**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Should I pull the trigger?????

28D719A9-E3B2-4F93-ADB3-507E90D195DA.jpeg

That’s pretty much what I want. Do it.

Im not an expert by any means but I thought mine came out pretty good? My links are all even and I actually got more then I paid for. Most of my links are 10mm + and the gram weight was 188.6 instead of the quoted 188g lol? I mentioned it in my 1st post but I had a 9mm made by lirys before Daniels and those links were not tight at all and very misshapen. I sent it back the day after I received it lol. It did have a nice gram weight though. 158.6 for a 9mm 23inch.

Daniels just gets flack from not having the tightest links and lacking in weight (sometimes) given the specs. Those are variables with any handmade chain. But I’ve definitely noticed their links aren’t on par with others like Reys or Leon.

IF&Co is overpriced but so are other designer jewelry companies. You’re always going to get the quality from them tho. You can also build a relationship with members of their team for nice discounts as well. If the brand is STRONG enough you can over price whatever you want and still flourish. It makes all the sense in the world to do. These Miami jewelers are dope for what they do but they could never get away with it. Brand ain’t heavy enough.

Last edited:
Im not an expert by any means but I thought mine came out pretty good? My links are all even and I actually got more then I paid for. Most of my links are 10mm + and the gram weight was 188.6 instead of the quoted 188g lol? I mentioned it in my 1st post but I had a 9mm made by lirys before Daniels and those links were not tight at all and very misshapen. I sent it back the day after I received it lol. It did have a nice gram weight though. 158.6 for a 9mm 23inch.

do you know if Liry's does the work themselves or do they farm it out? Mine took about 3 weeks but it arrived spot on. 7.5mm-26 inches-120grams. Just wondering

I don't mind buying pendants from IF since the work is proven but Its really hard to consider them for any sort of chain when I can go to sarraf and get weight for a little less the price.

You’re getting fleeced if you’re shopping with IF. No way around it. Y’all can make whatever quality arguments you want, paying their premium is not a wise move.

You’re getting fleeced if you’re shopping with IF. No way around it. Y’all can make whatever quality arguments you want, paying their premium is not a wise move.
If you got the loot and you want the guarantee in work they aren't a bad option, throw in the fact that anything from them is a flex.

I Remember back in the IF & Co blog days or maybe lurking here on NT Ben Baller said they would give you a break on the chain if you were buying a heavy iced out piece but that was awhile ago.

They would give 20-25% off if you paid cash back in the Slauson days. It wasn't a bad deal, plus no sales tax. Now days, without any discount its a bit taxing.

I don't mind buying pendants from IF since the work is proven but Its really hard to consider them for any sort of chain when I can go to sarraf and get weight for a little less the price.
I agree, I wouldn't buy any of the chains. The pendants really do hit hard, and overall quality is A+. But its still overpriced.

If you got the loot and you want the guarantee in work they aren't a bad option, throw in the fact that anything from them is a flex.

this aint 2012 don’t nobody give a damn about a “flex” cuz it’s IF and Co :lol:. let me save some bread and go to another quality jeweler and get it made for much less.

You say no one cares but ben made himself into a massive brand to the point where shopping with him now is like shopping with jacob in the early 2000.

for a chain i would never go to ifandco... i can go to my local jeweler and get a way better deal.. i copped two chains off them a cuban and rope... they dont make chains and just sell it but are good quality and from italy...but the one pendant i did cop from them which was my baby jesus piece was really good quality and even though it was expensive still had a piece of mind that i knew i was getting a really nice piece with good quality... if i had the money to blow and wanted something nice i would go to them again but if i wanted to save money and get something close to as nice but not as great quality i would go elsewhere...the benz piece i got from golden sun was nice but not as good quality as ifandco and weighed less actually cost more money

You say no one cares but ben made himself into a massive brand to the point where shopping with him now is like shopping with jacob in the early 2000.
I dont think no one would argue Ben is doin it..but he's a jeweler with flaws like errbody else. He does top notch work but other jewelers of his quality are much less. Even Jacob's are over priced...think 5 time zone joints! Tht logo dont pawn well!!

All these jewelers are just middle men. None of these cats are doing any of the work hands on. If & CO has these Korean cats working behind the scene, making the molds and drilling in the diamonds, polishing, and etc... Like Tim Hardaway says, these guys got skills..... thats why the craftmenship at If & CO is good.

Unless your want a CUSTOM piece, IF&CO is not the move. This has been mentioned countless times.

Jacob is on that new wave, super expensive high end watched ala Richard Mille.
Even Ben got them knock off looking BB watches.

Back
Top Bottom