[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

- Monster is a banger to me. Surprised that so many people hate it. This is the track that rocks my speakers the most in the car. Everyone has at least one quotable in the song. But Nicki clearly owns this track.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by solidsnake

"I saw that Twista had this ++** on in The Source!!"

laugh.gif

That bit shudda been a seperate skit though
THANK YOU.

Chris Rock is cool and all, but after hearing that *@$# a few times, I skip the track as soon as he comes on. After the first or second time hearing it, yes, I have to instantly hit the skip button as well.

- Gorgeous is a nice track. Not a standout for me. But definitely not skippable by any means. Ye actually squeezed 3 full verses in PLUS Rae's and yet it still doesn't feel like the track drags on. I love this track, but due to the distortion over Kanye's verses, I skip this track in the car [after the opening chorus].

- All Of The Lights is mesmerizing. Interlude is the perfect length. And like everyone else has said, I like trying to catch everybody's voice. Despite the subpar verses (only 1 and 1/2!), this is a standout track. I didn't mind Fergie or Cudi as much as some others seemed to. They were fine. But Alicia's part is my favorite. Best way to ignore Fergie's part? Pretend that it's Nelly Furtado.
laugh.gif

- Monster is a banger to me. Surprised that so many people hate it. This is the track that rocks my speakers the most in the car. Everyone has at least one quotable in the song. But Nicki clearly owns this track. Love this track, but not entirely sure it should be on the album.

- So Appalled reminds me of some ol' Mobb Deep Hell On Earth type music. Haunting + gritty. Hov killed, Push killed, but Cy Hi came w/that awkward Matt Leinart line. I appreciate the randomness of the Rza on here. And Swizz is alright w/me. So this track is good in my book. My only complaint is that similar to Monster, I don't feel like this fits in with the album. Musically, yes, but with it's heavy reliance upon features it doesn't have a minimalist/compact feel that I get from the rest of the album. A great song, just don't love it being on the album. Maybe, if this version was a remix and there was an original I'd really love it.

- Devil In A New Dress was probably the GOOD Friday track that I enjoyed the most from the moment I first heard it. Ross ruined it for me though. As others have pointed out, his verse has NOTHING to do w/the song. I hate when rappers jump on a track that has a specific theme and then start spittin about something the complete opposite. I made a copy and chopped Rick's verse off right at the 4 minute mark. Yes, I still have the Ross version included on my album version. But the Ross-less copy is for my own personal playlist.
laugh.gif
Like when people trashed Kanye for his verse on 'Run This Town'?? Most of those same people are praising Ross right now, but are conveniently forgetful ...

- Runaway drags on way too long for my personal liking. I like the track, but by the time the 7 minute mark rolls around, I'm like WTH Ye? This song has an 808s vibe to it. Which isn't a bad thing cuz unlike most of you, I actually loved 808s. Chop this down to 6 mins and I'm loving it. 9 minutes though is pushing it. If a track is gonna be that long, gimme a story like Last Call from CD or let it have some lyrics most of the way through like Joe Budden on 10 minutes. Think it's a good song, but I really can't stand the end of Runaway. The auto-tune is way over done and annoying as hell in the car.

- Hell Of A Life is sick. The only song other than POWER that has no guest feature. (I'm glad someone called a lot of you out on that earlier in the thread... Complaining about rappers like Game and Drake always name-dropping or using features, but quiet as kept when Ye does it). I like how he played with the beat after the 4 min mark.
laugh.gif
Thank you, thank you. But yeah, I LOVE the end of this track (excluding him moaning!). I'm not sure why he didn't extend this out some more.

Overall, this album is sick despite my nitpicking. People are saying it's short. I like the length of the album, because I think Kanye figured out how to compact an album without suffering from a loss of musicality.
Good review. My opinion of the album is nearly the same ...

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Like when people trashed Kanye for his verse on 'Run This Town'??

Nice input. I enjoy reading other people's views on why or what makes an album good or bad in their opinion.

As far as the quoted part, a perfect example of a rapper not sticking to the theme is Mobb Deep's Drink Away The Pain. Tip's verse was hot back in the day b/c of the way he flipped all the fashion names. And that's why he gets a pass. But the title of the song as well as the two other verses were about liquor. I'm sure people will say his verse was supposed to represent a person being drunk or some $%@$... But I'm not buying it.

Release Date is tomorrow! Gotta Support!
I'm still disappointed there was no G.O.O.D. Friday track.

PO

so teyana taylor and whoelse was singing on "dark fantasy" and for now thats my fav track on the album......i hated "monster" at first but in reality its a great track

and "see me now" is dope ....

So is Ye' really not doing any press this week to promote the album?
..like 106 & Park, etc...

I'll be at Target at 10, coppin' that $8.98 edition. I didn't see Chain Heavy or Momma's Boyfriend on iTunes though?

Why people buy albums off of iTunes I will NEVER understand.

I understand wanting to support and purchase (hell, I will be copping MBDTF, MOTM2 & Nothing tmrw @ Best Buy)...but why not buy the actual HARD COPY/packaging & take literally 1 minute out of your time to pop it into your computer to put it in iTunes as well?

EDIT: That being said, someone post a link to that iTunes version of "See Me Now"...
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom