The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

I feel you but the changes are not minor. The CF is totally different and the collar is extremely high. Add in the sole and that's 3 negative changes with a $50 increase. Not to mention the Posite material itself isn't what it use to be. I had the gold OGs and refuse to give them $50 more for a lesser product. I don't get how Nike continuously gets away with this. Especially from people who owned the OG.

The fake carbon fiber print kills it, the shape looks off, the medial side of the shoe look ******ed.

In my 20's I would be up early on release date to cop these but I see things a lot differently now.

$210 is a decent chunk of money that can go towards much better things.

I had 2 pairs of the OGs that I wore them to death when people were calling them "duckshoes". Even though they're a grail of mine, I have been OK without them for all these years. I'll be ok with having these mis-shapened knockoffs too. If I'm going to spend my money its gonna be on quality product.

The zipperless Flightposites are one of the stupidest and ugliest travesties I have ever seen in all my years of copping kicks and now they're taking the leftover foundation of that crap and passing it off as one of the most unique and futuristic sneakers ever made...Nah.

I'm good.

Nike ain't bamboozling me with this one.

If you don't like the changes why still cop? No self control? I mean really, does Nike have you guys under a spell. They really can't change much more, so in other words whatever they slap FP1 retro on you'll buy lol. The shoes are garbage now and literally look like knockoffs of the OG.

Because the change is very minor.From the lateral view you cant even see it. Its only on the medial. And they are both dope colorways. if they didnt change the sole I feel like everyone would be all over em... Dont get it twisted, i aint buying anything they put out. Those Zebra joints from a few months back with no zipper were horrible. Everyone is always an expert when it comes to pictures saying they look like knockoffs etc... wait till you have it in hand and can feel the foam and compare it to the Og's or at least the previous retros. Gotta try them on as well to see if they have that bounce or feel like Zoom Rookies. Once we know that we can judge em.

The changes are far from minor.

These shoes do look like knockoffs.

The blower for me is that I never had a chance to own carbon fibers or h20's in the past and this is how they choose to bring them back. Why couldn't they give them to us with the last batch of retros when nike was still giving a damb. I swear the metallic silver/photoblue duncan foam maxes were the last good og posite.

Last edited:
So according to Footlocker's release calendar, the carbon Flightposites are coming out 2/22/14.  Sorry if this was mentioned already.  I know RUVILLA released these early on accident, and then they mentioned the 2/22 release date, but nothing else has really been mentioned since.

Odd that it's not on NDC's release calendar, and their reps don't know much about this shoe/release.

My mind is made up on not getting the CF's, but the pearlized upper of those H2O's are calling me. There's no way I'm paying retail, but ONLY if they hit clearance they are mine... :smh:

Last edited:
I owned the originals as well, I will go to the check out the Carbon Fibre Flightposites and if they feel alright, I will get them!

The NY Knicks colorway is too bright for me!

The outsole change I can deal with. But that carbon fiber print, my goodness, it just looks like squares. They don't have that consistent, diagonal weave pattern. Looks like a digi print instead of CF

I was so excited when I heard news about these 2 shoes releasing BEFORE seeing the pics.

The materials on these :smh:

The posite material looks like plastic. I want to, but I wont. Im so dissapointed man. The blues dont even match. Look at the sole, then look at the upper man.

Im so pissed

I'm honestly shocked by that outsole change. If they didn't do the 2007 retro I could maybe see it, like one of those classic "we lost the mold" stories, but since it was done properly so recently, this is a slap in the face to anyone who is a fan of this model.
"We lost the mold" sounds  a lot like my dog ate my homework

Last edited:

I'm honestly shocked by that outsole change. If they didn't do the 2007 retro I could maybe see it, like one of those classic "we lost the mold" stories, but since it was done properly so recently, this is a slap in the face to anyone who is a fan of this model.
"We lost the mold" sounds  a lot like my dog ate my homework

It is obviously BS. Why dudes believe that nonsense is beyond me. If Nike really wanted to recreate a shoe, without the original mold, they could easy do it.

It is about money. Even though a factory is going to bastardize a retro, if they margins look good, Nike will probably be like "ahhhhhh close enough" :smh:

My favorite "we lost the mold" excsue is the Penny 4.

For years people asked for a Foam One retro, their excuse was they destroyed the mold and it would be too expensive to make one. During the time period of all these request they retro the Penny 4.

Then couple years later they retro the Foam Ones, and people ask for another Penny 4 retro, and they excuse returns. We destroyed the mold for the Penny 4 :smh:

My favorite "we lost the mold" excsue is the Penny 4.

For years people asked for a Foam One retro, their excuse was they destroyed the mold and it would be too expensive to make one. During the time period of all these request they retro the Penny 4.

Then couple years later they retro the Foam Ones, and people ask for another Penny 4 retro, and they excuse returns. We destroyed the mold for the Penny 4
mean.gif
I remember when they first started using that excuse when people wanted the AJ II retroed

Back
Top Bottom