[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Originally Posted by EvansST

This is probably Ye's best album.
He has come full circle in his musical evolution sonically. He started out as a true hip-hop artist with a touch of alternative elements in his sound, then with LR he enhanced that sound by making beats that weren't the traditional repetive type and further pushed the envelope of hip-hop at the time, crossed over to electronica and mixed those elements in Graduation and 808's, now this album is a culmination of that 6 year evolution.

People hold LR and CD close to their heart because of that initial feeling of hearing something different from the world of hip-hop. 

Those albums, in a large way, molded hip-hop to what it is today.

I think this album does the same but IMO it may not be as impactful on the culture as the previous albums were. The reason why is because of this..

I mean when they say he was working with Pete Rock, Madlib, RZA...you can really hear the influence in the production. But what makes it extra special to me is the way he used their influences and still kept his own styles and tendencies to create what I think is a more exciting sound than any of his stuff recently
But watch, in the next few years hip-hop will improve because it follows Kanye's style and we might see go back to it's original elements of quality lyrics.

But I digress...

His production, flow, lyrics, have all stepped up tremendously. Before MBDTF, Kanye didn't have that nice of a flow. I thought it was below average because he would stress syllables too much to make up for his lack of flow (It's funny because that has became a staple in his songs). He has completely developed his flow now and it shows on songs like Monster and Dark Fantasy. 

I believe Kanye created another classic and possibly his best album.

11/22/10.

Hope Best Buy sells it for $9.99

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Time out, you're calling Graduation wackness?

I think that's what I said.
Here's part of a discussion I had with another NTer. IMHO

Big Brother, Drunk And Hot Girls, Barry Bonds , Big Brother, Good Life, The Glory were all throway tracks SMFH, all sounded like something you'd hear on those bootleg releases before the actual album IMO

He hasn't put out a decent album since LR, which took me endless plays to finally get it I guess you can say.

Didn't bother with that emo nonsense 808s because I heard more than enough from one single.

He redeemed himself five years later. He'll get my $10, and it's earned for the first time since 2005.
Have you heard those songs live? Theres a reason why Kanye said he wanted Graduation to have stadium anthems. They simply just sound better when performed live. Kanye flipped his samples the best imo on Graduation. I didn't know Good Life was PYT until my 5th or 6th time listening to the track. Ye' went nuts on Power, and spazzed on Can't tell me nothing. 
And Good Life is the Graduation version of Gold Digger, a club hyped single that has a sample that was flipped damn near perfectly. It's not as good as the first two, but it damn sure isn't wack. 

But at the end of the day, your opinion is respected. Everything isn't for everyone. 

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! For years, I've been trying to figure why I'm the only person who likes Barry Bonds. DF!!!

i bump to this song....anyone know where the song went with 'ye sampling Popular from the wicked soundtrack? kinda looked forward to that

Originally Posted by bns1201

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! For years, I've been trying to figure why I'm the only person who likes Barry Bonds. DF!!!

i bump to this song....anyone know where the song went with 'ye sampling Popular from the wicked soundtrack? kinda looked forward to that
yeah, where is that?

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

I was trying to find out what was sampled for gorgeous

- Gorgeous feat. KiD CuDi & Raekwon

(K. West, E. Wilson, M. Dean, M. Jones, C. Smith, C. Woods, S. Mescudi, G. Clark, R. McGuinn)
Please Gimme My Publishing/EMI Blackwood Music Inc.(BMI)/Let The StoryBegin Publishing/Chrysalis Songs (ASCAP)/Copyright Control/UniversalMusic-Careers (BMI)/Elsie’s Baby Boy Publishing (ASCAP)/Gene ClarkMusic (BMI) administered by Bug Music (BMI)/Chrysalis One MusicPublishing Group, Ltd. (IMRO). All rights on behalf of Chrysalis OneMusic Publishing Group Ireland administered by Chrysalis One Songs (BMI)
Produced by Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop Since 1978, No IDfor Rich Daily Since 71 & Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions
Recorded by Andrew Dawson, Anthony Kilhoffer, Mike Dean for Dean’s ListProductions & Christian Mochizuki at Avex Recording Studio,Honolulu, HI and Noah Goldstein & Phil Joly at Electric LadyStudios, NYC
Mixed by Anthony Kilhoffer at Avex Recording Studio, Honolulu, HI and Electric Lady Studios, NYC
Assisted by Christian Mochizuki, Pete Bischoff & Phil Joly
Guitars, Bass, Organ: Ken Lewis
Keys, Drum Programming: Brent Kolatalo
Guitar Solo: Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions
Cello: Chris “Hitchcock

All Of The Lights bangs pretty hard in the whip, same as Gorgeous
pimp.gif

In case anyone cares about the credits for each track:

Spoiler [+]
Dark Fantasy
(K. West, R. Diggs, E. Wilson, J. Bhasker, M. Dean, M. Jones, J. Anderson, M. Oldfield)
Please Gimme My Publishing/EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/Ramecca Music/Universal Music-Careers Publishing (BMI)/Let The Story Begin Publishing/Chrysalis Songs (ASCAP)/Way Above Music (BMI)|Sony ATV Songs LLC (BMI)/Copyright Control/Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp. (BMI)/Opio Publishing (BMI), all rights administered by Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp. (BMI)/Stage Three Songs (ASCAP) 0/b/o Stage Three Music Ltd. and Oldfield Music Ltd. (PRS)
Produced by The RZA, Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop Since 1978 & No ID for Rich Daily Since 71
Additional production by Jeff Bhasker & Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions
Recorded by Andrew Dawson, Anthony Kilhoffer & Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions at Avex Recording Studio, Honolulu, HI and Noah Goldstein at Glenwood Place Studios, Burbank, CA and Platinum Sound Recording, NYC
Mixed by Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions & Andrew Dawson at Platinum Sound Recording, NYC
Assisted by Gaylord Holomalia, Christian Mochizuki & Phil Joly
Keyboards: Jeff Bhasker
Piano: Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions
Cello: Chris “Hitchcock

Wow i actually like good life the most aside from good morning on Graduation. Song automatically puts me in a good mood, i hated drunk and hot girls, and big brother though.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Only thing I salvage from Graduation is Everything I Am and I Wonder. Other than that I'm waiting for the instrumentals to be released for the album.

Pretty much.
Like someone else said, maybe I need to give Graduation another listen. It has been since a week or two after it oficially released that I listened to it, because I was too pissed off at Kanye for releasing a lackluster effort. I'll listen to it again this week, scouts honor.

As far as the stadium experience, I attended the GITD tour, it was crazy, but really didn't change my opinion on the album.

As I said, i'll give it a listen.

Back
Top Bottom