The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

Race isn't the issue or to blame for anything. Shoes are what's hot right now period. It's a faze that will eventually fade out like everything else does. I'll be 30 in 3 months and have experienced the good and bad of the sneaker culture. My disappointment steams from the decline in the brand. Nike use to be a symbol of innovation and fresh ideas. From shoes and apparel to marketing and commercials. Making money is the goal of every business. That said there is no defense for what has become of Nike. The blatant greed cannot go without notice or the lack of professional pride to deliver their consumers the best products possible. A price increase is/was expected but the quality issues are unbelievable. Cheaper materials, shapes of classics slightly off as well as the color (brighter or darker). THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR WHY THE FIRST THING I NOTICE ON A NEW PAIR OF ANYTHING IS THE GLUE STAINS. I love shoes but it's got to the point that when I hear or see the word Nike I don't think innovation or cool. I think $, greed and just another company run by suits who don't care about anything but their bottom line. Maybe that's how it's always been but at least I got a decent product in exchange for my money. Unfortunately that's no longer the case.

Last edited:
Race isn't the issue or to blame for anything. Shoes are what's hot right now period. It's a faze that will eventually fade out like everything else does. I'll be 30 in 3 months and have experienced the good and bad of the sneaker culture. My disappointment steams from the decline in the brand. Nike use to be a symbol of innovation and fresh ideas. From shoes and apparel to marketing and commercials. Making money is the goal of every business. That said there is no defense for what has become of Nike. The blatant greed cannot go without notice or the lack of professional pride to deliver their consumers the best products possible. A price increase is/was expected but the quality issues are unbelievable. Cheaper materials, shapes of classics slightly off as well as the color (brighter or darker). THERE IS NO REASON WHY THE FIRST THING I NOTICE ON A NEW PAIR OF ANYTHING IS THE GLUE STAINS. I love shoes but it's got to the point that when I hear or see the word Nike I don't think innovation or cool. I think $, greed and just another company run by suits who don't care about anything but their bottom line. Maybe that's how it's always been but at least I got a decent product in exchange for my money. Unfortunately that's no longer the case.
so quality down= prices up thats your post?that horse has long been dead .

if your gonna say race plays no factor then make a good point in your defense i believe thats how debates work not sure just guessing.

the problem whenever race comes up people wanna fall back and point fingers but nothing im saying is for the negative. if anything if it wasnt for hood cats then nike would of probably never pushed loud colorways at any point in time.

you got guys who slinging rock running from cops in am95 and penny 2 with 3m so the cops can see them and yall saying sneakers werent eveything to the hood?so you risking jail time to be fly?to get respect and females YES.

people take pride in things they cant change or mostly never will change its just human nature,so as a youth in the hood probably never gonna own a house or graduate hs or go to college so you become hood rich and start taking too much pride in silly things like cars, jewelry ,sneakers .

everything im saying is 100% truth maybe you wanna say race and a lack of money are not factors in why the culture is the way it is today but your just in denial.

so basically you agree but dont feel like taking any heat so you backpedaled bit?idk why this needs to be turned into a race thing 99% of the dudes i dealt with until the age of 17 were black.this convo was about colorways right well the reason nike puts out loud cws IS BEASUSE black hood cats not white suburban kids.for them this a fad.

a 14 white kid at a sneaker show with his mom will realize its more fun fooling around with girls in a a couple years and to do that he needs a "cute" haircut and to make her laugh.

now where i grew up if you werent fresh then it was a no go,jordans made you cute.they were probably more important than physical appearance.brown sneakers were considered work or play shoes loud colored shoes were coolest and got you the most attention.

whether or not they were knowable about kicks thats not the point.black youth pushed the louder colorways and is the reason they are put out today.

not saying others races had nothing to do with it just saying low income area aka hoods are like 80% blacks,so the majority rules.

I'm not here to argue with you, but to be frank, this post reads borderline racist, down to you referencing that you "have a black friend." I'm not accusing you of anything, that's just how the post reads - doesn't mean it's actually representative of the person who wrote it.

The reason race is involved in the discussion is because YOU brought it up.

I'm happy to just dead the whole tangent, personally.

I'm not here to argue with you, but to be frank, this post reads borderline racist, down to you referencing that you "have a black friend." I'm not accusing you of anything, that's just how the post reads - doesn't mean it's actually representative of the person who wrote it.

The reason race is involved in the discussion is because YOU brought it up.

I'm happy to just dead the whole tangent, personally.
OK SO LET ME ASK YOU THIS.

If you had to pick a race that has affected this culture the most .what would it be?? you gotta pick you cant walk the fence.

burklinsfienest burklinsfienest I'm black and grew up running the streets in DC. The "hood" wore basic colors in the 90s and still do today. The "loud color" era is relatively new and coincides with shoes being at a all time high in popularity. Limited supply, resell value and hype drive the era, not who wears what in the "hood". I take your statement as inner city kids have the most influence in the culture and therefore are to blame for its decline. If so I disagree 100%. Btw I wasn't debating you to begin with, just voicing my individual issues with Nike. Issues that race plays no factor in.

Last edited:
BOWB4ME thanks for coming at me in a respectable way.

i lived in baltimore until age 17 and shoes that didnt have bright colors were consider dull or wack.

you used them as work shoes or play shoes (basically to shovel snow in the winter and cut grass in the summer}

or like going roller skating you would wear wack shoes so they wouldnt get stolen.playing basketball etc.

the fly shoes had multiple colors and gimmicks and were worn for school or just chillin on the block.

funny how you grew up in dc(really close) and didnt see any bright shoes......so what was the hottest shoes in the 1997 in dc? had to be some minots right? or something along those line right?

Geez, I'm hesitant to even get into this discussion. But, while there is some truth to the glorification of sneakers being rooted in poor, urban communities, that hasn't really been relevant in a while. Today, the thirst for being a "sneakerhead" transcends racial and most socioeconomic lines. In fact, as it becomes a bigger money game, most of the sneaker celebs become soft, rich kids who have no connection to the roots of sneakers becoming a major thing in the first place.

Sneakers were part of being fresh. That was the urban side of things. When I was younger and doing my thing, everybody who was getting any kind of street money was fresh with new kicks on the regular. But, that's a far cry from being into kicks as a hobby. None of those dudes joined NT, none of them really cared about the history or anything like that - it was all about just having the latest and greatest and having something fresh and new to rock with everything. The undercurrent of the streets that glorified sneaks may have been partially responsible for the coolness factor that subsequent generations and dudes from the burbs feti****ed, but they had really nothing to do with turning sneakers into what they've become today.

That's largely been a middle class thing. And, like I said, you can tell by the types of ultra soft clowns who become shoe celebs. 9 out of 10 of them wouldn't have made in home with what they left the house wearing during the "golden era."
Bingo

Feeling some type of way they will be releasing these considered I copped the OG some years ago. However, gonna cop 2 pair since the pair I got is so old the sole was slightly coming off.

Last edited:
Trash. Had them in my hands today :smh:

All the did was add a zipper to those exposed flightposites

Trash. Had them in my hands today :smh:

Nike cutting major corners on this one :smh:
At first, I was really excited seeing these retro, as the FP1's are one my all time favorite shoes, especially in this colorway. Now as I see more pics, I'm becoming less and less excited because it's like it's not even the same shoe anymore :smh:

Nike cutting major corners on this one :smh:
At first, I was really excited seeing these retro, as the FP1's are one my all time favorite shoes, especially in this colorway. Now as I see more pics, I'm becoming less and less excited because it's like it's not even the same shoe anymore :smh:

You and me both. I have over 30 fp1. I was hype when I heard these and the Knicks color way (h20 PE) we're going to drop. Got a call last night talking about we have some carbon for you. I literally went from :D :wow: :x :smh: :frown: >: in the matter of seconds

Trash. Had them in my hands today
mean.gif

Didn't realize the Exposed had the same outsoles...  
rolleyes.gif

Nike definitely lowered the bar but I'll take colorways like this over the zebra print ones or pink splatter ones. I'd like to see the official name for these because calling em carbon fiber retro's has clearly rubbed folks the wrong way. Shoes are dope either way and I will cop on RD.

The bar has been lowered. The price has been raised. People know this and will still cop. I can no longer tell the shoe and drug business apart.

The good ol days are gone, I gave up on ever getting a pair of carbon fiber fp1's long ago. I don't even view those as carbon fp1's they're just a shiny black flightposite to me with a butchered sole. I buy maybe 5 nike's a year so paying $200+ on a foam isn't that bad. I know folks see it as a principle but they're just basketball shoes to me.

Back
Top Bottom