the Official Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao thread March 13 2010

It dont matter how many PPV numbers you get. Once the fight is signed and they get into the ring no one is going to be arguing who isthe biggest draw. Just sign the contract.
Roach told Arum he wants it @147. I think they should do a 53-47 split for PBF. Get it done already guys...there should be no excuses

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

He has a far less impressive PPV history which is the sole basis of the PPV split negotiations.

PPV history is used as a basis for future performance. Manny's fan base has grown exponentially since the DLH and Hatton fights and after Cotto it'snot slowing down. Manny did a number bigger than anything Floyd did. So because Floyd did better numbers in the past it negates what Manny did recently? Why?

Originally Posted by EdWord

Mayweather - Marquez Live Gate: $6.8 million revenue. PPV Buys: 1.05 Million . what did pacqiou marquez do?

You cannot be serious with this post.

The contract is all about PPV buys though. We're just talking about the business end, which is the stage that the fighters camp are at right now.

Has to be 55-45 IMO. The numbers are clear.

its like asking LeBron to accept a 5 million per season contract and just play because the fans love to see him on the court. Doesn't make sense.

The contract is all about PPV buys though.

Exactly. Manny became a superstar recently which is why his most recent numbers are the most relevant to the argument. He's really had 1 fight since hebecame a mainstream superstar (it started with DLH and continued with Hattion). That fight did 1.25 million, there is no denying that. Why do numbers beforeManny became what he is now matter?

The contract is all about PPV buys though. We're just talking about the business end, which is the stage that the fighters camp are at right now.

its like asking LeBron to accept a 5 million per season contract and just play because the fans love to see him on the court. Doesn't make sense.
I dont know about that analogy bro. This isnt basketball and if Floyd isn't gonna fight Pacquiao you think he can get a bigger payday?

Originally Posted by kicks4days

I dont know about that analogy bro. This isnt basketball and if Floyd isn't gonna fight Pacquiao you think he can get a bigger payday?
Okay, last time, promise.

It's not as simple as saying okay guys go out there and fight. We'll figure out the money somehow. This has to be all carefully calculated. If youdon't think 2-5% share is a big difference, you'd be fooling yourself. It's not just the PPV share either. It's the weight they fight at whichwill play a big factor in the fight as well. Floyd is smart, he'll delay if he needs to, the man has enough money to keep him satisfied for the time being.It's not like his next fight HAS to be Manny.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

He has a far less impressive PPV history which is the sole basis of the PPV split negotiations.

PPV history is used as a basis for future performance. Manny's fan base has grown exponentially since the DLH and Hatton fights and after Cotto it's not slowing down. Manny did a number bigger than anything Floyd did. So because Floyd did better numbers in the past it negates what Manny did recently? Why?

I don't really understand how it can be any clearer.

Floyd fought DLH, Hatton and JMM.

Manny fought DLH, Hatton and JMM.

Floyds fought sould almost 2 million more PPV buys than Manny did against the same fighters.

Thats all you can use to compare and make a fair assessment anything else is pure speculation. Stop being a fan for a second and use logic.

Cotto sells out MSG consistently and has his own fanbase, this was also one of the best fights that could be made in the sport and had crazy hype behindit...1.25 s good but people were predicting close to 2 million and its didn't even come close to that.

Floyd vs Cotto would have had better numbers. Floyd may have more haters than fans but both pay to see him come fight night.

mayweather has more to lose than manny thats for sure... but i still think if this fight were to happen PBF will win this... he will not get into a brawlwhich manny wants and is good at it... PBF willl win on a decision and get off on points.... he will go the 12 rounds and outbox manny.... manny will throwmore munches but floyd will land more punches.... this guys D is impeccable and will win that way... hes not going to go punch for punch with manny if thatswhat your expecting... all PBF cares about is coming out flawless and winning...he will go the 12 rounds and play serious D on manny and counter punch.... thisguy mayweather knows what hes doing... he doesnt need a knockout to win as long as he wins its all good which he will do.....

Originally Posted by KingJames23

The contract is all about PPV buys though.

Exactly. Manny became a superstar recently which is why his most recent numbers are the most relevant to the argument. He's really had 1 fight since he became a mainstream superstar (it started with DLH and continued with Hattion). That fight did 1.25 million, there is no denying that. Why do numbers before Manny became what he is now matter?
You're not making sense my dude....you are saying for yourself that he only has 1 fight as a superstar...boxing negotiations are all aboutsales pedigree and box office history.

Thats why DLH always took the bigger slice of the cake come negotiation time..he had the best PPV history.

You can't just have 1 fight with good numbers and expect to earn the same as someone with 4/5 good fight numbers under his belt. Especially when you foughtthe same fighters as the prospective opponent and had far worse numbers.

Ok you had 1 fight with good numbers against a well known opponent...you expect to get as much as the fighter who was in the richest event in PPV history andhas been grooming a PPV audience for years?

A hot music act comes on the scene and has a big buzz over the last year....are they going to get as much money and headline on a tour with a group like U2 orsomeone with a solidified fanbase and sales history?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by kicks4days

Okay, last time, promise.

It's not as simple as saying okay guys go out there and fight. We'll figure out the money somehow. This has to be all carefully calculated. If you don't think 2-5% share is a big difference, you'd be fooling yourself. It's not just the PPV share either. It's the weight they fight at which will play a big factor in the fight as well. Floyd is smart, he'll delay if he needs to, the man has enough money to keep him satisfied for the time being. It's not like his next fight HAS to be Manny.

I never said 2-5 % isnt a big difference. 53-47 as oppose to 55-45 youre talking 1.5-2.5 million difference MAX. However, if you dont fight you wont be gettingany of those millions, you'll be taking a paycut because this is the biggest payday out there. If PBF fights someone else he risks the leverage he has ifhe doesnt come up with another 1 million PPV buys. The only fighter he can do that with is Mosley, which is a whole another risk in it of itself. Roach alreadysaid he wants the fight @ 147 and Floyd has been quoted as saying he wanted it 147.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Manny should go unify the belts. Fight Mosley after. There can only be one.
if him and Maywether get dwn, hes definitely hangin them up after that.

if mayweather wins, boxing is goin to be lookin at an epic Trilogy

Originally Posted by mco85

JMM is not a big PPV attraction, plus there wasn't really any question who was going to win. That Mayweather vs Marquez fight had nowhere near the buzz that Pacman vs Cotto had because everyone knew Floyd was going to win. I think people were surprised that Mayweather vs Marquez sold so well and a bit disappointed at Pac's numbers

[S4L] LOL [/S4L]

when they look back on this decade as who was the best fighter it will be mayweather. To say otherwise is just blind hate. 90's roy jones 80's sugarray. So your telling me pound for pound floyd isnt up there with the greats?? As for may/pac win or lose i see a rematch clause in this. with the sequel at theend of the year. it will be EPIC they amount of promo this fight/fights will get just TOO MUCH money involved. Then he can fight mosely at the top of 2011 andcall it a wrap. Other than those two there is no one too fight and no new prospects for either to fight. Cotto is done. Clottley is second tier. Berto is afraud and diaz isnt ready. And i dont want anyone to mention paul williams cuz thats just crazy. For pac a 3rd jmm fight would be a joke.

Originally Posted by you go boy

mayweather has more to lose than manny thats for sure... but i still think if this fight were to happen PBF will win this... he will not get into a brawl which manny wants and is good at it... PBF willl win on a decision and get off on points.... he will go the 12 rounds and outbox manny.... manny will throw more munches but floyd will land more punches.... this guys D is impeccable and will win that way... hes not going to go punch for punch with manny if thats what your expecting... all PBF cares about is coming out flawless and winning...he will go the 12 rounds and play serious D on manny and counter punch.... this guy mayweather knows what hes doing... he doesnt need a knockout to win as long as he wins its all good which he will do.....

You said the same thing over and over in different wording.

Originally Posted by Informerx

Originally Posted by you go boy

mayweather has more to lose than manny thats for sure... but i still think if this fight were to happen PBF will win this... he will not get into a brawl which manny wants and is good at it... PBF willl win on a decision and get off on points.... he will go the 12 rounds and outbox manny.... manny will throw more munches but floyd will land more punches.... this guys D is impeccable and will win that way... hes not going to go punch for punch with manny if thats what your expecting... all PBF cares about is coming out flawless and winning...he will go the 12 rounds and play serious D on manny and counter punch.... this guy mayweather knows what hes doing... he doesnt need a knockout to win as long as he wins its all good which he will do.....

You said the same thing over and over in different wording.

laugh.gif

that post looks like one of my exam answer papers from back in the day
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I'll admit it...Floyd is the bigger draw...

The word is still getting out on Pacquiao with non-filipino Americans. But it is getting out...

This was a conversation my sister said she overheard at school (white and spanish ppl talking):

"So did anyone watch the Pacquiao-Cotto fight last night?"

"Cotto - who?"

"Pacquiao-Cotto."

"Na...Cotto must've owned the new guy though."

"New guy? He TKO'ed DLH and he knocked out Hatton. And he just owned Cotto."

[Group of ppl just silent for a moment, then one person speaks up] "Really? Wow I never heard of him."

"You must not have filipino friends
laugh.gif
"

The casual boxing fan is still unaware of this dude. He's like the boxing equivalent of Brandon Roy. Smh. I bet the casual boxing fan know whoMayweather is and it's a shame. Pac's camp needs to start promoting this guy hardbody this shouldn't be the case by now.

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

Originally Posted by sf savage

Hope this isn't true.

http://fighthype.com/page...cb9ff3508faf81f084a23f38

if he does this, let him. He obviously doesn't care about his legacy. Can't force the guy to do something.
I'm a Pacquiao fan but I do think Floyd has the most natural talent in boxing. If this is indeed true there is no way anyone can defend himand say he isn't ducking fighters and your right he doesn't care about his legacy.

Back
Top Bottom