THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Very curious to see the Draft Night CW / hornets CW.
There was a pic posted earlier in this thread of them, can't remember who posted it though but credit goes to them.

Picture was from a Kobe commercial shoot 

Last edited:
Got a kid who wants to trade me either Chaos 5's or xmas light 8's for my MP's. Both DS. And before you guys reply saying get what I want, I like both of them very much
happy.gif

Which ones would you take? BTW, I doubled up on MP's so I would still have a pair for myself.
Ask for both of them...moneywise(retail) MP's are $225, and xmas kobe 8's are $140 + $130 for chaos 5's= $270...IMO the $45 difference in retail prices is nothing when you compare the rarity of MP's compared to the chaos and xmas kobes. If the other party insists on only giving up one pair then walk away from that deal.

those chaos are extremely hard to find. He could probably get $250 for those easily

Ask for both of them...moneywise(retail) MP's are $225, and xmas kobe 8's are $140 + $130 for chaos 5's= $270...IMO the $45 difference in retail prices is nothing when you compare the rarity of MP's compared to the chaos and xmas kobes. If the other party insists on only giving up one pair then walk away from that deal.

On what planet do people trade based on retail cost?

There was a pic posted earlier in this thread of them, can't remember who posted it though but credit goes to them.

Picture was from a Kobe commercial shoot 
Thanks for the picture and I've seen it.  I was referring to more of detail pics of it lol.

Long time lurker here just wanted to share my first impression

Performance Review/First Wear

Wore my Maestros today and I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed in the 9s. Not exactly sure if these needed more break in time or if the high cut flyknit feel just isn't for me. Shoes do look amazing aesthetically though... flyknit, silhouette, traction pattern, laces. Went TTS experienced a little deadspace in the toebox as previously mentioned. The heel clip felt super clunky to me and was semi-digging against my ankle/foot. I was a huge fan of the 8s and always rocked them with ASO Ankle Braces on both ankles i.e. legitimate ankle support which leaves me wondering how necessary the upper on these elites is... Haven't tried using my ankle braces with the shoes as I feel that would take away from the "proprioceptive" feel as well as stretch out the upper flyknit. Might just wait to cop the flyknit lows when they drop even though those details are looking 
nthat.gif
. Also, does anyone lace these up to the very top hole?/Anyone really put some wear on these to talk about the durability of the lunarlon in comparison to Kobe 8s?

Thanks NT

I don't know why anyone would call either purple pair Suns colors. The laces are yellow as can be. That's why PJ had his laces changed. These are definitely Lakers colors, it can't be a solid yellow because of the flyknit. There will be some gold and orange in there.

Would details + inspirations be a fair trade for ds masterpieces?
In my opinion, No. Inspirations don't go for more than retail, and lets say hypothetically the Details don't resell for more than retail, so you paid about $480-$500 for them both after tax/shipping to trade for MP's which you can probably find in the low $400's. 

and same thing with the trade for Chaos V's and Christmas Lights VIII's. Both of each can fetch around $250-$300 easily, double them up and you're looking at about $500-$600 resell value to trade for MP's which again can probably be found in the $400's

Last edited:
I'm one of the dudes dying for a Laker cw.... Not sure if the suns/sorta laker cw quite does it for me. Maybe some in hand pics can change my mind. But I'm all $225'd out for these Kobes.

Hopefully we get Id options to make Laker cws.

The purple on the Showtimes need to be deeper, like the purple on the Masterpiece... IMO.

Maybe Nike thought they would resemble each other too much? IDK

In my opinion, No. Inspirations don't go for more than retail, and lets say hypothetically the Details don't resell for more than retail, so you paid about $480-$500 for them both after tax/shipping to trade for MP's which you can probably find in the low $400's. 

and same thing with the trade for Chaos V's and Christmas Lights VIII's. Both of each can fetch around $250-$300 easily, double them up and you're looking at about $500-$600 resell value to trade for MP's which again can probably be found in the $400's
That's a point of view.

But if you don't want to sell tour shoes, it's better to have 2 pairs of Kobe 9 Elite than 1. Is it too simple?

That's a point of view.

But if you don't want to sell tour shoes, it's better to have 2 pairs of Kobe 9 Elite than 1. Is it too simple?
depends on how you look at it. It's all opinion though to be honest. I would rather have 1 pair of Kobe Prelude 8 than 2 pairs of Kobe 8 PP. But I would rather have 2 pairs of Sulfurs than 1 pair of WTK. 

depends on how you look at it. It's all opinion though to be honest. I would rather have 1 pair of Kobe Prelude 8 than 2 pairs of Kobe 8 PP. But I would rather have 2 pairs of Sulfurs than 1 pair of WTK. 
His question was not about taste, it was about fairness.

Showtimes are a must!! I said I was done after the Details. Nike keeps taking my money.

Hopefully the Showtimes are GR like the Perspectives.

$900+tax on four shoes, I've fallen into the trap again.

I feel that even though the Perspective has the more loud colours, they're more casually wearable than the Inspirations. Something about the Perspectives just comes together bette. I guess it's the more consistent blue color-blocking with the flyknit, as opposed to the random bits of volt, green, and orange on the Inspiration--which just contrasts weirdly, especially with the yellow tongue.

dope shoes, dope pic. repped.

Back
Top Bottom