**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Last year I really wanted the GFK jesus. I kept bugging TommyJewels on IG. I get that he's a busy dude with heavy in-store presence. But damn, I got maybe 1 reply for the 3-4 times I tried getting a hold of him. I asked him for a price, he gave it and I said I wanted to buy - crickets. Gave up on it since and went with my coin pendant.

Did you try calling him? I found that reaching out on IG/text, regardless of the jeweler, was hit or miss. Ended up just calling around the last time I got quotes and had all the info I needed in a couple minutes

When you guys say everyday wear..do you mean on ya neck 24/7? Or only when you out?

my daily is a 8mm but I don’t wear it when I’m home.

**** I havent had a chain in prob 6 or 7 years. Had a Jesus piece on a 26" figaro lol I didnt take that thing off (not even in my home). Still waiting on my Cuban from Leons but guessing it'll prob stay on more than off, but we'll have to see how it goes.

Hmmm.... you’ve never gave me bad information lol. Might cop soon then. Good look as always. Any recommendations on a place to get scratches buffed out of my ring? Or a DIY way
Take it to any Jewlery shop n they should be able to clean it. I wouldn’t buff it unless it has heavy scratches throughout the chain.

When you guys say everyday wear..do you mean on ya neck 24/7? Or only when you out?

my daily is a 8mm but I don’t wear it when I’m home.
U got it right. There is 24/7 wear and then casual wear.
it’s all relative but to me I tried the 6mm dolo n it was easy to take care of but did become annoying when showering n sometimes sleep. I also tried a 2-4mm rope and after 2mm it was kinda annoying so I would say 1-2mm for 24/7 wear. But that’s me and I have had done the 6mm for months on and it wasn’t too bad but that means it’s just not a 24/7 day thing for me.

I rock a 9mm 24/7 and it never bothers me none I would go 10mm max tho. Rocked a 4mm rope befor that by far the rope is the most comfortable all day never take off joint. Also if you wearing all day I would go no lock just over the head. I got to work to get my 26in on and off over the head but I wanted it that way so I don't lose it in the water when I'm at the beach.

I rock a 9mm 24/7 and it never bothers me none I would go 10mm max tho. Rocked a 4mm rope befor that by far the rope is the most comfortable all day never take off joint. Also if you wearing all day I would go no lock just over the head. I got to work to get my 26in on and off over the head but I wanted it that way so I don't lose it in the water when I'm at the beach.
Interesting. So you have no lock at all? I’d be afraid I size it wrong lol

Last year I really wanted the GFK jesus. I kept bugging TommyJewels on IG. I get that he's a busy dude with heavy in-store presence. But damn, I got maybe 1 reply for the 3-4 times I tried getting a hold of him. I asked him for a price, he gave it and I said I wanted to buy - crickets. Gave up on it since and went with my coin pendant.
I hit him up for a quote as well and never got anything **** at least you got a reply lol

Interesting. So you have no lock at all? I’d be afraid I size it wrong lol

No no lock just links all the way around. It was easy because I had my rope cut from 30 to 26 and never had to unlock it. So I knew the figaro would work also. I was nervous 😬 a little tho.
I also like it because when I get a pendent(no time soon) I don't got to worry about the lock going to the front near the bail( Am I the only 1 who hates that?😆)
For my son coustom pendent I'm thinking about getting the barrel clasp soldered to the back of the pendent so he never has to ajust it in game while playing.

Who has their Jewelry/jewels appraised for insurance purposes? I know they give you the appraisal “purchase price” when you buy it but was thinking if you get it appraised from one of the big mainstream companies would they appraise it for more? For example you buy a piece from Leon’s for 45 a gram but the big mainstream companies charge 100 gram for the same (like Kay’s or places like that). I know gold has set prices but replacement value is what I’m getting at.

Who has their Jewelry/jewels appraised for insurance purposes? I know they give you the appraisal “purchase price” when you buy it but was thinking if you get it appraised from one of the big mainstream companies would they appraise it for more? For example you buy a piece from Leon’s for 45 a gram but the big mainstream companies charge 100 gram for the same (like Kay’s or places like that). I know gold has set prices but replacement value is what I’m getting at.
I got my stuff appraised from a place that only does appraisals, if I remember it was on the higher side because it's what they considered insured value versus replacement cost.

No no lock just links all the way around. It was easy because I had my rope cut from 30 to 26 and never had to unlock it. So I knew the figaro would work also. I was nervous 😬 a little tho.
I also like it because when I get a pendent(no time soon) I don't got to worry about the lock going to the front near the bail( Am I the only 1 who hates that?😆)
For my son coustom pendent I'm thinking about getting the barrel clasp soldered to the back of the pendent so he never has to ajust it in game while playing.
For your pendant just gonna have the bail made over the chain?

I really want to but if 10mm is costing $9300 made and shipped. That 15k gonna hit the pockets different. Granted it hold value not sure if I’m ready for that 15k commitment honestly
Honestly that was what I got quoted for a 12mm 26” at Leon. Can’t remember the exact weight but I know it was 200+gr.

7DB3B7AB-4F6D-4D87-969C-C5600E5AF7B5.jpeg
87ACB9BC-D87E-4586-BD57-634EB2CB7D7D.jpeg
whos mold is that? someone selling?

whos mold is that? someone selling?
that looks kinda like a Jesus that Treasure's Jewelers in Chicago has on their insta I think.

I like them a lot but I have to admit they do look better with diamonds on them. Too bad it isn't worth the money to ice it out. I'd like it a lot better plain if instead of those gold dots where the stones would go on Jesus hair they would do diamond cuts. My GFK JP has diamonds on the eyes and crown but If it were plain I could easily say that mold is a lot better looking IMO. Downside to the GFK JP is that it's not as heavy as the Icebox Jacob because it's not completely solid which I didn't realize until after I bought it and was looking through this thread and again saw @ninjahood post about it. I looked at the bottom of my piece and noticed two tiny holes on opposite sides. Thought it was solid at first glance of the piece because it's closed off on the back. Piece still has some decent weight to it, a little over 40 grams or so for the 3".
you tombout these holes?

WP_20210201_015.jpg

they're cause of the manufacturing process, sprues I believe. the ppl who make this pendant never bother to close them up I guess. which is pretty standard I think. doesn't look that good but I mean it's not unusual etc. another view so ppl who aren't familial know what they're looking at:

WP_20210201_023.jpg

this piece is 100% hallow as is the larger version. both have a solid back but they're empty inside. this smaller piece is actually a better piece of jewelry IMO since the wait is apropos to the size, mines is about 47 grams & measures just about 3" long including the bail. the flash is pretty unflattering here BTW, this piece has that same finish that looks pretty nice when the light hits it correctly.

I daily my 18k 5mm.

I initially wanted to get a 10-12mm Cuban but opted for a 6mm and a pendent instead. I’ll grab the brolic chain later down the road. More than likely copping a bracelet by summer prolly depending how these prices go.
Pics of the 18k 5mm

Back
Top Bottom