**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

10k is 10k as far as gold content is concerned but, when it comes to the other alloys in the mix, jewelers might have a slightly different % of each one, which will lend to a slightly different hue in the end

Reys (any jeweler) quality will be more in the crafstmanship

The difference in color, between 10k and 14k isnt super big tbh

Ive never owned anything that is 10k but Ive seen plenty. I personally wouldnt go any less than 14kt (with 10kt your gold content is less than 50%) but 10kt is def a cheaper option for people that dont want to spend the extra bread.

I promise a 10kt Cuban done by any of the main spots will look chunky/clean af

Who quoted you these prices?

good looking for the reply family. Leaning towards that 14k.

Don’t want to have any regrets & wanting to upgrade if I go with 10k

do you have a contact for Leon?

You don't want anything from NYC, get the bracelet from Leon, good craftsmanship and fast turnaround.
20201115_130917.jpg

Leon did the chain, word to ninjahood!
Sheesh! Specs?

Yeah you will def save a couple bands going with Leons

Cheaper price per gram and Leons chains are a little lighter than Reys, when comparing same lenth and mm

Yeah you will def save a couple bands going with Leons

Cheaper price per gram and Leons chains are a little lighter than Reys, when comparing same lenth and mm

1612942755152.png
Rey’s quoted me 64gr for a 6mm. My Leon chain is 75gr for the same length and mm. Far a I’ve seen in this thread, Leon’s has the heavier chains when it comes to length and mm vs Rey’s.

1612942755152.png
Rey’s quoted me 64gr for a 6mm. My Leon chain is 75gr for the same length and mm. Far a I’ve seen in this thread, Leon’s has the heavier chains when it comes to length and mm vs Rey’s.

Damn idk my bro.. when I hit Reys they quoted me a higher cost per gram as well as more weight for the same specs, vs Leons

Edit: **** I just looked now.. I didnt catch it at the time but Reys sent me an 8mm quote, Leons a 7mm..
Leons
Screenshot_20210210-010317_Messages.jpg

Reys
Screenshot_20210210-010511_Messages.jpg

Nonetheless, Leons was still quoting $45/gram under 100 grams vs Rey at $50 over 100 grams

Last edited:
if you want to buy gold RIGHT NOW I would take that price
the price might dip but there will be little difference at retail to notice

under $10.00 a gram from spot price for a heavy chain is fair
I remember when I first started reading this thread I got a quote for 34 a gram from Reys and 31 a g from Leon. This was end of 2019. Listen to my guy right here.

Back
Top Bottom