[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Chain Heavy
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

I was hoping Kweli would be on a G.O.O.D. Friday track...

Originally Posted by MzD650

Let me start off by saying that MBDTF is amazing musically. Kanye is an incredible artist and puts out incredible songs.

But I cant be the only one that has a problem with this album from a content standpoint. His lyrics and verses are pretty good, but theres not a whole hell of a lot of them. Great production, great feel to the songs....but often times only 2 verses? Some songs he has 1 verse? A lot of times the verses arent even long ones too.

I cant be the only one that takes issue to this. I DO really like the album, its just something that has been bothering me the more and more spins it gets.

Anyone feel the same?

IMO its almost like an urban Pink Floyd or a Led Zeppelin album.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

How was this not on the album? 
30t6p3b.gif

yeah, of all the Good Friday tracks that didn't make this is one of the only ones that sounds like it actually fits with
the whole album to me

am i the only one who thinks this album is trash? i can't find the "lyrical content" you guys are talkin about in this thread.

the beat for all of the lights goes hard though.

Damn... I never gave J. Cole a real listen but he killed that verse on Looking For Trouble... I need to listen to his %##% now. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

am i the only one who thinks this album is trash? i can't find the "lyrical content" you guys are talkin about in this thread.

For the sake of discussion... What the hell do you want to hear? Its not like Ye CANT rap... I just get confused when dudes say this...

Dope Beats. Dope Rhymes. What more do ya'll want?

Seen this on the other site...does anyone else see it this way...

On Chris Rock:
the girl represents music and yeezy taught her things just as hes revolutionized music and even though hes done all these things she still cheats on him and he has to listen to the whole thing  just as last year when the mtv incident happened even though he has done so much for music and culture they turned on him and basically cheated on him and he had to watch the whole thing through the media
throughout the whole album when he refers to things such as girls i dont think hes being literal   the girl represents music or culture or life or bigger things like that   honestly it is a very well thought through album and when you listen to it with an open mind and try to understand the bigger picture it really shows the art and how perfect this album really is

Well um Ye aint never been a lyrical genius by any means but dude's appeal for me has always been his humor, cleverness, heartfelt rhymes, passion, and conscious lyrics. Compare the content on this to Graduation. Just way better. I felt like he could've done more with I Wonder and he just about redeemed himself with DIAND (minus Ross
30t6p3b.gif
)

Aint for everybody though. If you think this album in every aspect is trash. I'd probably question if you like any of his good albums.

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

Damn... I never gave J. Cole a real listen but he killed that verse on Looking For Trouble... I need to listen to his %##% now. Any suggestions?

Listen to his mixtapes the warm up  and Friday night lights 

Originally Posted by Jumpman2314

Seen this on the other site...does anyone else see it this way...

On Chris Rock:
the girl represents music and yeezy taught her things just as hes revolutionized music and even though hes done all these things she still cheats on him and he has to listen to the whole thing  just as last year when the mtv incident happened even though he has done so much for music and culture they turned on him and basically cheated on him and he had to watch the whole thing through the media
throughout the whole album when he refers to things such as girls i dont think hes being literal   the girl represents music or culture or life or bigger things like that   honestly it is a very well thought through album and when you listen to it with an open mind and try to understand the bigger picture it really shows the art and how perfect this album really is

To be far, in many interviews, especially leading up to this recent album, Kanye has said just this exact thing. Sometimes he likes to leave things somewhat ambiguous and cloud the interpretations to that it can apply to so many more things. It increases the artistic value in his opinion. A "woman" to him could symbolize many other scenarios.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

For the sake of discussion... What the hell do you want to hear? Its not like Ye CANT rap... I just get confused when dudes say this...

Dope Beats. Dope Rhymes. What more do ya'll want?
Forget all that this dude lost all creditably when he said the album is flat out trash 
Because you think the album lacks lyrical content its flat out trash smh 

You don't know what real music is period 

A lot of rappers are very good at spitting good lyrical content but they don't succeed because thats all they can do 

You need more then just lyrical content to make good music look at the success waka is getting and he is horrible lyrically but he succeeds because hes good at making chorus's that fits perfectly with the beat  few rappers can do that this is one of the reasons why a lot of dudes don't get signed 

this album is not ye's best work lyrically but its not his worst ..... he makes up for it with amazing beats and combinations of instruments ,melodies and sounds/samples no one in hip pop is doing any of this  

So to say his lyrical content is bad is one thing but to say because of that the whole album as a whole is thrash is just plain stupid 

MzD650 wrote:

Let me start off by saying that MBDTF is amazing musically. Kanye is an incredible artist and puts out incredible songs.

But I cant be the only one that has a problem with this album from a content standpoint. His lyrics and verses are pretty good, but theres not a whole hell of a lot of them. Great production, great feel to the songs....but often times only 2 verses? Some songs he has 1 verse? A lot of times the verses arent even long ones too.

I cant be the only one that takes issue to this. I DO really like the album, its just something that has been bothering me the more and more spins it gets.

Anyone feel the same?

To piggy back onto this, I'm wondering is why is no one mentioning the insane amount of features? Is it because of the musicality of it all that it's OK? With the non-standard amount of verses from Kanye and plenty of features, I'm just wondering. Don't get me wrong, I love the album, but feel like if this was another artist, people would be throwing tomatoes ...

P.S. This is 1.5, 2 years early, but how does he top this album musically?!

" I heard he bought some coke with my money. That ain't right girl. You getting blackmailed, for that white girl"
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Joint been on repeat all day

Originally Posted by illfrozn

MzD650 wrote:

Anyone feel the same?

To piggy back onto this, I'm wondering is why is no one mentioning the insane amount of features? Is it because of the musicality of it all that it's OK? With the non-standard amount of verses from Kanye and plenty of features, I'm just wondering. Don't get me wrong, I love the album, but feel like if this was another artist, people would be throwing tomatoes ...

P.S. This is 1.5, 2 years early, but how does he top this album musically?!

While the number of features doesn't bother me personally (there's still more kanye verses on the album than features), I can definitely spot a few people here who have criticized albums in the past for too many features giving this a pass because it's Kanye
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
at dudes asking "how will he top THIS?!"...dudes have been saying that since College Dropout came out.

Dude ain't never gonna come with some wackness.

laugh.gif
at dudes asking "how will he top THIS?!"...dudes have been saying that since College Dropout came out.

Dude ain't never gonna come with some wackness.

Errr.....Mr. West has NOT been that perfect ...

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by KG21

This is the best album I've heard in my life. If Kanye wasn't such an a-hole, this album would be the next Thriller. I mean, every single song could be a hit record.

Devil in a New Dress is my favorite track on this album, simply amazing.

eek.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. Not even my man Optimus would go this far
It's my opinion, based on the albums I've listened to. How you're going to knock me based on that is dumb. Fall back son.

Devil in a New Dress is better than +%@+!@ ENTIRE albums.

ENTIRE. ALBUMS.

My man, I feel you 100%
fbj4fbjpg.png

Real talk though, DIAND is top 10 Kanye tracks. The beat is too official, and the verses are TOO +%@%+@+ SOLID. 

Wow....the reviews have been pretty much all positive for this album.

Should get everyone buzzing about it.

And not to be on my hyperbolic $&*, but I was having a discussion last night with a couple people about how dope the album really is....

...and really, who else is doing it like Ye in this genre?

Screw the whole 'Oh but we've heard these tracks before'.....take a step back....

This album is crazy. album of the year based off production ALONE.

Back
Top Bottom