**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

anybody know what the going price per gram is for 10k and 14k miami cubans after the whole brexit? Rey or Daniels gone up? Thanks.

I say get the DJ II...if you cop the Sub, get the black face/dial. Never been a fan of the blue for some reason. Maybe because I used to cop whips from this slimy auction dealer and he had one lol. theconnect theconnect

those aint rolex diamonds.... 

when these "jewelers" flood classic watches with "diamonds" it totally ruins it

it's like putting a aftermarket body kit on a ferrari

Last edited:
cool story from kitco.com. sort of

http://www.kitco.com/news/2016-07-21/Only-283-Worth-Of-Gold-In-Rio-Olympic-Medal.html

[h1]Only $250 Worth Of Gold In Rio Olympic Medal[/h1]
Thursday July 21, 2016 11:51

(Kitco News) - The 2016 Summer Olympics are just two weeks away with athletes from all over the world gearing up to compete for the top title: the gold medal.

Surprisingly though, the coveted prize, created by the Brazilian Mint, barely has any gold in it and is almost entirely made of silver.

According to Victor Hugo Criado Berbert, production manager of the Olympic medals at the mint, the medals are only about 1.2% gold.

Speaking with Kitco News Thursday, he said the gold prize is made up of 494g of silver and only 6g of gold. However, to give the medal its lustrous look, Berbert explained that a gold-plated layer was added on top of it at the end of the process.

Meanwhile, the second place medal is made entirely of 92.5% pure silver.

Nearly 100g heavier than the 2012 London Olympic medals, Berbert noted that the 2016 Rio Olympic medals weigh 500g each.

At current prices, with gold trading roughly at $42.80 a gram and silver at $0.63 a gram, the gold medal is worth US$568.02. The silver medal is worth about $315.

However, it is difficult to put a price tag on the intrinsic value of these exclusive sporting awards; not to mention the potential endorsement and sponsorship deals worth millions a lot of the Olympic medalists get post-Olympic games.

The third prize Bronze medal, Berbert continued, contains 475g of 93.7% pure copper and 25g of 3% pure zinc. All three medals are 85mm in diameter, 11mm high in the center and 6mm high on the edges, he added.

Berbert's team, responsible for making the medals, consists of about 100 workers, 80 of which are working around the clock. "Engineers, designers, artists, managers, and 80 people working in shifts 24 hours a day," he said.

Of course, he added, this wasn't an opportunity the Brazilian Mint was going to pass up. "When the country [and Olympic Committee] asked us if we could make them, we said 'the Olympic medal? Let's try it!' he exclaimed.

In total, the Brazilian Mint used almost 172 ounces of gold to create 812 gold medals; at the same time, more than 1.6 tonnes of silver was used in the gold medals and the 812 silver medals made. That amounts to over $228,000 worth of gold and over $1 million worth of silver at current prices.

The 2016 Summer Olympics will be held in Rio de Janieiro, Brazil from August 5 to August 21.

By Sarah Benali of Kitco News

Last edited:

My current watches:

36mm Rolex Day Date 18083
41mm Rolex Date Just ll 116334

Nice

My current watches:

36mm Rolex Day Date 18083
41mm Rolex Date Just ll 116334
Nice watches
Thanks folks.

Going back and forth between the two tone Datejust II black dial Arabic numbers or a two tone submariner, blue face blue dial.  
The grey/green dial two tone dj 2 is flames peep if you haven't already. 

depends, if the jeweler is like a novitec then its not so bad and more of a matter of preference than craftsmanship

Few additions to my silver collection. Baby jp from if and silver/diamond cross from my local jeweler
Wow man I was interested in that ifandco baby Jesus as well but was going back and forth between that one and the micro.  What are the specs? grams, solid back? What's the biggest chain the bail will accept I have a solid diamond cut silver rope 7mm that I want to use.  More pics would be appreciated, what does it look like worn?  Are you happy with the purchase?  Also mad props on the piece!

Last edited:

No stunting at all. If you dont currently own it now, dont bring it into and argument about whos jewels are more valuable then post memes as if that validates it.   You said it not me.  

100 Jerseys and 400 kicks huh?  I converted my spot back in florida into a duplex.   I have both sides rented with real live people who pay rent every month.  I drive my old school the same 25 mile circuit every sunday im in town. We are about the same age......  See the difference?

A 500 gram cuban is give or take $10k correct.  I make roughly $10k a month before my bonus and my expenses are less than $1500 a month.  Even if I didnt have the cash right now, it would take me any more than a month and a half to put together 10 racks.

Like I said.  If I wanted one RIGHT now, I would have it.  I dont want it.  Im not arguing theory, im arguing facts.  You said your imaginary chain and jesus is worth more than all my set ups.  

Take it back:smile:

[thread="127594"]Quote:[/thread]

Going back and forth between the two tone Datejust II black dial Arabic numbers or a two tone submariner, blue face blue dial.  

Never been a fan of the fluted bezel's but that jawn is MEAN. Gonna have to do the knowledge on a used one.

Last edited:

Phx.

-I travel 2-3 weeks out if every month so I suspend everything while I'm away.

I drive to Tucson when I work there. I expense my mileage which pays my car payment every other month.

-Put down half on my car so my payment is low and I have a perfect driving record with super low insurance

-Per diem of $75 per day while I'm out in the field. I tend to by groceries for the week and ship all the dry goods home when I head back so I never buy groceries with the exception of milk, water, and what little meat I eat.

-I cut my own hair

-Cell phone is a company phone

-No kids, no girlfriend, just random wherever I travel and I use mybper diem to take them out to eat.

-My other spot in Tampa is rented out. I make 500 over the mortgage which I use to pay half the mortgage at my primary residence.

Last edited:

Anyone know where I can get a Cuban ankh pendant from? Looking for something weighing 8-15 grams. I've looked on eBay but dudes are charging $100 a gram for those type of pieces..

Indeed. Anything more than the dial is basura.

Phx.

-I travel 2-3 weeks out if every month so I suspend everything while I'm away.

I drive to Tucson when I work there. I expense my mileage which pays my car payment every other month.

-Put down half on my car so my payment is low and I have a perfect driving record with super low insurance

-Per diem of $75 per day while I'm out in the field. I tend to by groceries for the week and ship all the dry goods home when I head back so I never buy groceries with the exception of milk, water, and what little meat I eat.

-I cut my own hair

-Cell phone is a company phone

-No kids, no girlfriend, just random wherever I travel and I use mybper diem to take them out to eat.

-My other spot in Tampa is rented out. I make 500 over the mortgage which I use to pay half the mortgage at my primary residence.

It'd be wack otherwise, it's like wearing Ferrari jacket but your car is a Camaro

not true lol...
thats like saying you can't rock authentic jerseys unless you're in da NBA...

my whole point is Breitling watches made outta solid gold are 1. not ugly 2. are closer to material cost than say a Rolex which you are paying a premium for that intrinsic value of that brand.

my whole point is Breitling watches made outta solid gold are 1. not ugly 2. are closer to material cost than say a Rolex which you are paying a premium for that intrinsic value of that brand.

Ain't nothing on the east coast for me anymore. 250k in Arizona buys you a upgraded loft or townhouse right off oldtown Scottsdale in the middle of everything.

Nope, it's cake. Sr manager. I do regulatory inspections and site audits on the non dispensing pharmacies the company I work for owns in PHX Tucson and Tampa. Same thing the board of pharmacy does when they do random and yearly inspections.

Very low maintenance, all my employees are pharmacists or pharmacist techs

Most of the time I'm chillin in my office. Should take me a week to do each site and I'm doing them in 4 -8 hours now and coolin the rest of the week.

Last edited:

I aint never agreed with this cat before but this is a fact.  The only reason im not going with a Bentley on a rubber strap is because its too over the top for daily wear.  I had a trade for the 3 breitlings I currently own plus $5k in cash on a rose gold bently on a rubber strap and I passed  on it.   

Mid 2000s gold breitling are winning over these ancient date justs and day dates any day in my book. Im going with the two tone datejust 2 primarily on the gaudiness factor and I know I can get the full value back when I trade up in a few years.  

Ain't nothing on the east coast for me anymore. 250k in Arizona buys you a upgraded loft or townhouse right off oldtown Scottsdale in the middle of everything.

Nope, it's cake. Sr manager. I do regulatory inspections and site audits on the non dispensing pharmacies the company I work for owns in PHX Tucson and Tampa. Same thing the board of pharmacy does when they do random and yearly inspections.

Very low maintenance, all my employees are pharmacists or pharmacist techs

Most of the time I'm chillin in my office. Should take me a week to do each site and I'm doing them in 4 -8 hours now and coolin the rest of the week.

[thread="127594"]Quote:[/thread]

Never been a fan of the fluted bezel's but that jawn is MEAN. Gonna have to do the knowledge on a used one.

I'm the opposite I love the fluted bezels.

Just keep an eye out on eBay to see what prices are like. To me eBay really determines the market for prices. That and bobswatches.com

Bobs shows what price they are usually willing to buy the watch for. Based off that I will determine how much other watch sellers paid and make an offer.

Here's an example.

Btw I was in a watch shop and saw the Internet sales guy using bobs to price their stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom