**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Last edited:
NinjaHood : I need help my Afro Latino brother .

You know where I can get a 14k Mariner chain 25 inches in a little over 60 grams ?

Ninja : I'd would take a chance on ebay for a regular mariner, but some sellers don't always sell solid pieces. This one is used, but lighter (even though it's cheaper sarraf)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Italy-14K-S...505708?hash=item236dd49cec:g:AlAAAOSwGXtXhr-r

da scrap price a lil over a G, so this good if u wanna cop it.

Chicks looking dumb and musty.  
That one black girl in front of fab is stupid hot.... 
happy.gif

That is a terrible deal on a old dusty *** chain from a pawn shop.  Scrap is 1024, that chain is 1500. Guarantee you the pawn shop selling it paid no more than 300 dollars when they bought it.  

Pawn shops pay anywhere from a 1/4 to 1/3 of scrap, your bairly getting to 1/2 scrap on 18/22k.

You handle the mossanites, let someone else handle giving advice on the "real" stuff......

That is a terrible deal on a old dusty *** chain from a pawn shop.  Scrap is 1024, that chain is 1500. Guarantee you the pawn shop selling it paid no more than 300 dollars when they bought it.  

Pawn shops pay anywhere from a 1/4 to 1/3 of scrap, your bairly getting to 1/2 scrap on 18/22k.

You handle the mossanites, let someone else handle giving advice on the "real" stuff......

I disagree. I sold a miami cuban of mine last year to a pawn shop and recieved more than the scraps worth. They're ******** who'll take advantage if you let them, so don't. I went in prepared. I knew I was gonna take a loss off what I had originally paid, but I'll be damned if I wasn't leaving with the worth of the gold itself.

Depending on the condition I would definitely buy a used chain if it's close to scrap value and way less than retail. What the pawn shop paid is irrelevant because most likely it was someone who was desperate for Money that got ripped off.

What I don't understand is that gold is a commodity that goes up in value. How do you take a loss when you sell it? Shouldn't you get back what you paid or the value of gold at the time? Depending on the karat & weight it can be melted and reworked.

Gold doesn't always go up, gold was way higher 2011 ish so people who bought then lost value, but at the same time jewelry is a luxury item not an investment.

What I don't understand is that gold is a commodity that goes up in value. How do you take a loss when you sell it? Shouldn't you get back what you paid or the value of gold at the time? Depending on the karat & weight it can be melted and reworked.

when you buy a piece of jewelry, you are also paying for labor cost and price of gold, your only gonna get most of the value of gold back, but never the labor.

500 over scrap is fine...u forgot when u buy new you're paying for labor...even ur jesus piece can see that lol.

Depending on the condition I would definitely buy a used chain if it's close to scrap value and way less than retail. What the pawn shop paid is irrelevant because most likely it was someone who was desperate for Money that got ripped off.

bingo...as long as u know da material value going into a pawn shop, they gonna take a cut off da top but its usually a good deal

I can't speak for anyone else, but Ive made money every time. It's how I've been able to upgrade my jewelry. i just wish gold prices would go back down to sub $1000 an ounce because I'm itching for a massive chain.

How many people have ordered from Rey's Gold? How was your experience? From scrolling through his IG, his work does seem pretty nice, just a little weary since I am out of state, and can't physically walk into a show room.. Please share your experiences with him, including pics if you ordered from him.

I will be ordering Cuban Links from him.

14K, 28 inches

5.5MM, 71 grams

or

6MM, 79 grams

There's about a $300 price difference between the two, wondering if the difference in size is even noticeable to justify the $300 difference.

Also, I'm a beginner when it comes to gold, I'm wondering if I should save even more money and opt for 10K gold instead of 14K? This chain is intended to be worn daily, if that helps.. so I want something that is durable and looks good.

How many people have ordered from Rey's Gold? How was your experience? From scrolling through his IG, his work does seem pretty nice, just a little weary since I am out of state, and can't physically walk into a show room.. Please share your experiences with him, including pics if you ordered from him.

14K, 28 inches

5.5MM, 71 grams

or

6MM, 79 grams

There's about a $300 price difference between the two, wondering if the difference in size is even noticeable to justify the $300 difference.

Also, I'm a beginner when it comes to gold, I'm wondering if I should save even more money and opt for 10K gold instead of 14K? This chain is intended to be worn daily, if that helps.. so I want something that is durable and looks good.
Reys & Daniel are pretty much the go to shops in here for Cubans. Plenty of people have bought from both, out of state and in.

You want 14k or better. 10k is cheaper than 14k and doesn't have as much gold content. If anything you want to save up for a wider chain, 6-8mm.

U don't ever miss your old stuff?

1 piece and one piece only. Diamond cut rope chain 14k gold 25.5 inches and like 288 grams. Bought it for like 2800 and sold it for 4400 I think. It was a choker because I was so fatter back then and I wanted something more like 28-30 inches 400+ grams. At that time I thought I'd find a replacement easy as I was seeing them on eBay a lot above 350 grams for decent prices.

It was a bad move because gold has shot up a lot since then and I miss that stupid chain. Been itching to just bite the bullet and have one made, but I'm trying to resist temptation. I've said a few times here before that gold has a worth, but to me it's not worth much more than $20 a gram for 14k. Who knows when it's ever going to get back to that I have no clue. Maybe never idk. I don't want to pay $35 a gram when the price should be half that.

Last edited:

14K, 28 inches

5.5MM, 71 grams

or

6MM, 79 grams

I purchased from Reys and I'm from outta state.
Great communication and great service and EVEN better product.
I couldn't have been happier with the purchase.

As for the .5mm size difference being noticeable..... (I also think it's more noticeable at smaller mm's IMO) Not by others but it's a big difference for the wearer who sees it daily.
Save for the bigger purchase if that's what you want.
There's nothing like purchasing something and not being completely satisfied.

I purchased from Reys and I'm from outta state.
Great communication and great service and EVEN better product.
I couldn't have been happier with the purchase.

As for the .5mm size difference being noticeable..... (I also think it's more noticeable at smaller mm's IMO) Not by others but it's a big difference for the wearer who sees it daily.
Save for the bigger purchase if that's what you want.
There's nothing like purchasing something and not being completely satisfied.

Reys & Daniel are pretty much the go to shops in here for Cubans. Plenty of people have bought from both, out of state and in.

You want 14k or better. 10k is cheaper than 14k and doesn't have as much gold content. If anything you want to save up for a wider chain, 6-8mm.

Thanks for replying.

Truthfully, 6MM was the biggest I'd go.. I'm not looking for anything flashy.. just something nice to wear daily as an accessory, will be tucked for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom