**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I agree with this, just cause a stone is clear and sparkly does not mean it's trying to be a diamond, diamonds don't hold a copyright on being sparkly and clear.  There are diamonds, lab made diamonds, moissanite, zircon, cubic zirconia, white sapphire, white topaz, herkimer diamond, quartz and crystal, all of these stones look sparkly and clear some are man made some are naturally occuring.  Moissanite does out perform diamonds on many levels except hardness.  When AAAAA CZ's look better than most peoples real diamonds what really is the point..  I think the point is to be sparkly and clear.  Another ridiculous aspect of diamonds is that the more pure, clear, and without inclusions a stone is, the higher its value yet due to lab made diamonds which are atomically identical to natural diamonds (note lab made diamonds arent CZ's they are real diamonds made of carbon by man) they protect the value of a real diamond by laser inscribing a serial on the girdle of the stone technically defacing it's pureness...  Some lab made diamonds are purposefully made with inclusions so they can be passed off as real.  Lab made diamonds will pass a lot of diamond testers too, you need a fluorescence tester to find a lab made stone, so there is a chance that many guys are rocking bust down Cubans with lab made diamonds in them.  The highest quality of lab made diamonds are type IIa which are so pure lacking any impurities such as nitrogen, less than 2% of naturally made diamonds can match their purity.  All that being said, what's so special about diamonds other than the price cause they aren't all that rare, and as far as looks go Moissanite is flashier... but if you still want a diamond, a lab made one can save you some money look up Gemesis. Diamonds are all marketing

TLDR diamonds are kinda meh...
LMAO. OK.  Im stick with this 1.5 ct lasers stud set up and yall can have that fufu. I bet if you have that garbage on and someone asks you if its real, your not going to say its real mossinite or a real lab diamond.  Neither are natually occuring......

Mossanite is flashier and lab made is cheaper.  Cheaper than what?  Flashier than what?

Thats all you had to say.  Point made.

Last edited:
tumblr_n0lkp0jNir1qclsa6o1_500.png

Nah you right, that joint he gave Cole was definitely heftier

I agree with this, just cause a stone is clear and sparkly does not mean it's trying to be a diamond, diamonds don't hold a copyright on being sparkly and clear.  There are diamonds, lab made diamonds, moissanite, zircon, cubic zirconia, white sapphire, white topaz, herkimer diamond, quartz and crystal, all of these stones look sparkly and clear some are man made some are naturally occuring.  Moissanite does out perform diamonds on many levels except hardness.  When AAAAA CZ's look better than most peoples real diamonds what really is the point..  I think the point is to be sparkly and clear.  Another ridiculous aspect of diamonds is that the more pure, clear, and without inclusions a stone is, the higher its value yet due to lab made diamonds which are atomically identical to natural diamonds (note lab made diamonds arent CZ's they are real diamonds made of carbon by man) they protect the value of a real diamond by laser inscribing a serial on the girdle of the stone technically defacing it's pureness...  Some lab made diamonds are purposefully made with inclusions so they can be passed off as real.  Lab made diamonds will pass a lot of diamond testers too, you need a fluorescence tester to find a lab made stone, so there is a chance that many guys are rocking bust down Cubans with lab made diamonds in them.  The highest quality of lab made diamonds are type IIa which are so pure lacking any impurities such as nitrogen, less than 2% of naturally made diamonds can match their purity.  All that being said, what's so special about diamonds other than the price cause they aren't all that rare, and as far as looks go Moissanite is flashier... but if you still want a diamond, a lab made one can save you some money look up Gemesis. Diamonds are all marketing

TLDR diamonds are kinda meh...

LMAO. OK.  Im stick with this 1.5 ct lasers stud set up and yall can have that fufu. I bet if you have that garbage on and someone asks you if its real, your not going to say its real mossinite or a real lab diamond.  Neither are natually occuring......

Mossanite is flashier and lab made is cheaper.  Cheaper than what?  Flashier than what?

Thats all you had to say.  Point made.

I tell everyone about moissanite, cuz 9/10 times they never heard of it.

And moissanite IS naturally occurring.. Its called silicon carbide.

Abd lab made diamonds are indistinguishable from mined diamonds.

We in 2016 b, you can turn dead people into precious stones now :lol:

Ninja.... 

Point me where to get some moissonites at.... 

This whole diamond talk, we've gone through it. It's a worthless stone marketed to us idiots as something valuable. When I got my wifes engagement ring, a certain "certfied store" in the seybold building was charging me 7k for just the stone and another 2500 for the setting. I shopped around and bought a used stone, got it checked out and it was ALMOST similar to the one i was gonna buy for 7k.... I ended up paying 2k for it and another 2k for the setting. The same jeweler who sold me the 2k stone (1 ct. exactly) wanted to sell me a 2 ct. tear drop diamond for the same price but i refused b/c I only like round diamonds. Reason being why it was so cheap is bc this guy isn't in the diamond business... he's in the ring setting business but comes up on stones from time to time and sells them quick. 

Had I had to do it differently, I would've gotten her a moissonite instead. 

My wifes ring appraised at 5k but a jeweler told me straight up I couldn't get no more than 2500 for the 4k I spent on it. 

at the end of the day its all preference on what you believe in and what you want. 

Ninja.... 

This whole diamond talk, we've gone through it. It's a worthless stone marketed to us idiots as something valuable. When I got my wifes engagement ring, a certain "certfied store" in the seybold building was charging me 7k for just the stone and another 2500 for the setting. I shopped around and bought a used stone, got it checked out and it was ALMOST similar to the one i was gonna buy for 7k.... I ended up paying 2k for it and another 2k for the setting. The same jeweler who sold me the 2k stone (1 ct. exactly) wanted to sell me a 2 ct. tear drop diamond for the same price but i refused b/c I only like round diamonds. Reason being why it was so cheap is bc this guy isn't in the diamond business... he's in the ring setting business but comes up on stones from time to time and sells them quick. 

My wifes ring appraised at 5k but a jeweler told me straight up I couldn't get no more than 2500 for the 4k I spent on it. 

at the end of the day its all preference on what you believe in and what you want. 

At least the diamond you bought has resell value, a moissanite has no resell value

If resell value is you guys knock against buying diamonds than buying a moissanite makes even less cent$

Last edited:
A jacob jesus is a baller piece of Jewelry.  Oxymoron to be rocking Moissonites with a $20-$30k chain on.  Wack to me, cool to you.  Im good with that.    

I put buying jewery a step above buying a car ... You'll almost never make your money back .. But if you buy your Jewerly based on resale your already losing .... Me personally I'll never sell my Jewerly period that Jewerly is for my daughter 20 years from now when i give it to her if she wanna sell it she might make the money back who knows

Ninja.... 

http://manhattanmoissanite.com/

You see em in person and you'll be sold.

Ninja.... 

At least the diamond you bought has resell value, a moissanite has no resell value

If resell value is you guys knock against buying diamonds than buying a moissanite makes even less cent$

Make no mistake about it, you're losing WAAY more money on da reselling of your diamonds then buyin and sellin da exact same sized moissanite stone.

Take a idk, 1 karat total weight set of diamond studs..we'll use VS1 since that moissanite rates on comparison.

Let's say you drop 2k on a pair...you wont see 3/4th of that if u try to sell em.

Had u bought a 1 karat total weight moissanite set of studs da price u initially spend on em, even if u dont make a red cent on da resell (which is impossible) is STILL less money then da whole diamond transaction

I see ninjahood point more flash Less cash. And that's all good. But bro why would u wanna sell your Jesus piece u saved for for like 10 years ? You wouldn't that Jesus piece you own is special

Diamonds are a rip off but they are special because they are mined from the earth. Lab made just isn't sexy.

Last edited:
I put buying jewery a step above buying a car ... You'll almost never make your money back .. But if you buy your Jewerly based on resale your already losing .... Me personally I'll never sell my Jewerly period that Jewerly is for my daughter 20 years from now when i give it to her if she wanna sell it she might make the money back who knows

I'd come back from the grave and smack my daughter if she tried selling the Tito

I see ninjahood point more flash Less cash. And that's all good. But bro why would u wanna sell your Jesus piece u saved for for like 10 years ? You wouldn't that Jesus piece you own is special

Who said im selling my piece? :lol:

And when it comes to da jacob mold, in particular, that extra intrinsic value means it has a built in floor of value.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dboss92  
would it be alright if I copped a sterling silver jesus piece?
If it's straight silver why not, Everyone wanna act like Silver isn't a precious noble metal.  Just wait till silver spot price rises into the hundreds and maybe even thousands per ounce then everyone gonna be bragging about their silver... watch, but by that time the price will be out of reach for a lot of people.  Now is a great time for silver!

Last edited:
Why do lab created diamonds cost way more than real diamonds ?

They don't. A 1ct lab diamond is like 2k but will have better clarity than a 1ct mined diamond which is going to be like $3k. Don't quote me on prices though.

Originally Posted by dboss92 

If it's straight silver why not, Everyone wanna act like Silver isn't a precious noble metal.  Just wait till silver spot price rises into the hundreds and maybe even thousands per ounce then everyone gonna be bragging about their silver... watch, but by that time the price will be out of reach for a lot of people.  Now is a great time for silver!

And by that time all of us with gold will be bragging about our $100k chains

Back
Top Bottom