THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Supposedly Xmas are dropping online via Kickz101 on Monday.

Pairing these with the Xmas first name jerseys, they're going to stand out so much!

Yeah everyone wanted a low and seems everyone wants the 5s fit and comfort back. How lazy of Nike to give us the 1st FK basketball shoe in highs and lows. Not to mention the mid and EM version.

Hey Nike we want more of the same! Don't be lazy and do something new or different.
Repped.

I've been super happy with all the options and models. Think I'm at 16 or 17 pairs all told.

But, the Candy Canes seem to be the Christmas model, obviously. But which are the Merions/Aces? The Garnets? Cause I'll pass on those. I have the Merion 6 and 7 and the Garnets are a huge departure. Hoping we get a real Ace, white/silver with red of some sort.

Nike should've released all flyknit lows instead of EM

I like the 4 basic EMs and none of the print ones. We should have definitely got more FK lows though.

I just don't get what's not to like about the 9. We got highs a mid and lows. We got basic CWs and wild ones of the high/low versions. Granted the MC low ID release was a mess but we got em. Judging comfort isn't my thing but color and version wise all bases got covered IMO.

Last edited:
Yeah everyone wanted a low and seems everyone wants the 5s fit and comfort back. How lazy of Nike to give us the 1st FK basketball shoe in highs and lows. Not to mention the mid and EM version.

Hey Nike we want more of the same! Don't be lazy and do something new or different.

Repped.

I've been super happy with all the options and models. Think I'm at 16 or 17 pairs all told.

But, the Candy Canes seem to be the Christmas model, obviously. But which are the Merions/Aces? The Garnets? Cause I'll pass on those. I have the Merion 6 and 7 and the Garnets are a huge departure. Hoping we get a real Ace, white/silver with red of some sort.
I've read in a couple places that the garnet pair is actually inspired by wine. Don't think those are Lower Merions

@bowb4me or lil bow wow you literally read nothing I said

I did and disagree. I like the CWs. It's not a "fact" that Nike took the "easy way out". What does that even mean? Easy way out of what?

Let the FK Max be the FK max and the 9 be the 9. I don't want every Nike FK to look like the FK Max. Variety people. An I'm not sold that style of pattern would even look good on the 9.

Last edited:
The shoe itself and the look of it is great. Just wasn't execuated properly with the use of fly knit and color ways. I know this has been stated countless times but it's the truth. Especially with what nike does with the fly knit max. Color possibilities were endless and nike took the easy way out with the 9. Fact

If your saying let down by just cws then I suppose that's debatable but as a model the shoe itself (high) is exceptionally awesome imo.. We got several stunning cws and some strong ones behind that, I don't need 50 cws for each model personally wish they would've stopped at the heros

thinking of coping extra pair of masterpiece for $40o dsI still haven't found good price on gumbo,inspiration and details or the white elites,Anyone like high tops or hoop in them?

I agree. After the first few Elites it went downhill. I only like a couple of FK lows, Moonalker and the limited Milan joints I'll never touch. The China's and the green elites are the only others I'd consider coppin. Oh, and the mid EXTs were clean too.

I think kobe will continue his line after he retires. He has mentioned in interviews that he will spend his time developing his brand. I just think they may be the last ones we see him wear on court.

I did and disagree. I like the CWs. It's not a "fact" that Nike took the "easy way out". What does that even mean? Easy way out of what?

Let the FK Max be the FK max and the 9 be the 9. I don't want every Nike FK to look like the FK Max. Variety people. An I'm not sold that style of pattern would even look good on the 9.

There had been a few solid color ways and I love the shoe. But my point is when they made a huge deal about the fly knit on a basketball shoe they didn't utilize the tech or weave.
View media item 1282290View media item 1282297They could have created things like that but 90% of their color ways were a solid color with a black underlay. That is extremely basic. Still a cool shoe but how can you not see the missed potential with Color ways

Back
Top Bottom