**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

ya thats the rolex i want but its 9gs and realistically is out of my league... i might just get my pops rolex which he said he would give me is the same as that video but from the 80s but still good condition... i still rather spend the guap on a chain or bracelet instead of a watch but thats just me... still want to cop a rolex though and it has to be that 1 specifically but someday maybe

ya thats the rolex i want but its 9gs and realistically is out of my league... i might just get my pops rolex which he said he would give me is the same as that video but from the 80s but still good condition... i still rather spend the guap on a chain or bracelet instead of a watch but thats just me... still want to cop a rolex though and it has to be that 1 specifically but someday maybe

This one here is like 12.5 I believe...the old DJ II with the oyster band is 9. Gotta have it...plain Jane, black dial, diamond hour markers

I prefer the chains and bracelet over the watch. I don't really like the markup on watches. How much gold is in a $10,000 two tone rolex? Maybe $1k worth?

Last edited:
I prefer the chains and bracelet over the watch. I don't really like the markup on watches. How much gold is in a $10,000 two tone rolex? Maybe $1k worth?

i'm curious on how you came to that number? i'm not a watch guy (owned two in my life).

Are any pieces of jewelry really worth what we pay for it? Lol...they are luxury items...not necessities.

You're paying for the name, the reputation of the company and movement inside the watch. Rolex has said it takes them 1 year to make a watch.

You gotta look for deals, and 10k for a two tone sub is pricy unless its brand new from Rolex, but even then who cops at retail anyway?
And people are paying 10k+ for a civil war era day date with a hollow bracelet smh
Deals on old new stock/ near new can be found, patience is key but I do agree too many people are paying too much for washed day dates with the lean back bracelet. 

used gold breitlings are closer to material costs.
Idk about that, I know some of those solid 18k joints hit like 300 grams but thats with the movement included if I'm not mistaken. And they're ugly AF!

Going back and forth between the two tone Datejust II black dial Arabic numbers or a two tone submariner, blue face blue dial.  

Back
Top Bottom