**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

It depends how much you're trying to get for it because locally might be your best bet. Its worth roughly 3800 at the current gold price.
I wouldn't even deal with ebay, too much in fees would be taken out.
Try around your city.

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

I want a box clasp silver Cuban...someone point me in the right direction

Serious I'm after one too...do IF&Co got them miami cubans in silver??

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

Can someone tell me the price for these 3... (per gram) Thanks in advance.10k, 14k, 18k

10k= 23.29
14k= 32.59

18k= 41.89

those are current prices 

about one week ago i emailed ifandco and found out a baby jesus with a gold chain is 5000.then i found out about the sale there having 50% off and called them and found out a baby jesus and chain is 4400 and thats 60% off the guy said.wouldn't 50% off be 2500 or does jewlery sell different ???

I requested a quote on a Cuban and got this auto replied back.. Hopefully they still email me, because I have no will to call up there. due to over 1200 emails, email inquiries are unavailable for the next48 hours, so in the meantime you can call our store between the hoursof 10am - 7pm PSTat 323-565-3435regardsIF AND CO. Team

Originally Posted by rob10

about one week ago i emailed ifandco and found out a baby jesus with a gold chain is 5000.then i found out about the sale there having 50% off and called them and found out a baby jesus and chain is 4400 and thats 60% off the guy said.wouldn't 50% off be 2500 or does jewlery sell different ???

they were asking about 4500 around the end of the year... so that's slightly better than the price from them
I thought about doing it then but for a 30 gram piece wasn't really feeling the resale value would be there if I ever needed to do so

laugh.gif

I was told 4400 for 14k

3500 for 10k

But if these baby jesus pieces are only 30-40grams I would pass.

I rather melt my own gold and have LAX do it 

type properly man, so confusing. and that 50% off sale is kind of bogus since they raise their prices up during the sale, while with the discount it's still a good deal it isn't really 50% off the real price before the sale.

Originally Posted by Ebay DosTres

Can someone tell me the price for these 3... (per gram) Thanks in advance.10k, 14k, 18k

10k= 23.29
14k= 32.59

18k= 41.89

those are current prices 

Thanks man
Let's get something clear so you guys don't get confused or bummed out thinking you know what the prices are, but have no idea how this works.
1. NOBODY ON EARTH IS GOING TO GIVE YOU THAT IF YOU MELT DOWN A PIECE OR CHAIN. PERIOD. why? because there are refinery fees and other things, if it's a franco or cuban, they'll pay that weight and the person selling will most likely lose unless he copped a long long time ago.

2. when any jeweler or even wholesaler buys a gold franco or cuban or gold chain, for a 14k chain, they're paying what the current gold weight is that day and then the shipping it cost to bring over from europe and then the labor it cost to make the chain and maybe a little on top. it's not a huge amount, but thats why you can't make a lot of money on just chains, it is what it is. so if a site like goldenmine.com is selling 14k for around $55 a gram, that's about right and they depend on making money off selling 100 chains a week or more.

3. people forget when it comes to something like a jesus piece, you are paying for casting and the gold labor on that, then diamond labor etc. you have no choice. If it was just that easy, how do you think any of these gold manufacturers make any money? Even LAX can't make it for less than me, it's impossible. I do 90% of everything in house at my store, unless I'm making a lot of pieces. so buying 1 at a time will guarantee ensure you will be paying more. but LAX also doesn't have much overhead.

that sale was definitely 50% off the store, just not on stamped gold jewelry, that's like having a 50% off sale on gas at the gas station. our retail prices are still lower than jacob and anything on rodeo even though we're doing outsourced work for places like chopard and Louis Vuitton and Fendi for custom 1 of 1 orders.... our jesus pieces were discounted 60% off the sticker price which was about 25% off the cash price and that's why I sold over 200 jesus pieces since december.  prices change and gold has gone up over $125 since early dec.

sale is crazy, got too many emails, had over 40 cubans and now I have 7 left. stores downtown are calling us to buy from us to resell. so you know the price is good.

peace

Back
Top Bottom