The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

i couldnt wait i got mines lil while back off ebay for the High 
indifferent.gif

i had the OG greenish/gold ones when i was in 9th grade. i hella like these tho.

\

Little changes to me, big changes to you. I like the shoe, you don't, its an opinion, truthfully I think the shoe still looks good but we are all entitled to an opinion and yours is respected

and its not hype that's making me want to cop, I actually like these, I don't fall for the hype my dude I buy what I like

I respect that. Question for you. What would be considered a big change for you then? The 3 changes I named make up about 90% of the shoe.

nike can easily reproduce the mold if they want. they just essentially took a different shoe (fligtposite no zip) and added a zip and add the carbon flightposite I theme to it.

if they would have just tooled up the mold for the no zips to be on par with the OG flightposites or even the retros then we wouldn't be discussing this stuff. instead, the no zip flopped and they decided to give us a color way to salvage the line. they weren't going to retool the molds for us at that point.

Idk why yall are surprised in the changes, this is NIKE, and the NIKE hype train is at a all time high. Majority of releases that have FOAM, POSITE, NRG , ETC. is going to sell and NIKE is a business. If they can cut costs + make a profit do you really think they wont? NIKE doesn't give 2 $**** about the OG collectors when they know a new generation will help them sell out. Im with urban, never had the og's or even the retros that came out a couple yrs back, lord knows I wanted a pair after seeing my boy j-oner (whos on here :nerd:) rock em in school. Im not going to let lil changes stop me from trying to cop, knowing now I can afford and buy what I really want. Not saying you cant complain, this is a sneaker board you can complain for life, but I see dudes that been doing this for years STILL complaining like they didn't see this coming, stop expecting re-releases to exactly mimic the originals, different times, different era, different money.

This is straight nonsense, delivered in a condescending tone.

We all know Nike is a business. The point of a business is to make a profit but tons of business are able to do that without delivering crap products to their consumers. Nike is a corporation those values their stock prices and investors more than their consumers. They constantly brag about how much the make and set targets to to make more and more and more. And then act like they are doing consumers a favor by even giving them anything.

They are the EA of shoes, if the sneaker community wasn't filled with hypebeast sheep then we could get our voice heard. Nike as done more than enough to it's consumers to have them be voted the worst company in America, just like video game fans did to EA.

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. We gotta just shut up and deal with it because "Nike is a business"

The not only do it with NSW retros. Look at the state of Jordans, how their performance sneakers only use plastic now for the most part, how they rip of soccer players with the pricing of their cleats, have you go from division to division to division and see the short cuts.

Look at the retros Reebok and Adidas are coming out with compared to Nike. It is shameful. And they refuse to have a serious discussion with the very fans that got them to this point. Gentry would even allow a question like that to pass, Tinker shrugs to off and "wishes" things were better, and they tell us **** like "we the factories seem to care more about quality this year" so maybe things will improve. :smh:

We got every right to complain and complain often, because Nike continues to do crap like this year after year after year. When they get it right we celebrate, and buy. So why can't we complain when they butcher a shoe. :rolleyes

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford well said. Nike has the ability to retro anything 100% faithful. They simply don't care and all that matters is making money. It would be one thing if the company was struggling but there making more money now than they ever did. Nothing can be said in defense of them. You have a company that blatantly doesn't care about their customers, gives us poorly made retros, jacks the price up as high as possible then makes consumers jump through hoops to get a pair. Nike is indeed one of the worse money hungry companies on earth right now. They take no pride in the products they sell and have resorted to hype to sell shoes that any smart person can see is poorly made and over priced. Bad business. Reebok, Adidas, New Balance take pride in there retros and your getting a fair price. Good business.

Last edited:
Talk is talk. At the end of the day, we all know that Nike is a business. ...That wasn't some profound revelation we just learned from 1C3M4M. You vote with your wallet. I'm not copping. That's my vote. Others will cop - that's their vote. ...It's the people who hand over their dollars who aren't allowed to complain. Us, on the other hand? Yeah, we can complain all we want.

And, get this straight - we aren't complaining because we are surprised. I don't sit around with other OG collectors and seriously complain about this stuff, precisely because we all know that this the case. The reason why we voice our displeasure on a place like NT is because we want the younger folks who may not know all the history to at least have a chance to hear the other side of the story - the counter-narrative to the "oh, demz is fiyah fambz" hype that overtakes the convo on all things sneaks. For those who may not have any basis of comparison, they should know that people who were up on this back when the originals dropped consider this release a bastardized version. If it changes a few minds - swings a few votes to our side - then it's all good.

BTW - what do OG collectors actually complain about if not the subpar products (the supply)? We complain about the uncritical hypebeasts, new jacks, and others who continue to throw their dollars and weight at these products, providing no incentive for Nike to try to do any better (the demand). I can't blame Nike at all - they are behaving perfectly rationally; coldly rationally. But, I can certainly blame those who prop up mediocrity as if its greatness and remove any incentive for Nike to meet the standards it once set for itself.

Talk is talk. At the end of the day, we all know that Nike is a business. ...That wasn't some profound revelation we just learned from 1C3M4M. You vote with your wallet. I'm not copping. That's my vote. Others will cop - that's their vote. ...It's the people who hand over their dollars who aren't allowed to complain. Us, on the other hand? Yeah, we can complain all we want.

And, get this straight - we aren't complaining because we are surprised. I don't sit around with other OG collectors and seriously complain about this stuff, precisely because we all know that this the case. The reason why we voice our displeasure on a place like NT is because we want the younger folks who may not know all the history to at least have a chance to hear the other side of the story - the counter-narrative to the "oh, demz is fiyah fambz" hype that overtakes the convo on all things sneaks. For those who may not have any basis of comparison, they should know that people who were up on this back when the originals dropped consider this release a bastardized version. If it changes a few minds - swings a few votes to our side - then it's all good.

BTW - what do OG collectors actually complain about if not the subpar products (the supply)? We complain about the uncritical hypebeasts, new jacks, and others who continue to throw their dollars and weight at these products, providing no incentive for Nike to try to do any better (the demand). I can't blame Nike at all - they are behaving perfectly rationally; coldly rationally. But, I can certainly blame those who prop up mediocrity as if its greatness and remove any incentive for Nike to meet the standards it once set for itself.
Repped.

Wow.. After seeing those pics, it almost makes you think that these aren't even meant to be a retro of the same shoe/style.

Orlando - yes Nike can retro anything they want, look at the newly retro'd pythons, good quality, looks great, but anything with POSITE in it in this day and age is most likely going to sell out especially a shoe like this so for them to go the extra step and spend more money when they dont have to is unlikely. Obviously they are cutting costs, and i can see how its a slap in the face for some because its more nostalgic for some. Yes they did change the shoe, for the worse, but the changes to ME are not that great where its gonna steer me away from purchasing, sorry they couldnt make it to your standards hopefully in the near future they will do a better job

BIP - I hear you, and as a NTker i respect u, but you have to realize that you were once a new jack, fortunately at that time when u was new to the game, Nike was more fresh and actually put out good quality products. But I bet while you were buying back then you had an older person or someone telling you that spending $ on nikes was dumb and to go buy something cheaper, if you didnt kudos to u. Not propping up mediocrity, if i had the extra money to go get the OG's i will but me personally even if i did i fear the fact of it falling apart or not being wearable (never got into buying old shoes, pardon my ignorance just dont have the right education on which shoe holds up after a couple years). Its at a point where I feel Nike knows they are a household name, and people like us who were with them for the ride are losing out. The last pair of Auburns that released were atrocious quality wise, but I know its not going to get any better, i didnt cop, and lord knows i love that shoe. Maybe Nike will surprise me in the next couple years and drop a decent pair, but i saved my $, and thats exactly what you doing, got it, but im not saying anything about it because i know it was expected. Back in the day it was Nike running this shoe thing, adidas/fila/converse was great but Nike was ahead, nowadays you have brands like asics/NB doing collabs and they are pushing out kicks that are actually not that bad, some even better than your avg Nike, and come up in the same discussions with old nike models. Sure the swoosh can put out good quality if they want to, but why should they? Im saying that those golden years where Nike made good retros is done, the focus is more on new products, as you can see it looks like they are taking this new mold of this model and running with it, its going to sell and that is that. Its VERY disappointing but the best you can do is dont buy, big up the ones who do because they got what they wanted, and keep it moving. But don think the newer generation is buying just to buy, yes majority of them is treating this like the new trading card game but there are some that cop simply because they like what they see, not to throw money away

Last edited:
:lol: sorry abt that man did it off my phone i know its far from perfect but thanks for taking out time to read it appreciate it

If your gonna buy em cool, more power to you. Their not cutting cost though. Their being lazy. Even if they changed the shoe to cut cost I don't know why you or anyone else would support and accept that. A company richer than it's ever been cuts cost on a sneaker by changing it for the worse. Then jacks up the price $50.

The equivalent would being buy a meal from McDonalds for $10 more and only getting half a sandwich and half the fries. No matter how you look at it Nike is getting over on those who buy. I just wish customers wouldn't accept being played like that so we could get the higher quality products we deserve.

Of course Nike is lazy, but i dont think that was their sole purpose on cutting corners on this shoe

:lol: sorry abt that man did it off my phone i know its far from perfect but thanks for taking out time to read it appreciate it

:lol: all good. I understand where you're coming from and to each their own... but the sole on these posites is just to big a change for me to get over.

Im so familiar with the FP1 that seeing the stripped down sole makes these look like some fake knockoffs. I know alot of people are disappointed in the weave pattern (or lack thereof) and while it does bother me, it doesn't bother me as much as the outsole. The CF pattern only effects this model while the outsole effects any other colorways they decide to retro. This is one of my favorite sneakers and there is no way I can in good conscious spend my money on a re-release that's so lackluster compared to the original.

Last edited:
^ the sole does look off but me personally i think it looks good still, ill take the regular black pair over carbons tho

Of course Nike is lazy, but i dont think that was their sole purpose on cutting corners on this shoe

They took the FP Exposed and added a zipper. What else besides being lazy could it be? To say a multi billion company that's making profit at a all time high is cutting cost is laughable and insulting to consumers. At least it should be insulting but obviously that's not the case.

BIP and 1C3M4M,

Both of you have valid points...Unsure if this has been done or brought up but has there been comments posted on Nike's FB or Twitter pages? Don't have either so don't know...

If I read correctly, Swizz Beatz changed some of the Reebok releases to look similar to the OG releases after the public outcry, maybe this will have an affect on Nike to do the same with future releases...I doubt it but never know...

It's crazy that these cost $160 back in 1999.. $50 mark up since! smh. These are probably one of Nike's best shoes ever too! So freaking comfortable!

Back
Top Bottom