough in the off-season especially with conditioning. That's the reason I stocked up on Tolbert in a bunch of my leagues, but the past few weeks Matthews' role in San Diego's offense has increased significantly even in goal-line situations. Bottom line, I would go Bradshaw in a standard league and Matthews in a PPR.

Doobie, I suggest Ingram long-term. Grant splits time with Starks and he doesn't get very many looks at the goal-line.

I assumed Nick was trading CJ to get Stevie, which in that case I would recommend to hold off on that deal despite Johnson's very slow and frustrating start.

Well, I would be giving up Nicks for Matthews. Here's my team. Maybe it helps a bit.QB: Shuab, FitzpatrickRB: McCoy, Tate, McGahee, MorenoWR: Roddy, Wallace, Nicks, Jordy, BurlesonTE: Finley, HernandezYou think I can go with 3 Stud WRs and 1 stud RB all year, or go 2 Stud WRs and 2 stud RBs

Is Torrey Smith honestly worth using the #1 waiver on? I saw all 3 tds, they were nice. I know he has speed. I've seen his college highlights. The kid has talent, but the Ravens are playing against the Jets this week so it seems like a waist if i dont even use him for the same week I pick him up.
I've just really wanted to use my waiver on a WR that will be consistent for the year not just a one week wonder. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

True with regards to Grant. And I do see Ingram as a possible breakout star but he is also sharing time with Pierre Thomas/Sproles.  Both the Saints and Packers are pass heavy teams so both Grant and Ingram  probably won't average more than 15 carries per game.  Decisions.. Decisions.. Deangelo is just looking horrid out there. 
I am gonna pick up Ingram cause of the Saints schedule the next few weeks... Jax, Carolina, TB, Ind, Rams...

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Trade:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Yeah, I'm dishing off CJ. It's a PPR league and I have MJD and Beanie Wells as my other RBs anyway. I'm REALLY hurting at WR (Reggie Wayne & Mike Williams are my top 2). I also have Ryan Fitzpatrick so getting Stevie Johnson will be sort of a double whammy. I also picked up Nate Washington last week, so I'm hoping Kenny Britt is out for good.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Yeah, I'm dishing off CJ. It's a PPR league and I have MJD and Beanie Wells as my other RBs anyway. I'm REALLY hurting at WR (Reggie Wayne & Mike Williams are my top 2). I also have Ryan Fitzpatrick so getting Stevie Johnson will be sort of a double whammy. I also picked up Nate Washington last week, so I'm hoping Kenny Britt is out for good.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Well if you are trading away CJ I think you should be able to get a whole lot more than just Steve Johnson straight up 

Is it time to get rid of Tate for whatever you can get for him, or is he gonna be then definite starter even when foster comes back?

Jordan, I usually always prefer two stud RBs/two stud WRs to one stud RB/three stud WRs. Although a lot of top running backs have disappointed early on this season (Arian, CJ, Mendenhall), RBs generally accumulate the most points overall and are the key to winning fantasy leagues even in today's pass-happy NFL. You're honestly stacked at receiver, but I still would hesitate to trade Nicks for Matthews or Bradshaw straight up. I feel like you could potentially get an even better back than those two especially after Nicks' huge breakout year the season that just passed. You have two main options that could work well: 1) Offer something like Nicks for Chris Johnson straight up in hopes the current owner is impatient and in need of a #1 receiver. 2) Package Fitzpatrick with McGahee to get Matthews or Bradshaw and a backup QB.

Licensed, Torrey Smith should have a good season but yesterday's performance was a flash in the pan IMO. I don't think Smith will get an abundance of receptions so that hurts his value in PPR leagues, but his biggest asset is speed and with Flacco's big arm there's potential for some deep-ball TDs to Smith. Perhaps a better, cheaper option is Victor Cruz of the Giants. Last I checked early Sunday he was only owned by 3% of owners in Yahoo leagues. Manningham is battling an injury and the losses of Boss and Steve Smith create a need for someone at the receiver position to step up for New York.

Nick, pass on that deal. Trading CJ for Stevie straight up is impatient. Yes, CJ seems rusty and his start has been maddingly frustrating but Britt's severe injury would suggest Tennessee needs to run the ball even more meaning additional touches for Johnson. Plus CJ catches the ball out of the backfield which Beanie doesnt. It's one week too late but I would have tried picking up Decker or Devery Henderson to help out your WR corps.

Doobie, I don't know what's wrong with DeAngelo after re-signing a long-term deal with Carolina. Rivera hasn't shown much commitment to the run despite starting a rookie QB. Williams has 27 carries in three games? Panthers have pretty much let Cam throw it early and often, something that shocked my Week 1 at Arizona but hey Newton's been more than effective. For fantasy purposes, DeAngelo hasn't been effective, doesn't get many carries, and still splits with Stewart. Mark Ingram's workload should increase as the season goes on and he has the durability to handle it. Sproles' role is mainly pass-catching so he won't take many carries from Ingram. Pierre Thomas ran hard Week 1 at Lambeau but I question his durability and penchant for injuries.

Back
Top Bottom