**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

That mold can be found just about anywhere. eBay, online, and your local jeweler. It's all corny.

lax was the first to post that mold in here. I always remember that as his version of the ye style.

Matter of fact, it was the go to version if you couldn't get the Jacob versions

carmelo-anthony-and-50-cent-celebrate-the-frigo-new-collection.webp

GettyImages-1328943761.jpg

Facts!!! He seems like he disappeared, which is a shame. Nice pieces....but way too much 'ecuadorian' way of doing business (if you know you know)

Attachments

• R0002940.png
    R0002940.png
    800.6 KB · Views: 492
Up until George Lax was the only way you could get a Jacob JP without going to Jacob or buying secondary. He also had or still has the Kanye Angel mold.

Is it really that much cheaper? Someone on here sells silver JP w moiss for $1400 retail, and used prices offered here for ~$700. Im pretty sure you can get a 10k made for $1400 or less. I got my 14k 2.25” GF JP for ~2k with real stones

Again im not baggin, just stating that longterm solid gold will last and you wont have to worry about replating or jumping in the pool/beach without turning your neck green. Everyone has their budgert if course, and i respect that. Just choose wisely, thats all

Again im not baggin, just stating that longterm solid gold will last and you wont have to worry about replating or jumping in the pool/beach without turning your neck green. Everyone has their budgert if course, and i respect that. Just choose wisely, thats all
I do t think your neck will turn green if it’s real silver and real gold lol. That’s the fufu ****

Real Gold = Custom Jewelry
Solid Silver = Custom Jewelry
Rhodium dipped Silver = Custom Jewelry
Gold over Silver = Costume Jewelry
Gold over Stainless Steel = Costume Jewelry

Last edited:
Is it really that much cheaper? Someone on here sells silver JP w moiss for $1400 retail, and used prices offered here for ~$700. Im pretty sure you can get a 10k made for $1400 or less. I got my 14k 2.25” GF JP for ~2k with real stones

That’s a huge misnomer on pricing. No one is taking a 50% loss on a piece silver or not.

My piece(s) were $1400 each, large size, solid not hollow, 111 grams, total height including the bale was roughly 3.47”. If i were to sell it, it would be close to what i paid.

That piece selling for $700 is about an 1” smaller and 50 grams less.

So yeah what would the math be on my piece either the rose or the enamel in solid gold and “real” stones? Just on the price of gold alone it would be 8x more. Figure my piece in 10k weighs an extra 25 grams so you’re looking at 135grams. Modest gold price of $55/gram and that right there is $7400. Now add the labor, stones and you’re easily at what $12-13k? again estimates not sure how the weight would fair in the different karats but it would weigh quite a bit.

I don’t need that around my neck sorry. I just bought a second house that’s where my money went. I can’t see myself wearing that much on my person but not owning property. I make a modest 6 figure salary but in Los Ángeles that’s a must to scrape by. and be somewhat comfortable

My goal was always to have a Jacob style JP that wasn’t a middle of the mall piece and thst i could be proud of and George facilitated that. I get it some people value more what others see them wearing or driving. Me i grew up modest and I’m not faking it till i make it because although i can afford to get a “real” piece made i would feel more guilt rather than accomplished if i were to spend that on jewelry.

Just my $0.02 since all the sub posts are directed at my constant piece posts.

And I forget that everyone on here is a millionaire 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Real Gold = Custom Jewelry
Solid Silver = Custom Jewelry
Rhodium dipped Silver = Custom Jewelry
Gold over Silver = Costume Jewelry
Gold over Stainless Steel = Costume Jewelry

So if you get your silver Tiffany jewelry gold plated its costume jewelry now? cuz those silver charm bracelets are dope but i bet they'd look fire in Rose.

Last edited:
That’s a huge misnomer on pricing. No one is taking a 50% loss on a piece silver or not.

My piece(s) were $1400 each, large size, solid not hollow, 111 grams, total height including the bale was roughly 3.47”. If i were to sell it, it would be close to what i paid.

That piece selling for $700 is about an 1” smaller and 50 grams less.

So yeah what would the math be on my piece either the rose or the enamel in solid gold and “real” stones? Just on the price of gold alone it would be 8x more. Figure my piece in 10k weighs an extra 25 grams so you’re looking at 135grams. Modest gold price of $55/gram and that right there is $7400. Now add the labor, stones and you’re easily at what $12-13k? again estimates not sure how the weight would fair in the different karats but it would weigh quite a bit.

I don’t need that around my neck sorry. I just bought a second house that’s where my money went. I can’t see myself wearing that much on my person but not owning property. I make a modest 6 figure salary but in Los Ángeles that’s a must to scrape by. and be somewhat comfortable

My goal was always to have a Jacob style JP that wasn’t a middle of the mall piece and thst i could be proud of and George facilitated that. I get it some people value more what others see them wearing or driving. Me i grew up modest and I’m not faking it till i make it because although i can afford to get a “real” piece made i would feel more guilt rather than accomplished if i were to spend that on jewelry.

Just my $0.02 since all the sub posts are directed at my constant piece posts.

And I forget that everyone on here is a millionaire 🤷‍♂️
you always in here crying about pocket watching then proceed to tell us where your money went, always defending your purchase like it's warranted.
i just don't get it. 🤷🏿‍♂️

djlunchbox djlunchbox i definitely hear your perspective. You did the math and it works. No disrespect. You were going for a big heavy piece and the cost ratio is lopsided. I just googled prices; silver is $0.80/gram (your 111gms= $90)and 14k is $36/gm. Silver is silver at the end of day as frank mucus frank mucus said
I was more referring to folks getting a 1.5-2” piece and if he/she were forking over $1400, then maybe it would be wiser to go smaller and get solid gold. Me personally, i rather get quality over quantity. And that is no knock on George cuz his pieces are a work of art 🫡

stunnaman stunnaman dgoins1 dgoins1 my bad, i thought plated will make your neck green over time 😂

Last edited:
So if you get your silver Tiffany jewelry gold plated its costume jewelry now? cuz those silver charm bracelets are dope but i bet they'd look fire in Rose.
I’m not impressed by the Tiffany name. If you want it dipped you are ruining the piece and cheapening it from its true form. It’s now essentially costume jewelry.

GOS Tiffany never crossed my mind and I personally wouldn’t ever dip anything except white gold and chicken nuggets.

Back
Top Bottom