the Official Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao thread March 13 2010

i was gonna book my room in vegas for that weekend but then i realized i wont be able to get in ANYWHERE unless i drop serious cash cuz every celebrity andtheir momma is gonna be in vegas that weekend
laugh.gif
mad.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

B Kinney was just saying 147 has been agreed upon

Not a good look for Manny.
better than the 154 Mayweather was hoping for

147 is what i heard, and thats a great wt for Pac

March is just around the corner too

Possible venues include Dallas Stadium, Temporary stadium in Vegas & New Orleans.

Just what I've been reading.

Idc where it's at, as long as it's happening, I'm there.

manny is not going to win this... im calling floyd by split decision... yep this will go 12 rounds...floyd will not take risks and will clinch every time mannytries to throw a combo and just counterpunch...manny will definitely throw more punches but floyd will land a lot more similar to the marquez fight...but ya mybday is march 11 so this will definitely be a good gift to watch this fight

Originally Posted by you go boy

manny is not going to win this... im calling floyd by split decision... yep this will go 12 rounds...floyd will not take risks and will clinch every time manny tries to throw a combo and just counterpunch...manny will definitely throw more punches but floyd will land a lot more similar to the marquez fight...but ya my bday is march 11 so this will definitely be a good gift to watch this fight

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by StrickRoth P

just saw this on fb

http://www.examiner.com/x...-on-Floyd-are-you-scared

i dont think it's goin to happen

its going to happen, the only people that are saying that is pacs camp
Floyd was probably expecting Manny to ask for another catchweight of 145 lbs... so he went ahead and asked for 154 to settle at 147
laugh.gif
Not a bad move by the Mayweather camp

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

B Kinney was just saying 147 has been agreed upon

Not a good look for Manny.
better than the 154 Mayweather was hoping for

that was Roach making up crap

remember when Mayweather fought DLH at 154? he came on the scales at 149

I'm definitely not gonna be quick to say that Floyd wins this. By decision or KO. I actually think that PBF would have a hard time against Pac.

Look at it this way. Manny basically has to carry out what Judah had done to Mayweather. We can basically agree that the first few rounds of that fightdefinitely went to Judah. Unfortunately there was an instance where Judah actually knocked down Mayweather but the Ref didn't call it.
smh.gif
The only difference is that Manny will have more punch output that Zab had. So I'mpretty sure Manny would have a slight blueprint right now for his game plan.

I know counter-punching is a DEFINITE advantage for PBF but IMO most people skip one big advantage that PAC has against that. He DOES NOT TELEGRAPH his powerpunches. Look closely at his fights and you will notice. He's done it to Cotto, Hatton, all his opponents in the past, and even Marquez(That's how hegot his knockdowns on him). I actually even think that Manny has gotten better at learning not to telegraph his power punches since the last Marquez fight. YouCANNOT counter an opponent when you CANNOT read what he's about to do.

If Floyd decides to utilize the Shoulder Roll, which may I add that Pac already has an advantage over since he's a southpaw, he better pray that his Leftarm can take the punishment that both Pac's arms carry because there's only so much that one arm can take. Not too mention that they will be using 8Oz. gloves, not those 10 Oz. pillow gloves that fluff up a boxer's punches.

On top of everything else, Floyd needs time. All counter-punchers start slow since they have to feel out, then learn to adjust to their opponents. Thisautomatically gives Pac the advantage within the first few rounds, which is basically bad news for PBF since a lot of Pac's knockdowns have been during thefirst few rounds of the fight. (i.e. Cotto, Hatton, and Marquez 1 and 2.)

I'm not gonna say that either one is gonna win this easily. But all I'm saying is when you look at the advantages, you have to look at the bare bonesof it. Again I may be wrong, but this is what I see.

My 2 cents
nerd.gif

It's going to be epic to see all PBF fans eat crow, I am keeping a list of everyone who is talking !*@+. Best believe I will call each and everyone of youout.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

It's going to be epic to see all PBF fans eat crow, I am keeping a list of everyone who is talking !*@+. Best believe I will call each and everyone of you out.
wink.gif
Add me to the list. Manny is getting served.

Originally Posted by marath0n

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

It's going to be epic to see all PBF fans eat crow, I am keeping a list of everyone who is talking !*@+. Best believe I will call each and everyone of you out.
wink.gif
Add me to the list. Manny is getting served.

Back
Top Bottom