**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Might head out to the diamond district here in LA to check out some chains. Should I expect to pay/haggle down to 30/gram there too?
Nope. A bunch of them will barely budge on the price in my experience. I had to ask my jeweler to go and grab it for me 
laugh.gif

Might head out to the diamond district here in LA to check out some chains. Should I expect to pay/haggle down to 30/gram there too?

Nope. A bunch of them will barely budge on the price in my experience. I had to ask my jeweler to go and grab it for me 
laugh.gif
One of our guys is out in LA. If you ever need anything he can do private appointments. As far as price, I'm sure we can beat $30/g 
happy.gif
 PM what length and width and we can get you an accurate quote. 

What other pieces are there?  After buying MANY misc chains and pendants I decided a couple of years ago that I was going to hunt and save for the specific pieces I have ALWAYS wanted and stop settling on something similar and cheaper
Yea, I was on the same thing. Got three diamond pieces and chains but now I want timeless.. For me it's that cubano

Anybody in here do 10 kt chains? Or does everybody do 14 kt. I'm going with 14 kt but I'm just curious at differences in quality and color. They say 10 kt is more durable but i guess that's to be expected with less gold.

Anybody in here do 10 kt chains? Or does everybody do 14 kt. I'm going with 14 kt but I'm just curious at differences in quality and color. They say 10 kt is more durable but i guess that's to be expected with less gold.
10k, 14k and 18K:

but now that gold has been down compared to other years I Think you should only do 14k and up and 18k and up if there's no stones

Last edited:
18k is noticeably brighter and yellower

You can have three different 14k chains in front of you and they all be different colors.

Last edited:
I disagree, depending on the light conditions.  I say if someone who's not a girl is looking long and hard enough to be able to tell what karat gold you have on it's time to move to some place a bit safer or to get outta dodge or whatever completely.  You've gotta watch out for girls too though, obviously.

Last edited:
14k pendant with a 10k chain. 14k onyx ring & 10k signet ring. They look exactly the same in person. 18k i start noticing that rich gold color. It also depends who makes it. 

Last edited:

14k pendant with a 10k chain. 14k onyx ring & 10k signet ring. They look exactly the same in person. 18k i start noticing that rich gold color. It also depends who makes it. 
you may be right; I found this old 18k yellow charm on fleabay once.  In the pictures it was yellow but when it arrived it looked like real dark rose gold I guess, kinda hard to explain.  It looked really cool. When I asked the seller about it they were like we don't know nothin and we don't clean nothin.  A jeweler who tested it and put a jump ring or whatever on it polished all that off though and it's now back to being all yellow.  Decades or maybe just a few years of patina down the drain.  Anyways, I think this happens with alloys that are probably considered lower quality.  The yellow Cartier stuff I have, I don't always even keep in some airtight thing when I'm not wearing it and they've stayed the same color for awhile now.  This makes sense to me cause Cartier might use an alloy that's higher quality in terms of staying yellow.  Then again maybe not cause I have some white gold Cartier stuff and I think it's a white gold mix with nickel and I've heard of their rose gold pieces turning yellowish.  (final edit like a couple days later cause the whole wall of text was in the quote thing)

Last edited:
you may be right; I found this old 18k yellow charm on fleabay once.  In the pictures it was yellow but when it arrived it looked like real dark rose gold I guess, kinda hard to explain.  It looked really cool. When I asked the seller about it they were like we don't know nothin and we don't clean nothin.  A jeweler who tested it and put a jump ring or whatever on it polished all that off though and it's now back to being all yellow.  Decades or maybe just a few years of patina down the drain.  Anyways, I think this happens with alloys that are probably considered lower quality.  The yellow Cartier stuff I have, I don't always even keep in some airtight thing when I'm not wearing it and they've stayed the same color for awhile now.  This makes sense to me cause Cartier might use an alloy that's higher quality in terms of staying yellow.  Then again maybe not cause I have some white gold Cartier stuff and I think it's a white gold mix with nickel and I've heard of their rose gold pieces turning yellowish.
Cartier and Tiffany probably use higher quality alloys than your average jeweler. Also alot of jewelers will plate their 10k and 14k jewelry with 18k gold to make it look a richer yellow.

As for the 10k gold discussion, if i get something made in 10k gold i tell the jeweler with all due respect that i'm going to get it tested when he's done so please make sure it tests 10k or over because if it tests 9.5k than guess what, it's not gold. 

Last edited:
When I upgrade my 6mm Cuban I've been thinking about going to 18k. It just looks much better to me. I'm either going with 7 or 7.5mm and those prices :x lol

I gotta stop messing around and find somewhere to go in Boston. There's a few places in my area but I'm not even sure how legit they would be. Both have been there as long as I can remember (I'm 23) so they seem good

It's officially jacket/long sleeve season now so here's my true test of I'm going to lose this bracelet or not :lol: *knock on wood* hope not!

Last edited:
@Icebox clean bezel on the roly! Almost looks factory.. I like that!

@Goldensun that piece is crazy clean.. do the fingers on the outside move? They look like they're cast separate

When I upgrade my 6mm Cuban I've been thinking about going to 18k. It just looks much better to me. I'm either going with 7 or 7.5mm and those prices :x lol

I gotta stop messing around and find somewhere to go in Boston. There's a few places in my area but I'm not even sure how legit they would be. Both have been there as long as I can remember (I'm 23) so they seem good

It's officially jacket/long sleeve season now so here's my true test of I'm going to lose this bracelet or not :lol: *knock on wood* hope not!

They all suck. Mr e and prenda all overpriced and suck.

Anyone know any good sites that sell pre owned rolex's? Looking for a two tone with diamonds in the face, around 1990-1995.

Like this

Back
Top Bottom