**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Doesnt Tiffany actually sell real gold jewelry too though?
Yea.

But like a lot of the luxury jewelry brands any time they work with gold its 18k and with the the brand name on top of that the price is astronomical. I think because of that they work with silver a lot cause it’s still precious but they can still charge an arm and a leg cause of the name.

Tiffany and David Yurman are the first two that come to mind.

Last edited:
finally some general jewelry conversations/topics

kenan-thompson-eating-popcorn.gif

djlunchbox djlunchbox i definitely hear your perspective. You did the math and it works. No disrespect. You were going for a big heavy piece and the cost ratio is lopsided. I just googled prices; silver is $0.80/gram (your 111gms= $90)and 14k is $36/gm. Silver is silver at the end of day as frank mucus frank mucus said
I was more referring to folks getting a 1.5-2” piece and if he/she were forking over $1400, then maybe it would be wiser to go smaller and get solid gold. Me personally, i rather get quality over quantity. And that is no knock on George cuz his pieces are a work of art 🫡

stunnaman stunnaman dgoins1 dgoins1 my bad, i thought plated will make your neck green over time 😂
No apologies needed my guy. I got most my knowledge from the thread too

That’s a huge misnomer on pricing. No one is taking a 50% loss on a piece silver or not.

My piece(s) were $1400 each, large size, solid not hollow, 111 grams, total height including the bale was roughly 3.47”. If i were to sell it, it would be close to what i paid.

That piece selling for $700 is about an 1” smaller and 50 grams less.

So yeah what would the math be on my piece either the rose or the enamel in solid gold and “real” stones? Just on the price of gold alone it would be 8x more. Figure my piece in 10k weighs an extra 25 grams so you’re looking at 135grams. Modest gold price of $55/gram and that right there is $7400. Now add the labor, stones and you’re easily at what $12-13k? again estimates not sure how the weight would fair in the different karats but it would weigh quite a bit.

I don’t need that around my neck sorry. I just bought a second house that’s where my money went. I can’t see myself wearing that much on my person but not owning property. I make a modest 6 figure salary but in Los Ángeles that’s a must to scrape by. and be somewhat comfortable

My goal was always to have a Jacob style JP that wasn’t a middle of the mall piece and thst i could be proud of and George facilitated that. I get it some people value more what others see them wearing or driving. Me i grew up modest and I’m not faking it till i make it because although i can afford to get a “real” piece made i would feel more guilt rather than accomplished if i were to spend that on jewelry.

Just my $0.02 since all the sub posts are directed at my constant piece posts.

And I forget that everyone on here is a millionaire 🤷‍♂️

As long as you are happy is all that matters. 3 racks is a lot to spend on silver jewelry.

As long as you are happy is all that matters. 3 racks is a lot to spend on silver jewelry.

True however you’re looking at it in just a materials point of view. That’s like devaluing an acrylic painting vs an oil painting. You’re not just paying for materials you’re paying for the craftsmanship. That’s what i really paid for.

And yes i am very happy. I got what I’ve wanted for a long time that I’m proud to wear.

Im pretty sure LAX had the Jacob mold. I think he did go through a bunch of variations but the latest pieces were ace.

Nah, he never had it.

You can see snuggles original piece from him where Jesus has a goatee instead of a beard.

He's had Jacob pieces and sold them, but he never made a mold of them and sold them. Only his versions of them which look different.

Back
Top Bottom