**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Originally Posted by hozaymyname

hmm idk.. looks like Soul Assassins logo to me.. u jus took out one line...

SA-Logo_Poster-600.jpg
I didnt know that this was a the logo thread...sorry that there aren't that many different ways to make my two initials into a logo.  Also to this date cartoon or estevan or any of them haven't said a word to me about my logo sooo i think its safe to say that they aren't too concerned.  Thanks for the input.

hozaymyname wrote:
hmm idk.. looks like Soul Assassins logo to me.. u jus took out one line...

SA-Logo_Poster-600.jpg

I didnt know that this was a the logo thread...sorry that there aren't that many different ways to make my two initials into a logo.  Also to this date cartoon or estevan or any of them haven't said a word to me about my logo sooo i think its safe to say that they aren't too concerned.  Thanks for the input.
  smh @ dudes looking for any little mistake to get at SA
please we have seen alot of things replicated (like my "roc" piece/jesus pieces) 

so why is the SA a big deal? Its his inital just like the R for my pendant.

and fyi I seen the bow wow piece from  start to finish it was all real not silver like some of you might have said.
laugh.gif

lol @ the logo thread get use to it SA 

Making a fake Roc piece for personal use can go under the radar. Soul Assassins, if they cared enough, could probably get a C&D order against SA since they probably had it copyrighted first--leaving SA to have to think of a new logo, and he already mentioned how there are only a few ways to fuse those letters/initials. Luckily for SA, IP is still relatively unmonitored unless somebody reports it.

I didnt know that this was a the logo thread

Honestly, one of the weakest justifications/comebacks I have ever seen on here. I'm not sure if you were aware of the other logo before, but if you weren't, you should be glad somebody pointed it out to you so you can be prepared in case the similarities become an issue at some point.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Making a fake Roc piece for personal use can go under the radar. Soul Assassins, if they cared enough, could probably get a C&D order against SA since they probably had it copyrighted first--leaving SA to have to think of a new logo, and he already mentioned how there are only a few ways to fuse those letters/initials. Luckily for SA, IP is still relatively unmonitored unless somebody reports it.

Honestly, one of the weakest justifications/comebacks I have ever seen on here. I'm not sure if you were aware of the other logo before, but if you weren't, you should be glad somebody pointed it out to you so you can be prepared in case the similarities become an issue at some point.
Seriously everyone needs to calm down about the logo.  I know members of Soul Assassins personally, they have seen my logo and have not said one word so can everyone GET OVER IT.  I'm here to share my work with everyone, not waste my time arguing about my logo. Do some of you have nothing better to do than point out a similarity in my logo and Soul Assassins logo? Come on. 

the jewerly game is all the same.. no more originality in it.. everybody want to use somebodies else design.. i was just pointing out your design looks exactly the same as SA logo.. get mad all you want just helping you out. everybody wants to get credentials.. US is based on stealing.. roll with that...

You've been studying Intellectual Property law? So have I. There are a lot of things that people/jewelers on here might want to know about the law as it relates to jewelry. Jewelry is technically an "art" and therefore all creators of art have copyright in their work. What's interesting about copyright is that you don't have to "copyright" anything - meaning you don't have to file some form/paper in a copyright registry. Your copyright entitlement arises directly out of your work, so any work has copyright in it. This means that Soul Assasins would not have to have their SA logo "copyrighted" because their rights arise directly out of their work. They could seek an injunction but that would be a ridiculous thing to do b/c what purpose would that serve? He's not selling anything. Also, nobody needs to "report" a copyright infringement to some authoritative body because it's always going to be the copyright owner that sues you.

ON THE OTHER HAND- Tito the Jeweler would be very wise to speak to an IP lawyer about suing over his copyright in his original Jesus Piece work. Jacob the Jeweler, Ben Baller, Jason of BH, LAX Rolex etc. have all breached his copyright in his original Jesus Piece design. They have all taken his work and copied it, albeit with slight variations (which doesn't matter b/c they still copied the work). Also, when there has been access to the original work (the original Jesus piece mold) THERE IS A PRESUMPTION OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT! This means that if Tito can prove that Jacob had access to view his Jesus piece it will be presumed that Jacob copied him (this would be an easy case to make out considering Jacob worked in the same jewelry store). This would also work in Jacob's favour b/c JOBH, Ben, LAX have all admitted to blatantly obtaining the Jesus Piece and copying it exactly.

Now if Tito or Jacob wanted to sue over copyright infringement, they would have an excelent case and could potential win a very large settlement. This is because all these jeweler have sold many of these Jesus pieces and have undercut the original copyright owner from their profit out of their copyrighted work. This means that they could not only sue for an injunction but for damages. Damages in this case would be all the profits from the sale of ALL Jesus pieces. This could be substantial. There are some issues with limitation periods but they wouldn't alter the results of the case.

Conclusion- I love the original Jesus Piece mold and all the less expensive copies made by these jewelers. I hope it doesn't stop b/c of this post. But I think that Jewelers might find this interesting and should know what they're doing legally...

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

3 yrs is way too long to have something on layaway

Jewelers will put things on layaway forever, they have nothing to lose. I know people who have started a payment plan, got locked up, and came back years later to pick it up no problem.
yep, hence why i ain't trippin at all...long as i got my receipt....

For all you know thats a replica he got on display.

what the !%++ you cats talkin bout?
this nonsense i read for some dumb reason has nothing to do with nothing.
if the man say he dont care, take it at that.
no one getting sued for nothing because he's not taking money out their mouths.
actin like cats in caking off a single logo.
%#!!+! just cant be wrong nowadays.
now watch someone come with a witty comeback.

Originally Posted by SAjewelry

Seriously everyone needs to calm down about the logo.  I know members of Soul Assassins personally, they have seen my logo and have not said one word so can everyone GET OVER IT.  I'm here to share my work with everyone, not waste my time arguing about my logo. Do some of you have nothing better to do than point out a similarity in my logo and Soul Assassins logo? Come on. 

Hey pal you need to calm down this is our board you're the new kid around here so chill out
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Diamond Concept

Sertissage Descendu

"a little exercice with zirconias from enlightened[font=Times, sans-serif] on a brass tube"[/font]

looks like somethin aladdin would rock but that ferrari piece is
pimp.gif

MY FIRST PIECES OF JEWELRY, IM NEW TO THIS, BUT LIKE FOR MY STUFF TOO LOOK GOOD...

1)JESUS HEAD, I RECENTLY HAD THEM CHANGE THE EYES TO YELLOW DIAMONDS, WIT THE DIAMOND LINK

2)8 ROW BRACELET

3)GUCCI WATCH WITH THE NAVY BAND ON THE BLACK SETTING

4)CIRCLE DIAMOND RING...I WISH I HAD A REAL CAMERA AND DIDNT HAVE TO USE THIS BLACKBERRY

317balv.jpg

2a5c5jl.jpg

sctdlu.jpg

<
b3smls.jpg
/p>

damn those jewelries and hands are big...resize pls.. nice gold bracelet though

edit:
thats better fam
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom