**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

A Rolex should speak for itself. Someone took the time to design it so going and adding after market junk just cancels out the original watch. From experience most white adults especially women (Especially in North America) think any yellow gold jewelry on a man is tacky and gives off the "Used car salesman" look. 
LOL, nah, the white girls love my set up.  
Maybe. I'm just saying in general. Most decent girls will prefer a small silver/white gold chain with a small charm on a man over a yellow gold one any day. 

Yellow Gold is looked down upon by women?

Never knew this.

Where can I get one of those 1970 Rolex's you speak of sir?

can confirm , only thotties like the yellow gold 
roll.gif
 ................most of the time obviously not everyone is the same........my cuban ex likes the gold and especially my cuban link & san lazaro ( traditional in our parents country/households ) ........black & white girls say i look ghetto 
indifferent.gif

I think the issue with rolexes is not the watch, its the owners. They think a rolex gives them some type of super power. Its not enough for them to own a rolex, everyone in the room needs to know it 

If they are not fake, then they are old as dirt.  These clowns are really out here paying top dollar for rolexes manufactured in the 1960's.

Anytime I see someone with a rolex on I suddenly get the urge to yell one of two things.  Its either:

Your watch is old as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

or

Your watch is fake as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Why you mad though? I bought a used 1978 Oysterdate Precision for my 19th birthday. Literally only my closest friends know I have a Rolex.

Not every Rolex owner is some douchebag who feels the need to show off 24/7.

I only paid a couple grand for mine, hardly top dollar.

Last edited:
Why you mad though? I bought a used 1978 Oysterdate Precision for my 19th birthday. Literally only my closest friends know I have a Rolex.
From where?

You mean like this, lol. 31 total diamonds. 

Center diamond sits in floating bezel.  

Look at the face of the center diamond on the side view
nthat.gif
smokin.gif
nice i have 2 rings very similar 1 with baguettes 14k 12 grams yellow gold of course i dont mess wit white gold hate it looks like silver to people, I also have   another ring like yours nugget style 14k gold 11.0 grams usally my daily light day setup  wear is my 14k gold 12 gram baguettes ring pinky 14k Cuban 30grams 28inch and a TAG watch

Maybe. I'm just saying in general. Most decent girls will prefer a small silver/white gold chain with a small charm on a man over a yellow gold one any day. 
LOl, 

can confirm , only thotties like the yellow gold 
roll.gif
 ................most of the time obviously not everyone is the same........my cuban ex likes the gold and especially my cuban link & san lazaro ( traditional in our parents country/households ) ........black & white girls say i look ghetto 
indifferent.gif

I guess thats it.  Its mostly hispanics out in these parts.  All jokes aside, its about the type of jewelry.  If you are rocking a full rubied out angry birds pendant on a 40 inch chain with the Joe Rodeo fully iced out watch, thats where you get into trouble. 

Post a pic when you get a chance.
Snapped this quick with my iPhone. All original parts aside from the movement which has been serviced a few times.

Probably need to get my dial cleaned soon. It's a 36mm in stainless steel and yes my wrists are that small.

I was thinking of maybe getting a new dial, something more colorful.

Last edited:

I didnt realize I would touch so many peoples feelings with that old watch comment.  If thats what you want, cool.  It doesnt change the fact that most of these Rolexes you see people rocking are fake or they are literally 40 year old watches with a fresh polish.  

Last edited:

I didnt realize I would touch so many peoples feelings with that old watch comment.  If thats what you want, cool.  It doesnt change the fact that most of these Rolexes you see people rocking are fake or they are literally 40 year old watches with a fresh polish.  
You're not much different than what you're accusing people of.

How is looking down on people with old watches any different than rolex owners looking down on those who don't have/can't afford one?

Both are elitist attitudes.

Last edited:
Snapped this quick with my iPhone. All original parts aside from the movement which has been serviced a few times.
Probably need to get my dial cleaned soon. It's a 36mm in stainless steel and yes my wrists are that small.

Nice pickup man. The band looks like its gotten loose have u looked into getting it toghtended up? A few shops will do it for a reasonable price.

Also to the guy below.if a rolex is 40 years old who cares?is there something wrong with rocking a vintage watch? Things change over time and people have certain tastes. Do you question folks who cop classic cars as well lol.funny part is i dont think he evens knows how to define what rela vs fake is when it comes to rolexes. Smh

Last edited:

You're not much different than what you're accusing people of.

How is looking down on people with old watches any different than rolex owners looking down on those who don't have/can't afford one?

Both are elitist attitudes.
Yikes.......

Like I said, cats out here flossing with 40-60 year old watches on or they are just flat out fake. 

Carrying on.....

Nice pickup man. The band looks like its gotten loose have u looked into getting it toghtended up? A few shops will do it for a reasonable price.

Also to the guy below.if a rolex is 40 years old who cares?is there something wrong with rocking a vintage watch? Things change over time and people have certain tastes. Do you question folks who cop classic cars as well lol.funny part is i dont think he evens knows how to define what rela vs fake is when it comes to rolexes. Smh
Nothing wrong with a 60 year old watch but dont be out here flossing like you have a rose gold 2015 day date II.  That watch above looks like it would disintegrate if dropped. 

A classic car and a antique rolex are two different things.  

Its not very difficult to spot a fake rolex.........

Nothing wrong with a 60 year old watch but dont be out here flossing like you have a rose gold 2015 day date II.  That watch above looks like it would disintegrate if dropped. 

A classic car and a antique rolex are two different things.  

Its not very difficult to spot a fake rolex.........
Nobody in here is flossing like that though. 

These luxury watches are ripoffs to me in my opinion. $10-20k for stainless steel watches? That's like trying to sell me a luxury car with cloth seats and roll up windows but yea, the engine is hand made, whoopty doo, it does the same thing as that Hyundai over there.

These luxury watches are ripoffs to me in my opinion. $10-20k for stainless steel watches? That's like trying to sell me a luxury car with cloth seats and roll up windows but yea, the engine is hand made, whoopty doo, it does the same thing as that Hyundai over there.
It's the same principle as luxury clothing. You're partially paying for the best quality but you're also paying a large amount for the brand prestige that comes with it.

That's just how it works.

Back
Top Bottom