THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
POSS NEW KOBE IX "LOW COLORWAY"???....

Hey guys hey if you go to Facebook .."Nike Zoom Kobe" page theres a couple pics someone posted of there Flynit "Lows"..anywaz i noticed they have 2 Dark Grey colorways that are not from ID i think, cause the Grey upper is alot darker than what we get on ID, and the Kobe sig on the tongue is a different color than the Kobe Shozukoo logo on the tongue? witch tells me this might be a NEW COLORWAY OF LOWS?...or?.....curious what you guyz think?...Holla!

https://www.facebook.com/nikezoomkobepage
You're right man. I saw it. Can't wait for those 2 grey cws.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks the whole Elite series is just not worth the money? The only Elites that were a noticeable improvement were the Lebron 9 Elites IMO. Other than that, it just seems to be about looks. I've seen a bunch of performance reviews and it seems like the Kobe 9 EM outperforms the Elite, it's just that the Elite looks better (the low). The KD V Elite looked better than the regular, but the regular outperformed it. 

Am I the only one who thinks the whole Elite series is just not worth the money? The only Elites that were a noticeable improvement were the Lebron 9 Elites IMO. Other than that, it just seems to be about looks. I've seen a bunch of performance reviews and it seems like the Kobe 9 EM outperforms the Elite, it's just that the Elite looks better (the low). The KD V Elite looked better than the regular, but the regular outperformed it. 
I do not think you're the only one.

The elite series has been a complete hit or miss across all the sigs IMO.  Having bought a couple different Elite series models, I can say that there were some improvements over the original versions that I really liked, but in cases there were downfalls too.  Never anything that justified the huge price increases

Surprised we still have only seen that one pic for "Strategy"

Not really a fan of 9 EM's but:

Nike Kobe 9 EM

Gym Blue/Obsidian/Varsity Gold

Last edited:
Showtime 9s brightening up the fall.

Been keeping all my Elite highs for ball till now but F it, these are fine with some joggers or skinny jeans IMO.

Love that bit of padding around the ankles for the extra comfort.

I do not think you're the only one.

The elite series has been a complete hit or miss across all the sigs IMO.  Having bought a couple different Elite series models, I can say that there were some improvements over the original versions that I really liked, but in cases there were downfalls too.  Never anything that justified the huge price increases
I haven't liked the Elite concept since Nike first introduced it a couple years ago. It's mainly just a money grab and marketing scheme to me. I've always preferred them having just one model for the entire year. I mean if the Elites were really that much better than the regular versions, shouldn't the sig athletes just wear the Elites for the whole year? Why wear an "inferior" model for the regular season before switching to Elites just for the playoffs?

Then the marketing campaign a couple years ago for the Elites was that they need to make things "lighter, stronger, better" for the athletes for the postseason. But then Lebron, for example, during his first stint in Cleveland mostly wore Soldiers in the postseason as his main shoe, and Soldiers are technically a takedown model. What was the logic in that then? It's all about how they're choosing to market things.

If this year's Elites was like in years past where only a couple Elite colorways dropped, with 95% of colorways still being on the regular model, I probably would've just moved it along. It was definitely harder to ignore grabbing an Elite this year since a significant number of IXs were Elites rather than a "regular" model, which you could say was smart on Nike's part to make the Elites the flagship model.

I think the em lows would have been too close to the 8s to justify the price increase. They do however perform a bit better than the 8s and the 9 elites. During real training camp you can see Kobe change from the elite lows to the EMs mid practice. 

The elite 8s to me performed a lot better than the GR. I do wish they just came out with the elite versions rather than the gr.

Tongue in oe tongue out? (No ayo), I like the high cut, but the tongue man...it just pokes out/down, and looks silly so I just been covering it.
You got to tie them up higher and go to one of the top eye lids if you don't want it to flop
Yep. For tongue out tie em to the next to last eyelet, and the pants/joggers/whatever have to be pretty slim/skinny cut to just stack on the top of the collar.

If you wear more straight leg, probably want to go over the collar. Straighter jeans look sloppy spilling over the back of the collar and all around the tongue, better to just wear them over the high part of the high top.

The lebron 11 elites far beyond failed, main reason probably being that Nike was too greedy with their price tag on them. Hopefully this pushes Nike away from the notion that they can create any ridiculous pricepoint and have them sell as planned.

As far as quality control goes, hopefully most people who ordered NikeiD Kobe 9 elite lows in 'solid colors' that were airbrushed (not black/grey) returned theirs so that Nike also gets that they shouldn't purposely put out some bs products, especially when they are obviously capable of doing it a better way.

Tongue in oe tongue out? (No ayo), I like the high cut, but the tongue man...it just pokes out/down, and looks silly so I just been covering it.

You got to tie them up higher and go to one of the top eye lids if you don't want it to flop

Yep. For tongue out tie em to the next to last eyelet, and the pants/joggers/whatever have to be pretty slim/skinny cut to just stack on the top of the collar.

If you wear more straight leg, probably want to go over the collar. Straighter jeans look sloppy spilling over the back of the collar and all around the tongue, better to just wear them over the high part of the high top.

View media item 1227006
With joggers it's a lot easier imo, I just find it challenging with jeans

If Kobe injures himself out of most of the season again, I feel like this will go for a considerable amount under retail, given the explanation for the cw, and the fact that the cw isn't getting too much praise as compared to others

Last edited:
Lol I checked ebay for the legacys' just for the fun of it, and people are really trying to resell them. Almost all sizes, including more common sizes, are still on NDC.... I don't really understand but it's funny to me

championship mindset?  and its a green cw...  
sick.gif

I think the em lows would have been too close to the 8s to justify the price increase. They do however perform a bit better than the 8s and the 9 elites. During real training camp you can see Kobe change from the elite lows to the EMs mid practice. 

The elite 8s to me performed a lot better than the GR. I do wish they just came out with the elite versions rather than the gr.

What are those "low" White/Purple colorways?...if you see the right shoe drop, when Kobe throws them down, you can see its got a "Flynit Low" stitches on the back heel?...but they look like an EM upper?..yet they have the "Flynit" tongue shape?...WTF!?...any help guys?

The Grey colorways looks like the HTMs?..

Back
Top Bottom