THE OFFICIAL INVESTORS THREAD vol. Securities, Real Estate, Franchises

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Appreciate this thread. As far as Real Estate, can u elaborate? I'm about to take real estate courses for my paralegal program. To my understanding, after I finish the course I can practice real estate.

Also, would u suggest investments in portions of stock like AIG allows with their online brokerage accounts?Edit: Also, I feel what dude was sayin as far as investments. I always felt that u should use the products that u purchase stock in and vice versa, its like ur makin it back. I want to invest but have debt that I can't seem to get rid of (two credit cards) I guess the "side hustle" will pay off in the end

try transferring your CC debt to new CCs with 0% APR.
I was recently approved for a new Citi CC ~ 0% APR for 21 months!!  That is killer savings on interest.
The account that I transferred from (Living Spaces retail card) was going to hit me with 28% APR this December! 
laugh.gif

mad.gif

The 0% APR will allow me to pay off the principal exponentially faster.

Hope you can do the same.  Oh.... and chop up your current CCs or at least one of them so you stop using it.
Next thing you know, you'll have some money to invest.  

Originally Posted by capricdragon

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Appreciate this thread. As far as Real Estate, can u elaborate? I'm about to take real estate courses for my paralegal program. To my understanding, after I finish the course I can practice real estate.

Also, would u suggest investments in portions of stock like AIG allows with their online brokerage accounts?Edit: Also, I feel what dude was sayin as far as investments. I always felt that u should use the products that u purchase stock in and vice versa, its like ur makin it back. I want to invest but have debt that I can't seem to get rid of (two credit cards) I guess the "side hustle" will pay off in the end

try transferring your CC debt to new CCs with 0% APR.
I was recently approved for a new Citi CC ~ 0% APR for 21 months!!  That is killer savings on interest.
The account that I transferred from (Living Spaces retail card) was going to hit me with 28% APR this December! 
laugh.gif

mad.gif

The 0% APR will allow me to pay off the principal exponentially faster.

Hope you can do the same.  Oh.... and chop up your current CCs or at least one of them so you stop using it.
Next thing you know, you'll have some money to invest.  
They're both closed. They keep sendin me settlement letters but w/ rent, daycare, utilities, groceries, I can't afford it. I'm about to get a weekend job to get rid of em. Once I do I'm going to get a secured cc to get my credit a little better. Thanks for the advice tho but I'm past that point w/ these. 
tired.gif

Two words:
Château Margaux
I watch my dad bring in 10k a month on that vintage alone (I work for him).
Sadly it's a little too late to invest in it
frown.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Anyone read The Millionaire Mind?
Heard of it.  Haven't purchased it.  I should have hit my local Borders since they're having that Out-of-business clearance.

People! When investing the devil is in the details

If you don’t want to lose money you have to be diligent.

·         The reason I never lost money investing is because I study a company’s financial balance sheet and listen to the conference calls. I will reiterate this: Before I purchase a company’s stock I read their balance sheet (10k or 10q) and listen to their conference call.

People! Conference calls are boring but you learn a lot about a company. for instance: future decisions, company outlook, they also explain the 10k and 10Q.

-Note: I know how to read financial reports. So, I skip to the part where the analyst asks questions. This save me time and drastically shorting the time I have to listen to the conference call.

- I will edit this post later and provide a breakdown by minutes of the conference calls.

·         Note: If you want to find out if the company is a good investment. You have to compare a company against its competitors in the industry. So you have to read the competitions balance sheet   and listen to conference calls.
·         Example: If I wanted to invest in a retail store like finish line. I would compare similar stores like foot locker, athlete’s feet, champs, etc. I would not compare finish line to pacsun or gap because they don’t sell the same thing.

This is where I listen to conference calls

·         [URL]http://earnings.com/highlight.asp?client=cb[/url]

When I want to invest (buy stocks) in a company this is where I find the company balance sheets (10k’s and 10q’s). Just put in the company’s ticker symbol.

·         [url=http://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/companysearch.html]http://www.sec.gov/edgar/...edgar/company....html[/url]

Definition of a ticker symbol

·         [URL]http://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/tickersymbol.asp[/url]

10-k & 10-Q definition

·         [url=http://financial-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/10-K]http://financial-dictiona...efreedictionary.com/10-K[/url]

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Heard someone talk about this today. Wish I had come across it earlier. It's a pretty sick chart.
I want to make a poster out of it.
laugh.gif

http://fraser.stlouisfed.org/publications/bb/

This is a partial chart. IT runs from 1775-1944. 

booms-busts-1900-1944.png

WAW i just walked in the crib. I've been going hard for a couple days
pimp.gif
 I love this MIAMI life.

TWAW his is a great post ad im glad that you entered the map into the thread. I will follow up on it for sure. It seems like the countries entire economic system is compile into 1 nice neat chart 

will follow up on it later but this is a great start.

I hope everything is cool and you didn
i
hope you didn'r take things personal brceause your info is needed as well

Keep posting eveyody. Thanks to everbody that posted and kep the thread relevant

I'm not got going to front like most NTers.I want to see thiis thred grow

As much as I didn't want to get into it I find twitter extremely useful for business. I get all the updates and news almost instantly from different sources and different web pages in one place.

Donny Walker Blaq wrote:

WAW i just walked in the crib. I've been going hard for a couple days
pimp.gif
 I love this MIAMI life.

TWAW his is a great post ad im glad that you entered the map into the thread. I will follow up on it for sure. It seems like the countries entire economic system is compile into 1 nice neat chart 

will follow up on it later but this is a great start.

I hope everything is cool and you didn
i
hope you didn'r take things personal brceause your info is needed as well

Keep posting eveyody. Thanks to everbody that posted and kep the thread relevant

I'm not got going to front like most NTers.I want to see thiis thred grow

Don't worry about it. Nothing personal on a message board and it can't be in this case anyway. 
Debate/criticism is how ideas and people grow. 

how did i miss this thread!
pimp.gif

question for OP, just started reading Robert Kyiosaki's book today, just to see what the hype is about, its been pretty interesting so far but ive heard a lot of negatives about the

author in particular, do you still recommend it? just want to know if i should keep reading or not.

the demographics of niketalk are young males, time is what is essential to let your money grow. I read somewhere that if someone had purchased 10,000 worth of microsoft shares when it first became public the value would be 3.5 million today. Right now it is risky to become a day "trader" but higher risks can = high rewards and vice versa.

options is something that people should consider during this "oncoming recession"

I lost a lot of money investing in sprint I am really hoping google buys them.

Be on the look out for financials to bottom out in late q3/early q4, they've been getting hammered the last 2 Q's. Some are now trading below book value. A lot of these banks are fundamentally strong but suffer from global uncertainty and the euro crisis. With that being said, some financials are in trouble and need some major restructuring (BAC being one). Some hedge funds are starting to go long on financials. Just some food for thought.
EDIT : I'm avoiding any banks based/with major exposure to Europe. The European situation is so fragile I don't want my money anywhere close to it. Hopefully the ECB gets their act together and it doesn't spread to the rest of the world.

Which brokers are you guys using to buy your shares of stock? buying directly from the company? point me in the right direction 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom