**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Can yall help me with a few questions? Lookin to put together a real simple look with my patron saint Jude. Looking to cop his medal from Sarraf:

963b5e6d-45f7-400a-a537-a36201261f69__12809_zoom.jpg

Joint is only 3 grams, so not super heavy. Two quick questions:

1. For a medal this small what thickness would be appropriate? My gut tells me like a 2.4mm should be cool, but I would go bigger if it wouldnt look dumb (2.7)?
2. Ive been thinking about this baby curb from jacoje

HE is fairly expensive, does this link go by another name somewhere else? When I google it, I dont see it anywhere else. I like the look from his videos, and its much better than a flat curb. Any thoughts on this style chain? Thinking about this look in a 22", and it should hang to the top of my wifebeater. Thoughts?

You say no one cares but ben made himself into a massive brand to the point where shopping with him now is like shopping with jacob in the early 2000.

You acting like spending money with Ben is gonna have you have him make a blog post about what you copped and have you all up in the videos or something for good PR :lol: . This aint early 2000, man. These jewelers are not your friends and everyone knows Ben is well off.

Whatever you wanna spend or waste your money on is your decision though.

You acting like spending money with Ben is gonna have you have him make a blog post about what you copped and have you all up in the videos or something for good PR :lol: . This aint early 2000, man. These jewelers are not your friends and everyone knows Ben is well off.

Whatever you wanna spend or waste your money on is your decision though.
Not acting like anything, it's just the reality of the situation ben is known, you over pay when you shop with them but the work is always on point and you don't have any second thoughts about authenticity. That was my original point it's easier to shop with them and have the peace of mind that your goods won't have fake stones or the metal wont have porosity.

Not acting like anything, it's just the reality of the situation ben is known, you over pay when you shop with them but the work is always on point and you don't have any second thoughts about authenticity. That was my original point it's easier to shop with them and have the peace of mind that your goods won't have fake stones or the metal wont have porosity.
You are doing way too much explaining... Just buy something and report back!

They farm it out. They had my chain done very quickly it was done in under 2 weeks. I also found them to have the best customer service compared to the others I spoke with and price wise they were also the lowest at the time as well.

do you know if Liry's does the work themselves or do they farm it out? Mine took about 3 weeks but it arrived spot on. 7.5mm-26 inches-120grams. Just wondering

Last edited:
IF does have good quality but go to the store and see it there for yourself. The only times I've been to their store was when it was still in the hood in Slauson. The pieces they have used the smallest stones I've ever seen. The craftsmanship is there but you can tell where they finnessed the customer with the little dinky rink pebbles/diamonds

IF does have good quality but go to the store and see it there for yourself. The only times I've been to their store was when it was still in the hood in Slauson. The pieces they have used the smallest stones I've ever seen. The craftsmanship is there but you can tell where they finnessed the customer with the little dinky rink pebbles/diamonds
Franks right on the money. If you don't mind overpaying for quality, feel free to buy. If you want to get back anything second hand market forget it.

I went into trade in a bitcoin pendant,

They offered me $1,000 store credit.

You still have your IF Jesus?

Franks right on the money. If you don't mind overpaying for quality, feel free to buy. If you want to get back anything second hand market forget it.

I went into trade in a bitcoin pendant,

They offered me $1,000 store credit.

Just like most jewelers, they want you to buy from them. They do not necessarily want to buy from you(even if they made it/sold it to you). Hence the $1K offer

You are doing way too much explaining... Just buy something and report back!
All this.

so I got a6.5mm 20inch 14k Miami cuban fron Leon. I realized it was a little long for my wife. Leon doesn’t do returns or exchanges, but offered to shorten it at no charge and purchase the scrap if I choose to sell it.
The Quality is A1. Links are tight and even. I still think Reys is better in regards to craftsmanship. But then again these are smaller mm sized chains. Leon’s 6.5mm 14k is on the left and Reys 8mm 10k is on the right.
3F42D6BF-9159-40D0-A329-BCD716A512E8.jpeg

I will be returning Leon’s chain to get shortened this wk. if anyone is interested in purchasing the chain for $2,350($300 cheaper than what I paid) PM me.

Last edited:

Don't forget their pieces are lighter as well compared to other comparable pieces. Cop a baby jesus and its not even 40gr, ****s light work.

All this.

so I got a6.5mm 20inch 14k Miami cuban fron Leon. I realized it was a little long for my wife. Leon doesn’t do returns or exchanges, but offered to shorten it at no charge and purchase the scrap if I choose to sell it.
The Quality is A1. Links are tight and even. I still think Reys is better in regards to craftsmanship. But then again these are smaller mm sized chains. Leon’s 6.5mm 14k is on the left and Reys 8mm 10k is on the right.
3F42D6BF-9159-40D0-A329-BCD716A512E8.jpeg

I will be returning Leon’s chain to get shortened this wk. if anyone is interested in purchasing the chain for $2,350($300 cheaper than what I paid) PM me.

Damn, this is making me want to go back to Rey's for another. I was going to try Leon ouT because of recs from here... but that Rey's chain looks better.

Anybody ever had a plain Cuban diamond paved? Any idea on what to expect to be paying for labor for each stone set if I already have the stones?

Back
Top Bottom