**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Wow, how does Jacob stay in business? Dumb celebrity clientele? Or he built his name up that people will pay od prices?

I think it is the same situation as Tiffany's, people buy into the name.

My Wifes ring is a 3.6ct center diamond, I forget how much it is with the side setting diamonds I dont have the paperwork here with me..... These are stock pics of the exact ring I got, but I wasnt crazy about the stone but she loved the setting, so then we had a bigger better stone put in so the one she has is bigger than the pic.... I think the one in the pic is about a 3ct but I dont remember it was a few years ago

286qo9s.jpg

30rwgtj.jpg

This is her wedding band....Again I dont remember the exact specs on it..... She has another band thats alot plainer that she wears when she doesnt want to have all that stuff on 

2qdqrut.jpg

eimc1k.jpg

I got rid of just about all of my jewels, all the chains and bracelets and all that I sent to the homie LAX to melt down and cash in..... thankfully I bought all of that stuff when gold was wayyyyy cheaper then now, all I really rock with now is the watches although Ive been looking for something small and clean like a nice dogtag set or something like that......I never really wore the big DG piece anymore so I figured why am I keeping it just sitting there
EDIT

Looking back Im not sure if you guys wanted to see pics of her engagement ring or my wedding band so Ill put my band too in case thats what you meant....

24324wh.jpg

29d7b0i.jpg

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

all the chains and bracelets and all that I sent to the homie LAX to melt down and cash in

Substantial ROI?  Relative sense, of course. 

Yea on plain gold stuff like cuban chains and stuff like that I came up, but on stuff like custom pieces you will always lose the cost of labor/molds/setting/markup no matter what..... I aint mad though its crazy how cheap gold was back in like 04 05 when I was goin crazy compared to todays prices.....

sick.gif
pimp.gif
@ BigL's rings

8thday+skulls.jpg

The following two skulls though
eek.gif

brown_skull_300SMMIST.jpg

large_brownskull300SMMIST.jpg

And I'm pretty sure these are Tyga's medium sized Jesus pieces

babyjesus_rose300mistSM.jpg

babyjesus_black300mistSM.jpg

babyjesus_white300mistSM.jpg

babyjesus_yellow300mistSM.jpg

Damb they look weird

should never post a jesus piece in this thread ever again, there's only two that are "perfect" with many jewelers failing to get the molds down right.

JACOB-JESUS-IF-CLIPSE.jpg

JACOB-JESUS.jpg

those two made by jacob and co

f3s1ac.jpg

and this made by jacob and co, which LAX was lucky to have and sold to jchambers.

only person to get any of those spot on was icebox in atlanta, they do the second one perfect and I think frank mucus has that one.

eek.gif
at bigles great rings man, and the story of you getting rid of everything.....makes a person think after time you just grow up and all that extra stuff doesn't matter. quality over quantity everytime, nice to hear you pretty much deal with watches now.

^yep. i know there's variations just to bring something different to the table, even the new sizes. But for the standard if you want the exact down to the detail, go to icebox or lax (i'm guessing he made a mold from that second piece) or if you're wealthy and don't care jacob. other than that something is always off or have been altered to give a different look, jewelers on here can get mad but it's truth.

"^yep. the size dimensions look off. Also the craftmanship on some of the crowns looks poor "

are you referring to mines? it was a jacob...

So what's the best course of action with gold pieces we have that we don't wear/want?  Sell on ebay, go to the local jeweler, go to a gold spot, etc?  Don't feel like going through 900+ pages.   Thanks in advance.

those vado pieces are pure trash. looks like a bunch of squished chocolate in gold wrappers, he's much better off rocking the cubans solo.

Those Vado joints really do look like chocolate in gold foil lmao......

Yea I got sick of all the big stuff, since I had my son I havent been wearing the chains so there was no point to keep them still....I sold the Arnage too since Im not driving to the office everyday anymore and dont need 2 cars....

Still am thinking of a dogtag set tho... I was gonna cop some from Ben a few months ago but they sold em in person before we could complete the deal....

yeah man just like the story of how times have changed and you're making smart moves. can't go wrong with dog tags, simple and clean...probably have your son's name lasered on it.

I hate to say it, but getting tags with your kid's names is getting played out quick. Even when I get older and move away from the big piece, if I have the bread I'd just rock a tennis chain. But that's just me. 

_Titanic-Auction_JP_814321d.jpg

Guernsey's will auction off 5000 items from Titanic, including this gold bracelet with diamonds. Over a hundred years old!

Back
Top Bottom