**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

1 piece and one piece only. Diamond cut rope chain 14k gold 25.5 inches and like 288 grams. Bought it for like 2800 and sold it for 4400 I think. It was a choker because I was so fatter back then and I wanted something more like 28-30 inches 400+ grams. At that time I thought I'd find a replacement easy as I was seeing them on eBay a lot above 350 grams for decent prices.

It was a bad move because gold has shot up a lot since then and I miss that stupid chain. Been itching to just bite the bullet and have one made, but I'm trying to resist temptation. I've said a few times here before that gold has a worth, but to me it's not worth much more than $20 a gram for 14k. Who knows when it's ever going to get back to that I have no clue. Maybe never idk. I don't want to pay $35 a gram when the price should be half that.
I don't think I could ever sell any of my stuff in wanna have a variety

@bLaZ3n Yeah Rey is super legit, you won't be disappointed and as ninja mentioned Leon's also, but I personally would go with Rey

Goodluck with ur purchase

but if you guys are rocking these sub 10mm cuban with no pendant, it looks a little to frail for my liking

If you wearing the Cuban solo anything 10mm and above looks nice, I personally don't like the long chain look, so I would never go longer than 26in maybe 28in if it's above 15mm, but that's just me personally

I've had many different sizes and styles of Cuban bracelets and chains, I can say personally the most comfortable and best looking setups for me have been 7mm-8mm chain 24in in length with a decent sized pendant total weight like 150 to 170 grams, for me anything heavier is just uncomfortable for daily wear

As far as bracelets go i started at around 10mm and I wasn't happy with that so I got a 12mm which I wasn't that happy with then I got a 17mm which at first was nice but after a while it was just to big for me for daily wear so I went to a 13-14mm size bracelet and I love it, it's perfect size and weight for me for daily wear, I literally have only taken it off to clean it

Last edited:

pictures of teef are nasty sometimes, it's like we're looking at periodontitis or somethin

far as some nice canadian town being only a stones throw or whatever from detroit, look in any big city in the world these days and there are slums right around the corner from where wealthy folks stay. 
downtown detroit was never really "the slums" tho

and dude might be overplayin how "nice" windsor is, its safe because they cant have guns and theres a ton of university students in the area, Windsor not really a rich place or nothin like that, it is surprisingly big tho, i didnt realize how big of a city it was until i started havin friends there

pictures of teef are nasty sometimes, it's like we're looking at periodontitis or somethin

far as some nice canadian town being only a stones throw or whatever from detroit, look in any big city in the world these days and there are slums right around the corner from where wealthy folks stay. 
That's true but i'm talking about two major cities not neighborhoods or suburbs. Same situation in Tijuana and San Diego.
cmon man lol, downtown detroit was ******* on downtown windsor way before quicken loans moved down there and brought all these out of town people gentrifyin ****, im not sayin detroit not rough, but the fact that all these "new detroit" people were able to move in and "fall in love with the city" (the really mean downtown, midtown/new center, corktown and eastern market) its proof that detroit was never COMPLETELY ****** up, but when you get in the hood it still get crazy

I disagree. I sold a miami cuban of mine last year to a pawn shop and recieved more than the scraps worth. They're ******** who'll take advantage if you let them, so don't. I went in prepared. I knew I was gonna take a loss off what I had originally paid, but I'll be damned if I wasn't leaving with the worth of the gold itself.
I am very familiar with the owner of the largest pawnshop in my city.  I know exactly how much they are paying per gram on different karat weights and its no where near scrap on anything unless it is a gold coin.  Don't take my word for it, take your chain ring or bracelet into a pawn shop and watch what they say.  

Depending on the condition I would definitely buy a used chain if it's close to scrap value and way less than retail. What the pawn shop paid is irrelevant because most likely it was someone who was desperate for Money that got ripped off.
Not true.  Have you ever seen the screen that they look at when they are determining sale price?  They have a specific amount that they can go down to.  If its old inventory they will sell it at cost or barely above.  A pawn shop is not a retail establishment.  If your buying used jewelry at retail from a pawn shop you are getting jerked. Doesnt matte how nice the piece is.  

500 over scrap is fine...u forgot when u buy new you're paying for labor...even ur jesus piece can see that lol.
Lol, a 33% markup is fine on a used piece of old *******t?

I paid less than scrap on a 100+ gram baht chain and your advising someone to pay 500 over scrap on some garbage?

My white gold link is 70 grams 14k and I paid 1150 dollars for it.  The rose gold rope is 14k 50+ grams and I paid 700.  

Even my jesus piece can see that?  Is that a joke?  

Everything I post is I own.  You walking around with your jesus piece in your pocket when I got 5 or 6 set ups complete with watches and all....

Stick to them mossanites breh.

I barely take my 14mm off too, I think 12mm is the best size for everyday wearing though

are you talking about a cuban link bracelet? because i am contemplating this being my next cop... still not sure on size... i like 10mm but still seems thin for a bracelet so i have to try on other sizes and compare

are you talking about a cuban link bracelet? because i am contemplating this being my next cop... still not sure on size... i like 10mm but still seems thin for a bracelet so i have to try on other sizes and compare
Yea a bracelet

This is 12mm

This is 14.2

I personally preferred the 12mm for everyday with wear but some people like it bigger. It's all personal preference.

Just upgraded to the 17mm.  It is perfect for every day wear and barely shows under my cuff when I wear dress shirts.  

repped for the info and help... cant wait to pay off my piece i bought in April... will take me to at least November but whatever it was still worth it... but im going to do it again and cop a bracelet when my CC balance is paid off... will prally go with reys...

17mm and 13mm

Last edited:
I am very familiar with the owner of the largest pawnshop in my city.  I know exactly how much they are paying per gram on different karat weights and its no where near scrap on anything unless it is a gold coin.  Don't take my word for it, take your chain ring or bracelet into a pawn shop and watch what they say.  

I did. That was the point of my post. It was a sick chain. Very nice. He knew it would sell as I did. He couldn't ******** me. When I came in armed with basic jewelry knowledge he knew I wasn't the average everyday stooge. I received just a bit over scrap. I'm sorry if you've ever sold gold for under its scrap worth.

I did. That was the point of my post. It was a sick chain. Very nice. He knew it would sell as I did. He couldn't ******** me. When I came in armed with basic jewelry knowledge he knew I wasn't the average everyday stooge. I received just a bit over scrap. I'm sorry if you've ever sold gold for under its scrap worth.

I don't sell anything unless I'm upgrading. 99.9% of the time that's not happening.

Back
Top Bottom