**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Swizz Beatz

a597cd844ad411e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

c3c850c840cd11e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by PHONE CHECK HOMEY

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

Originally Posted by Ebay DosTres

10k= 23.29
14k= 32.59

18k= 41.89

those are current prices 

Thanks man
Let's get something clear so you guys don't get confused or bummed out thinking you know what the prices are, but have no idea how this works.
1. NOBODY ON EARTH IS GOING TO GIVE YOU THAT IF YOU MELT DOWN A PIECE OR CHAIN. PERIOD. why? because there are refinery fees and other things, if it's a franco or cuban, they'll pay that weight and the person selling will most likely lose unless he copped a long long time ago.

2. when any jeweler or even wholesaler buys a gold franco or cuban or gold chain, for a 14k chain, they're paying what the current gold weight is that day and then the shipping it cost to bring over from europe and then the labor it cost to make the chain and maybe a little on top. it's not a huge amount, but thats why you can't make a lot of money on just chains, it is what it is. so if a site like goldenmine.com is selling 14k for around $55 a gram, that's about right and they depend on making money off selling 100 chains a week or more.

3. people forget when it comes to something like a jesus piece, you are paying for casting and the gold labor on that, then diamond labor etc. you have no choice. If it was just that easy, how do you think any of these gold manufacturers make any money? Even LAX can't make it for less than me, it's impossible. I do 90% of everything in house at my store, unless I'm making a lot of pieces. so buying 1 at a time will guarantee ensure you will be paying more. but LAX also doesn't have much overhead.

that sale was definitely 50% off the store, just not on stamped gold jewelry, that's like having a 50% off sale on gas at the gas station. our retail prices are still lower than jacob and anything on rodeo even though we're doing outsourced work for places like chopard and Louis Vuitton and Fendi for custom 1 of 1 orders.... our jesus pieces were discounted 60% off the sticker price which was about 25% off the cash price and that's why I sold over 200 jesus pieces since december.  prices change and gold has gone up over $125 since early dec.

sale is crazy, got too many emails, had over 40 cubans and now I have 7 left. stores downtown are calling us to buy from us to resell. so you know the price is good.

peace

Ben of course the dollar amount per gram is going to be higher when dealing with a jewelry shop, its business and everything has to be factored in order to make a profit
The prices I stated

the beard/chin on my jesus pops out a bit 

also does anyone know how to make the background just a flat white?....

Originally Posted by PHONE CHECK HOMEY

Let's get something clear so you guys don't get confused or bummed out thinking you know what the prices are, but have no idea how this works.
1. NOBODY ON EARTH IS GOING TO GIVE YOU THAT IF YOU MELT DOWN A PIECE OR CHAIN. PERIOD. why? because there are refinery fees and other things, if it's a franco or cuban, they'll pay that weight and the person selling will most likely lose unless he copped a long long time ago.

2. when any jeweler or even wholesaler buys a gold franco or cuban or gold chain, for a 14k chain, they're paying what the current gold weight is that day and then the shipping it cost to bring over from europe and then the labor it cost to make the chain and maybe a little on top. it's not a huge amount, but thats why you can't make a lot of money on just chains, it is what it is. so if a site like goldenmine.com is selling 14k for around $55 a gram, that's about right and they depend on making money off selling 100 chains a week or more.

3. people forget when it comes to something like a jesus piece, you are paying for casting and the gold labor on that, then diamond labor etc. you have no choice. If it was just that easy, how do you think any of these gold manufacturers make any money? Even LAX can't make it for less than me, it's impossible. I do 90% of everything in house at my store, unless I'm making a lot of pieces. so buying 1 at a time will guarantee ensure you will be paying more. but LAX also doesn't have much overhead.

that sale was definitely 50% off the store, just not on stamped gold jewelry, that's like having a 50% off sale on gas at the gas station. our retail prices are still lower than jacob and anything on rodeo even though we're doing outsourced work for places like chopard and Louis Vuitton and Fendi for custom 1 of 1 orders.... our jesus pieces were discounted 60% off the sticker price which was about 25% off the cash price and that's why I sold over 200 jesus pieces since december.  prices change and gold has gone up over $125 since early dec.

sale is crazy, got too many emails, had over 40 cubans and now I have 7 left. stores downtown are calling us to buy from us to resell. so you know the price is good.

peace

I actually stopped by the shop on Sunday to check everything out. Again, all of the work is superb, seeing that aj xi with the la hat in person was something else, and it goes without saying but IF is really doing it! After seeing that pic of the cubans all lined up I figured I'd go take a better look. I was talking with Jeff and he was telling me that 'not everything was actually on sale.' Kind of confusing but I asked about a chain, he gave me a price, I then asked what the sale price was and that chain wasn't a part of the sale. I also asked about a Jesus peice to see what those were looking like for the sale and was told the price that's been posted previously. Pretty much just looked around a little more then bounced.  

I reached out to LAX about making the Kanye Jesus and as good as it looks in those pictures it looks better in person. Ill post pics of it with my cuban soon.

I'll post pics tomorrow. The homie had a mold ready, understood it wouldnt fit the specs of my cuban and came back with a better mold super quick! LAX is good money and I'm looking forward to getting more jewelry from him in the near future
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom