**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I can dig Johnny ain't yall cup of tea..I get it! Show the jewelers u support. I was just posting a piece. I like it because of the clutter. Coulda been executed better but original..l'd rather see this than a Tito imo

It's not that Johnny is not our cup of tea it's more of being educated when it comes to those types of jewelers and the quality, price and experience involved.

I'm definitely on board with with the originality aspect, but when it comes to buying a high priced piece of jewelry anything custom is an awful idea. Fun to look at, but unless I'm getting Mayweather money not something I would do.

It's not that Johnny is not our cup of tea it's more of being educated when it comes to those types of jewelers and the quality, price and experience involved.
I agree. U gotta know wht ur buying. In my experience ur limited in the hood. It was either zales and Kay's or middle of the mall. U could do a big name jeweler and get charged a high premium and still won't get ur money back when u trade. I know because I've done it all! That's how i found this thread.. turnin over rocks lookin for ther best Cuban. If u had it like that I woulda found u!! Any jeweler can "up" their game and I've seen LAX even wit a bad piece but u gotta work within ur budget! My wedding ring from Johnny was half the price of local boutiques for better overall specs! I just so happen to have a potna from the Nawf 🤟🏾 and put me on Johnny but I just like seein jewelry. Less long posts like this and more IG pictures!!

I personally like seeing custom pieces posted instead of the same 3 things over and over. Some of the ideas I’ve been seeing people come up with have been fire and some have been awful tho. Still dope to see.

Also most people shopping with Johnny are the street/hood dudes. They’ll come in drop 10-15k on a custom piece and don’t care about trading it in or scrapping it.My uncle still got his same jewels from the 90s he wear every holiday szn.

I agree. U gotta know wht ur buying. In my experience ur limited in the hood. It was either zales and Kay's or middle of the mall. U could do a big name jeweler and get charged a high premium and still won't get ur money back when u trade. I know because I've done it all! That's how i found this thread.. turnin over rocks lookin for ther best Cuban. If u had it like that I woulda found u!! Any jeweler can "up" their game and I've seen LAX even wit a bad piece but u gotta work within ur budget! My wedding ring from Johnny was half the price of local boutiques for better overall specs! I just so happen to have a potna from the Nawf 🤟🏾 and put me on Johnny but I just like seein jewelry. Less long posts like this and more IG pictures!!
I’m from Houston. King Johnny been in the game a loooong time and does good work. You get what you pay for.

Yea King Johnny is a legend. Every time I hear his name 1st thing that pops my head is this dope Lil Flip H-Town jersey joint.

14nzjag.jpg

I got mine custom made about a decade ago. Never getting rid of it.

I know you probably posted but what did you get made? To me coustom is the best jewelry out its one of one. That is why I hate when you see a cool idea and and all the jewelers copy it.

I understand what you mean. Yall did not have a lot of hood jewelry stores in missouri back in the day?
Got to admit I love middle of mall corner hood spot jewlery the coustom pendents always come out crude and kind of off and I love it 😆 🤣 it just reminds me of dudes getting $ in the streets back when I was a kid.

The price of gold is so unpredictable - the same people that where writing gold was going to be at $2300 + are now saying it’s going to drop below $1800. Nobody knows for sure what’s going to happen - Unless you’re buying 24k or bullion, the current price of gold won’t matter much. I was looking to get a new 24k Cuban - I would have paid $600-$900 more if I pulled the trigger Tuesday as opposed to getting it today.

All his jewelry I seen on that video looked real cheap and poor quality. If he paid what he said he got finessed
Of course he didn’t pay what he said. And like bleed05 bleed05 said u get what u pay for. King Johnny is a real jeweler. He has been around since forever in the flea market. If u start talkin gold weight and diamond specs and have your bag right he will treat you and charge you accordingly. And back in them days those big colorful pieces were the wave. Rappers were paying stupid prices for color treated diamonds.

I know you probably posted but what did you get made? To me coustom is the best jewelry out its one of one. That is why I hate when you see a cool idea and and all the jewelers copy it.

I understand what you mean. Yall did not have a lot of hood jewelry stores in missouri back in the day?
Got to admit I love middle of mall corner hood spot jewlery the coustom pendents always come out crude and kind of off and I love it 😆 🤣 it just reminds me of dudes getting $ in the streets back when I was a kid.
Nothing crazy or mad intricate, but i viewed it as a pendant that ill keep for ever. Simple.

Got it out of storage. About 2inches, including the bale.

20201103_165203.jpg
20201103_165151.jpg

Thinking 26in? Not sure about thickness. Any inputs?

They’ll come in drop 10-15k on a custom piece and don’t care about trading it in or scrapping it.My uncle still got his same jewels from the 90s he wear every holiday szn.
Most of my stuff is from 97-04.. and that's when I wear my joints 🤣 I used to be on BS. My squad had rollies, custom chains etc ridin Chevy and AC legends 🤣
I jumped off summer 92..i was 11👌🏾bought my first silver mariner when I was 13! Bought my first 14k gold rope and small STL piece from like Kay's in 96! We had and still have hella hood jewelers and middle mall jokers. In 97 i was 16..i went to power up so I went to Kay's to trade..they dont trade. Went middle mall and traded for a 14k cross and just been buying stuff ever since. I knew a couple jewelers real close and they would hit me when dudes wouldn't finish paying on custom pieces and I'd slide in! I got into buying scrap once I stopped doin dumb s***and got a job.

Back
Top Bottom