The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Anyone play ball in these in here? Watched a couple of performance test videos on youtube and was wondering if the traction was actually that bad in them.  Might need a solid rubber outsole version if they are 
nerd.gif

Finally had a chance to take a few pictures of my collection. Hope you guys enjoy!
The Banned, Fine Print, and Shattered Backboard are masterpieces. The other two... not so much.

I do wish the USAs would go on clearance though. Fun shoe.
ohwell.gif

Anyone play ball in these in here? Watched a couple of performance test videos on youtube and was wondering if the traction was actually that bad in them.  Might need a solid rubber outsole version if they are :nerd:

As I said before, I slipped several times. It will depend on your court and how you play as well.

If your court is dusty and not well maintained, it may be similar to this guy and his kd9 experience

View media item 2180608

^^^ Is that guy trying to make a dance video?? Lol

I don't ball, and I probably won't buy this shoe, but that slippage is absurd! Was that staged??

@YROK1986 Dope collection. I'm missing the Rios. Maybe have to snag them when JB lets my pockets breathe a bit.
Thanks! I hesitated on them for like 5 minutes and missed them on SNKRS and they were gone in store everywhere by me so I had to resort to the Bay. Copped for $229 shipped which I was happy with, since there have been almost zero size 13s that have popped up. The seller hadn't even listed them yet but he had a bunch of other sizes and I asked and he had just got them in but not listed them so I got lucky I asked.

Yeah, ok.

Good enough for PROFESSIONAL athletes and collegiate athletes but not for you... j/k lol

It really does depend on the court. Nba floors are going to be clean/dust free vs your local Y or church gym. My floors are somewhat dusty but not too bad, thoughts on them below
edit: my bad my phone didn't show the j/k on your post lol

Just played ball in the Fine Prints, i didn't find it as slippery as some of the online reviews/videos but it is very squeaky (especially for feet/toe draggers).

I also found that there is a little discomfort on the pinky toe (right foot only) but I re-laced the laces - Each loop consists of flyweave + flywire and when I re-laced the loop by the pinky toe, i did flyweave only and left the flywire off and it helped with the pinching/discomfort. hope that helps anyone with the same issue!

Last edited:
Went to my local HofH and they said that they sold out the SBBs in a 13 but said that they had a small restock of the Banned 31s. Went to check my size for that color and found a pair of the SBB that were stored incorrectly. Safe to say, I purchased the SBBs and they look great. Don't sleep if you like the color and can still get them right now. 

Back
Top Bottom