THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
According to my dad's colleague who works in Milan, people camped overnight at Stadium and they sold out before noon local time. Looks like I'll have him go to Exelsior instead next time there's an HTM drop :lol:.

Your dad better wear your size...I sent my buddy there at Exelsior to pick me a pair, but they wont sell them to him since we are different size :smh:

The Gold Elites are nice, but looks like it doesn't have the nickname on the tongue/or even have a designated nickname.

damn that white gold/elite would look so good in a low or mid

:tongue:

thtas a beautiful shoe, but since id look like a doofus rocking it casually, and wouldnt use it to play ball, id have to wait for a low/mid

I thought I was done with the elites but Nike keeps "dragging" me back in...

Last edited:
Damn i wanted to be done with the high Tops too, Those Golds are FIRE! 
pimp.gif

According to my dad's colleague who works in Milan, people camped overnight at Stadium and they sold out before noon local time. Looks like I'll have him go to Exelsior instead next time there's an HTM drop :lol:.

Your dad better wear your size...I sent my buddy there at Exelsior to pick me a pair, but they wont sell them to him since we are different size :smh:
Yeah I told him what size to ask for. So there's still pairs available at Exelsior?

Still wondering how P.J. Tucker gets all these exclusives. This dude has been in and out the NBA, and is seeing his first real action this year finally as a full time starter and doesn't even average 10 points. By no means I am not hating at all, just wonder who in a position of power chose him and why?

Really happy that Nike is starting to build out the 9s, and really looking forward to what is coming in the near future. I will say the only one that fits my taste is the multicolor low, I don't under stand the gum bottom (espeically since my friends who want them always bisch about their soles yellowing, which looks the same to me lol) but I can see how the combo creates a very unique shoe.

Showtimes this saturday, and maybe look forward to those PJ Tucker purple lows which could be that July release cw. I'm happy to save some money especially with carmines next month, but future is quiet until those red cement lows (or I might make a red gold ID).

Good Luck Peeps...

I'm on the fence with these gold joints. They have a greyish look though, remind me a little of Details. I think white laces would look much better. Will decide later, when I see more pics. Showtimes are hopefully my last pair of IXs

Could not see if anyone posted this, sorry if double posted!

http://*************.com/news/the-difficulty-with-design-htm-kobe-and-the-question-of-playability/
[h1]The Difficulty With Design: HTM, Kobe, And The Question Of Playability[/h1]
POSTED  Apr 08, 2014 - 19 hours ago

27 SHARES

40 Comments

words // Zac Dubasik

This morning we saw the introduction of the HTM edition of the Kobe 9 Elite Low. While the standard editions of the 9 Low have utilized engineered mesh, these editions go back to the Flyknit found on the high-top version. It also replaces the Low’s plastic midsole shanks with carbon fiber. These changes make for a true low-top edition of the original model, with no compromises to the high-end performance elements.

For those of you who have come to favor low-tops to hoop in, this may be the exact model you’ve been hoping for. But there’s a problem. In the same press release that touted it for showcasing “pinnacle basketball innovation,” it also called this HTM edition a “lifestyle celebration,” which will only be available at Nike Stadium Milano and Excelsior in Milan.

In typical HTM fashion, the designs are clean and understated. The shoes feature neutral color palettes, ranging from heathered white and gum to black and marble. The aesthetic very much keeps with the spirit of Milan design week, which they were unveiled to coincide with. But, just to clarify – this is a lifestyle edition, of a performance shoe.

This isn’t the first time  Milan has served as a launching point for HTM editions of Nike performance product. A year ago we saw limited edition Flyknit Racers and Trainers launch around design week as well. The HTM concept has come to generate instant energy around a product, and has a history of being highly collectable. But while it may make sense from a design and energy standpoint, creating an inaccessible performance shoe doesn’t seem to coincide with Phil Knight’s motto of “Never forget to hear the voice of the athlete.” If basketball players did care about a design-forward edition of this shoe, they wouldn’t be able to get their hands on it anyway.

I’ve been highly disappointed with the performance of Nike Basketball’s line this season. While the shoes may have looked great, and released in more colorways than I could ever keep track of, they fell far behind  in terms of playability. In the past, they’ve always had Zoom Air to fall back on, but since Jordan Brand’s introduction of Flight Plate, Nike hoops no longer even owns the best cushioning platform.

K%2010.jpg
Sure, the shoes are selling as well as ever, but they’ve been limited in terms of performance. And that makes it frustrating to see a release like this – which is supposed to feature the best of the brand’s current innovations – geared to consumers that will privilege off-court wear.

The Kobe 9  was a shoe launched at an art museum, but at the end of the day, it's still a basketball sneaker. We were told the shoe would redefine basketball footwear with its Flyknit construction, yet rather than actually make it to the court, it’s releasing in high-concept, limited editions. I can appreciate a Masterpiece, but I can’t appreciate its performance to play in if finding a pair becomes a challenge

Read more: http://*************.com/news/the-d...nd-the-question-of-playability/#ixzz2yQ1TZhQ1

Last edited:
Thought this was pretty cool

Coinciding with Milan's design week and the reveal of the Kobe IX Low HTM Nike worked with Arthur Huang to create this Flyknit Aero Static Dome.  Pretty impressive.  It was inspired by Da Vinci's triangular parachute and Alexander Graham Bell's tetrahedral kite.  At the base of the dome holding it all together are 9 display cases with the Kobe 9 HTM's in it.  Would love to see better pics of the display cases.

As much as I like flyknit , I can't do white flyknit ... Seem like it would be impossible to keep clean
I think these would hold up much better since it has the black accent colors to go along with the white with some greys mixed in. Dirt won't be so noticeable. Plus the soles are grey which helps as well. The only pure white part would be the back where the heel cup is. I could roll with these much better than some of the all white ones or the volts.

Back
Top Bottom